Hacking WBFS Manager 3.0

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
Because I have most of my games .rar is it possible to have the app "Remember" what is on the drive so I only have to add any new ISO files and not keep reloading them all to check.?

AlexDP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@dexter: the 500 game limitation is a limitation of libwbfs, not WBFS Manager. Theres no point chaning it either, because none of the USB Loaders would be able to read beyond the 500, unless they were updated to reflect the change.
Also, it's not actually a bug. Once the adding process is complete, it always displays a message that the process completed. If any games had problems while transferring, they'll get a red X icon next to them on the Games To Add list. This was done because people didn't want the process to be interrupted everytime something went wrong and wait for them to click OK. If you want to see the error message, hover your mouse over the red X icon.
Also, it should be possible to minimize WBFS Manager while it's doing batch processing. Just click on the taskbar item. You can also do that by right clicking the taskbar item and choosing minimize.

@erolz: That is the WRONG link. That's for .NET Framework 3.5. You only have .NET FW 3.5, you need 3.5 SP1. I don't know how many times I've mentioned this... Just let the installer do it's job. Theres a reason it's telling you to install it.

(And to those who complained about the installer, this is why it's absolutely necessary to have the installer and to have it install .NET 3.5 SP1. Too many people have issues getting the right one.)

@wiistarter: Possible, but not something I'm going to do. The project is no longer active.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brilliant sir. I just downloaded this, installed on XPx64, and added a shitload of rarred games to my drive without even a hiccup. The unrarring process seems slower than winrar, but that might just be me being impatient. It is still faster to use winrar, as it lets you run multiple instances so if your PC can handle it, you can unrar 30 games at once. Maybe put that on the wish list for version 4 or something.

Does this have the option to change game ID? I had another application that did that, I just don't see a button for it on this on.

Anyways, good job. Very happy with it.

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
AlexDP said:
@wiistarter: Possible, but not something I'm going to do. The project is no longer active.

Pity... Still I can make sure all my knew games are stored seperately until I get round to putting them on the drive then I can just rar them up for backup puposes.

If I need to transfer all my games I can just clone the drive using your tool..

Again thanks for a great app

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AlexDP said:
@dexter: the 500 game limitation is a limitation of libwbfs, not WBFS Manager. Theres no point chaning it either, because none of the USB Loaders would be able to read beyond the 500, unless they were updated to reflect the change.
Also, it's not actually a bug. Once the adding process is complete, it always displays a message that the process completed. If any games had problems while transferring, they'll get a red X icon next to them on the Games To Add list. This was done because people didn't want the process to be interrupted everytime something went wrong and wait for them to click OK. If you want to see the error message, hover your mouse over the red X icon.
Also, it should be possible to minimize WBFS Manager while it's doing batch processing. Just click on the taskbar item. You can also do that by right clicking the taskbar item and choosing minimize.

Thanks for getting back to me! Actually the tiny little bug I was referring to was that when you try to add game 501 it shows as added on the Games to Add list - no red X, it shows a green check as if it transferred. It's obvious that it doesn't install the game because it happens in a fraction of a second and the count doesn't ever go over 500.

Thanks for the suggestion that I right click on WBFS Manager in the taskbar to minimize it... It doesn't work but thanks
smile.gif
- still not able to minimize... no big deal I still have all my DOS batch files from before there was a WBFS manager.

I realize that the 500 file limit is a deficiency of the File System and not WBFS Manager. I took a look at the libwbfs.c and header file, and a few others - It is wonderful that someone took the time to come up with WBFS even if I didn't find the code intuitive myself... and I saw on another site your discussion about coming up with something new. Hopefully the 500 file limit will be addressed in the new iteration of WBFS (hopefully you don't seriously consider any of the other file systems already out there and stay true to the Wii data structure) It would be nice, but a very small nice, if you could add something like a resource fork to include cover art - or even a folder structure. There were some interesting suggestions there lol even one to NOT shrink the game and install the full ISO, wasted space and all! Please don't do that
smile.gif
- the average file size of the games on the WBFS partition is 1.71gb/Game.

Thanks again for all your appreciated efforts!

gscherz

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi,
i´ve installed this wbfs-manager, it looks great and has also worked fine initially. but after some games on the wii and reconnecting to pc, wbfs brings an error:
"Error occurred while loading drive. Make sure the drive is not in use or open and that it has been formatted to WBFS format."
the drive, a samsung sp1604n in a fantec enclosure with usb, is wbfs-formatted and recognized by the wii and vista shows the drive in the explorer to.
unsure.gif

can somebody help me?

thanx
gscherz

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are you disconnecting the drive when you're done? I would hope you are using the "Safely Remove Hardware" method to ensure the drive isn't being written to before pulling the plug out.

gscherz

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hdhacker said:
How are you disconnecting the drive when you're done? I would hope you are using the "Safely Remove Hardware" method to ensure the drive isn't being written to before pulling the plug out.

the drive was remove safely, there are no access to the disks while disconnecting - there are no errors on the disk, the hdd still works on wii and will still recognize by vista - it will be a driveletter assigned - only wbfs-manager show an error-message ...

debois

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
it worked fine for me for a whole time but now it suddenly doesn't.
When I try to start it, it crashes and I get a error that asks if I want to report it to windows or not.

PLZ HELP

abud

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AlexDP said:
Nds Boy said:
Does this release transfer game in similar manner to Wanikoko 1.5? as in it transfers the channel as well as the virtual thing?
Theres now an option that allows you to choose which channels to copy. Just go to the Advanced tab in the options menu and choose the option you want in the "Partitions to Keep" dropdown menu.

I tought this option was meant to remove update from the ISO as you add the iso to the drive. Just like WII brickblocker would do.

"Only game partition" would only take the game partition, ignoring all other partition in the ISO, "Remove update partition, keep rest" would remove the update like wiibrickblocker but keep all other partitions...

Correct me if I am wrong but it has nothing to do with Channels and Virtual Console Games... no ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ai - "Yea baby, bring it on."