Hacking Waninkoko prepares Firmware Updater 4.2

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Ok, so ive got everything working fine. New HBC and 4.2.

But my friend has done the 4.2 update before the Hackmii installer.

Can he/I get the HBC and Bootmii back reinstalled? Or is he up the creek?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ConJ said:

well he should still be able to but hbc probably got deleted and he will need to use another exploit such as smashstack or indiana pwns to get i it back.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
ConJ said:

well he should still be able to but hbc probably got deleted and he will need to use another exploit such as smashstack or indiana pwns to get i it back.

Get Indy and use that to get to the bootmii installer. I tested this today on a virgin v4.2U and it worked perfectly. Indy was only $20 at a local Best Buy....worth $20 in my book to have access to another exploit
smile.gif

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Thanks. I just spoke to him again and he says that the HBC and Bootmii is gone, but his Usb loader still works.

Do these exploits work on a PAL console? And could they be done with a backup on usb loader?

Sketter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
uummm.... is anyones HBC upside down?

I did HBC update then ran wink update. After restart no channels were deleted, back ups work, HD works, when i go into HBC it's upside down...

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sketter said:

I did HBC update then ran wink update. After restart no channels were deleted, back ups work, HD works, when i go into HBC it's upside down...
It means your HBC is running on a fakesigned IOS. Assuming your HBC is using IOS61 still, use DOP-IOS or something to install a non trucha-bugged IOS61 and you should be back to normal.

bigd5783

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best method to update to 4.2.
If you have 4.1 or lower and an internet connection to your wii.
Download and place Waninkoko's updater in the apps folder named as boot.dol
Run HBC
Agree to the upgrade
Install the New HBC, DVDX, and bootmii. (HBC's id changes, DVDX's id changes, and bootmii is corrected to forward correctly to the new HBC's id)
Make sure you have at least 300 blocks free. (I always make sure I have at least 500)
Run Waninkoko's updater and wait FOREVER. (it took a very long time just fyi, be patient)
when instructed press A to Reboot the wii and you are good to go.

If you dont have an internet connection Im not sure what all you will need as far as the ios's but you will need to update the HBC, DVDX, and Bootmii manually.

manaphy4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
waninkoko updater 4.2

i did everything but when last thing at download shopping channel it's wrote error and i have block free up to 600 blocks

paulwesley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heres what I did installed hackmii v.05 then did the waninkoko updater 4.2 took forever I checked and everything but preloader works just fine wads from sd configurable usb load and exitebots on wifi all work just fine . guess I have to wait for a new preloader.

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Sketter said:

I got this wierd thing going on aswell.

What ecactly do I need to do to solve it?

Nerdii

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
"Select IOS version to use during installation:"

What IOS do I select?

Posts merged

ConJ said:
Sketter said:

I got this wierd thing going on aswell.

What ecactly do I need to do to solve it?

HBC is running through a fake-signed IOS. It runs on IOS61, so go into Dop-IOS and un-fakesign (don't ask me how to do that) that IOS!

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The firmware updater works great for the most part. A few small issues, but easily fixable:

1. Since the firmware updater updates the MIOS, you will quickly realize that after the update your GC backups no longer work. Simply run the cMIOS patcher again and reinstall.

2. After you are on 4.2U, of course bannerbomb no longer works. I have Indy so I just tested the exploit after using Waninkoko's updater...to run the hackmii installer. Well, it booted in saying "no vunerable IOS found". The updater seems to do a "Cioscorp" on your IOSes. I fixed that right quick by running DOP-IOSv8 and installing IOS30. Press "-" to install previous version 1040. It is an old IOS for system menus 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4....and will not do anything to your system. But, it'll allow the hackmii installer to continue
smile.gif

Overall, good job. I do wish that it left a vunerable IOS intact so that it would not interfere with the hackmii installer afterward, but it wasn't hard to fix. Keep #2 in mind if you perform the update however...because down the road you will certainly have an issue installing a new hackmii release if you don't do this.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nerdii said:
Help??

What IOS do I select?

Posts merged

Help??