Hacking Waninkoko's cIOS Rev20 Coming This Month!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak, I haven't used NUSAD but I'm guessing it uses all the files that NUS: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/NUS_Downloader uses. Doesn't NUS only get official Nintendo releases? Being stubs of 222/223/249?

How will you add cIOSx rev20 to NUSAD?

Oh, I almost forgot...

TEH MOOSIK IZ CRAPZOR!! I KARNT MUTE, EET SHUD BE BETTORZ SAOUNDZ!!!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
BBking83 said:
XFlak, I haven't used NUSAD but I'm guessing it uses all the files that NUS: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/NUS_Downloader uses. Doesn't NUS only get official Nintendo releases? Being stubs of 222/223/249?

How will you add cIOSx rev20 to NUSAD?

If you look in the changelog of NUSAD, I describe in great detail. But basically, NUSAD does what waninkoko does to make the cIOSs except using windows instead of the wii (NUSAD would of course not be able to do this without Waninkoko's hard work).

NUSAD does a lot more than just download things from NUS, that's why I was debating changing the name to something more appropriate (for lack of a better word)

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
So, you have your own server or something? You can put what ever you want in NUSAD for people to d/l?

Sorry, I should probably just d/l it and read it!
tongue.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
NUSAD 4.1.0 Changelog (just one of many changes)
  • Added the ability to create cIOSs and cMIOSs in wad form for easy batch installation via a wad manager.
Note: that this is done legally, any copyrighted nintendo files are downloaded from their servers directly. The custom cIOS (or cMIOS) modules bundled with NUSAD (made by Waninkoko, Hermes and WiiGator) are open source and legal to share under GPL. The diff files bundled with NUSAD do not contain any nintendo code, but instead they only store the differences between the unencrypted base wad modules and the unencrypted cIOS modules (so it only stores/applies the same changes the cIOS/cMIOS installers make to the base wad in the first place). All credit for these cIOSs/cMIOSs go to Waninkoko, Hermes and WiiGator, all I did was reverse engineer their work and repack it into a wad (which still wasn't easy). Also note that these cIOS/cMIOS wads work exactly the same as if you were to install the cIOSs using an official installer -- it has been tested extensively. FYI, I spoke with Waninkoko and he gave me his consent to do all of this.If you have any more questions about NUSAD, please post them in the NUSAD thread.
Cheers

edit: just FYI, you didn't have to download the program to see the changelog, it's in the main thread

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
We all better hope that Spain win the Football/ Soccer world cup because Waninkoko's says if Spain lose that Cios Rev20 will be delayed until September!

-pb-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
luminalace said:
We all better hope that Spain win the Football/ Soccer world cup because Waninkoko's says if Spain lose that Cios Rev20 will be delayed until September!

well. then im afraid september it will be ;p

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
luminalace said:
You forgot to add the "
wink.gif
" in the remark (source).

plog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
-pb- said:
luminalace said:

well. then im afraid september it will be ;p

Yes Iam afraid so!!!

zeveroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused.
blink.gif

I thought that Rev 20 was out and that Rev 21 was tweeted to be coming out soon also. I still can't fine Rev 20. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night