Hacking vWii completely freezing on USB Loader GX

naifmeh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,

I was trying to play some of my wii backups on the vWii using USB Loader GX. It always seemed to work fine with another pendrive I was using, but I had to switch to a new one with more capacity yesterday.
When running USB Loader GX, it totally froze on the "Initializing usb device" screen, making the wii u completely unresponsive. Pushing the power button did nothing, nor did holding this button for 4 seconds to get a force shutdown. Couldn't get out of that screen unless I unplugged my Wii U from the wall outlet.

After 3/4 trials (and 3/4 unplugging), I managed to get the pendrive working but I was wondering if there was any other way to get out of this screen if it happens again, without unplugging the power outlet ? I tried removing the pendrive while it was hanging but it remained frozen on the same screen.

Also, are there actually any risks in unplugging the power cord to shut down the wii u ?

Thank you :)

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

get yourself an external hard drive with a Y cable and everything will be fine. you will see you will not regret it

USB keys often give a black screen or never start, especially with the wii U.

Also, are there actually any risks in unplugging the power cord to shut down the wii u ?

yes, you risk damaging your Wii U.
the best way is to keep pressing "power" for about 5-10 seconds, and it will turn off by itself.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you try setting USB Loader GX to read both the USB ports on the back? If that'swhat you're doing already, try the other two settings.

yes, you risk damaging your Wii U.
the best way is to keep pressing "power" for about 5-10 seconds, and it will turn off by itself.
From my experience, that doesn't always work in vWii or Wii VC. But still, try it first.

Reactions: jeannotte

naifmeh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
Thank you both for your answers :)

I actually tried pressing for up to 20 seconds (yeah that's a long time pressing) but nothing was responding, last option was to remove the power plug unfortunately.
What components of the Wii U can it damage ? I'd guess the HDD is the most sensitive to a brutal power switch.

For having both ports working, I don't think I have done something like this. I've always used the first port as I've read somewhere that cIOS beta52 only supports one port (might be wrong). I'm going to see how I can setup both ports to work :)

As for the external HDD, I'm planning to get one, I'm using USB since there are only 3/4 games I really like playing but if the pendrive keeps messing with my Wii U, I'Il probably get one.

For people having the same problem, my pendrive started working again after re-partitioning in four partitions of size 0 and the last partition filling all the available space (partitioned as FAT32 with cluster size 32). All of this was done using Bootice. Also, if Bootice fails to create the partitions as it did with me, you should first restore the MBR on the pendrive.

Last edited by naifmeh,
Reactions: jeannotte

Manddrakke

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello everybody. Is there a Wii U app like USB Loader GX to use on the Wii U system? I would like to have covers like on vWii!

FOXSYNCLAYER

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I am facing a problem after updating my vWii's cIos to d2x-v11-beta1-vWii. When starting the usb loader gx with 2 hard drives (one from the wiiU at the front with a Y cable and the other from the vWii at the back with a Y cable) my usb loader gx simply hangs on the loading screen with the message "Reinitializing Devices"; But if I start the vWii without the WiiU's HD it loads normally. This problem did not happen before updating the cIos, I used the 2 hard drives connected and the usb loader gx started normally. What can it be?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5