mateuscz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi.

I'm new on using Wad Manager and, before I do something that can brick my Wii, I would like to ask some things. My Wii version is 4.2u and I am about to use Wad Manager 1.7 (of couse, using IOS 249). I downloaded some wads using Nus Downloader 1.5a (beta). I am using Uloader to play the games. I'd like to know if there is some kind of error that can occur, if the wads from this version of Nus Downloader are reliable, if my Uloader can stop working, or whatever wrong that can happen. Sorry for my noob question, but I'm really afraid of bricking my Wii.

Thanks a lot,
Mateus

mateuscz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Actually, I don't know what nand exactly is. That is why I'm afraid. I am a beginner and don't know many things. Could you explain me? (Sorry for this noob question)

hack3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mateuscz said:
Actually, I don't know what nand exactly is. That is why I'm afraid. I am a beginner and don't know many things. Could you explain me? (Sorry for this noob question)

Download and install bootmii (it shouldn't be too hard to find) and from there you can make a nand backup (make sure you have enough room on your sd card) that will allow you to backup your important wii files so that if you do happen to brick your wii then all is not lost. It's an important precaution to take.

mateuscz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Bootmii can be installed as an IOS or as boot2, which is better. But I've read (when I was googleing) that in some Wiis we can't install the program as boot2. Do you know if in a Black Wii in version 4.2u it is possible?

Thanks very much!

KiiNG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly are you trying to do to your Wii? You should really follow one of the sticked guides instead of blindly installing .wads you think you need. You'll just be asking how to fix a brick next.

In regards to Bootmii on boot2, only the earlier Wii consoles (first year white ones) can have bootmii on boot2.

mateuscz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you very much about the information!

QUOTE said:
What exactly are you trying to do to your Wii? You should really follow one of the sticked guides instead of blindly installing .wads you think you need. You'll just be asking how to fix a brick next.

I haven't installed anything in my Wii yet. Even Uloader and Homebrew already came in my Wii, because the man in the store installed them. I am just getting information about Wii modding first of doing something, because I wanted to install some VC games. Anyways, thanks for the warning.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3