Hacking WBFS Manager - Beta Tester Request

AlexDP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, it's been a while since I've worked on WBFS Manager or even followed the Wii scene. But lately I've tried to get direct drive to drive copying working and I think it may be working. Unfortunately I no longer have a Wii and can't test it myself, which is why I'm requesting a few beta testers for this. You obviously need multiple drives (at least 2) for this. Also I don't recommend copying to a drive which you've got important backups on, its best if you copy to a WBFS drive that doesn't have anything important and your okay with re-formatting if necessary.
Just post here if you'd like to volunteer and I'll PM you with the necessary info.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can give it a go. How about if I were to WBFS format an SD card and try direct copy from my WBFS hd to the WBFS formatted SD? That would equate to the same process I am assuming. Also, any plan to add a multi-ISO extract function? Finally, good to see you around!

AlexDP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
zektor said:
I can give it a go. How about if I were to WBFS format an SD card and try direct copy from my WBFS hd to the WBFS formatted SD? That would equate to the same process I am assuming. Also, any plan to add a multi-ISO extract function? Finally, good to see you around!
Thanks.
What exactly do you mean by multi-ISO extraction? Do you mean extracting multiple ISOs at once? This is (as far as I remember) already possible with WBFS Manager. You just need to hold the Ctrl button and select multiple items. I may have misunderstood what you meant...
I'll send you the details in a PM soon, probably after a few more people volunteer, to make it a bit easier to organize things, so watch that PM box
smile.gif

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heya AlexDP,

I'll beta test for you as well, I have a WBFS formatted HD (120gb) as well as several flash drives that I can format to WBFS to do some drive-to-drive copying.

I'm excited to hear that you're working on this, just the other day I was trying to clone a drive and ended up using the extract/copy method which of course takes a lot longer. It would be great if the direct copy feature is working, it would be very useful which is why I'm more than happy to beta test it.

codone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, my first question is, does the current version 3.0.1 support Drive to Drive? Just tonight, I saw the need to copy a 120Gig WBFS drive off to another HD, and I had noticed the "drive to drive" button. I am looking at the feature on my PC now (with no drives connected) and it all seems to be there in the GUI. I guess this method is not currently working?

And I would like to help you test as well!

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
codone, as far as I understand it, v3.0.1 supports drive-to-drive copying but it uses the old method: extract the game from the old HDD, write it to your computer's HDD, then write it to the new HDD.

The direct copy method instead copies directly from one drive to another, without writing to your computer's hard drive. This is much faster since only one operation is required per game.

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
If you still need testers I would be more than happy as I have a couple of drives I would like to clone right now.

Elfish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
good to see you're still working on wii stuff.
i'm looking forward for your new tool. sadly i dont got 2 wbfs drives.

But i was wondering if you'd be able to create to tool for resizing wbfs partitions, without data loss.

Thanks so far!

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i can beta test as well if needed.

how much faster is this method?

The current clone drive method took like 5 hours + to clone 120 games from one drive to another.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AlexDP said:
zektor said:
Thanks.
What exactly do you mean by multi-ISO extraction? Do you mean extracting multiple ISOs at once? This is (as far as I remember) already possible with WBFS Manager. You just need to hold the Ctrl button and select multiple items. I may have misunderstood what you meant...
I'll send you the details in a PM soon, probably after a few more people volunteer, to make it a bit easier to organize things, so watch that PM box
smile.gif

Yes, the extraction of multiple ISOs. As far as I recall, this did not work for me the last time that I had tried. I'll give it a try again (while I am testing the beta) and let you know if I have an issue.

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a 400GB with games on it, and a 320GB empty ... So I'm good to test if you need anyone.

Let me know.

Thanks AlexDP !

fiddlefaddle22

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello Alex ive done the tests,i have a XP 32 bit system and i cloned from a Western Digital My Passport Essential 250GB 232gb partition filled with 118 games using 185.43GB of space to a Western Digital Elements 400GB partitioned to 186.38GB.The cloning took 4 hours to do and ive tested 10 games that are working ok through channels,usbloader gx and neogamma.
I done the first test in reverse cloning the clone by copying from the Western Digital Elements 400GB partitioned to 186.38GB to the Western Digital My Passport Essential 250GB 232gb partition.It took 3 hours 55 mins to copy and everything seems to be working fine.I also copied 18 games succesfully from the Western Digital Elements 400GB partitioned to 186.38GB to a ONMEMORY first class 4GB SD card.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fiddlefaddle22 said:
Hello Alex ive done the tests,i have a XP 32 bit system and i cloned from a Western Digital My Passport Essential 250GB 232gb partition filled with 118 games using 185.43GB of space to a Western Digital Elements 400GB partitioned to 186.38GB.The cloning took 4 hours to do and ive tested 10 games that are working ok through channels,usbloader gx and neogamma.
I done the first test in reverse cloning the clone by copying from the Western Digital Elements 400GB partitioned to 186.38GB to the Western Digital My Passport Essential 250GB 232gb partition.It took 3 hours 55 mins to copy and everything seems to be working fine.I also copied 18 games succesfully from the Western Digital Elements 400GB partitioned to 186.38GB to a ONMEMORY first class 4GB SD card.

Good to hear you had success. I had a lockup (on copy) the first time I tried, but it could very well be the card reader. I will have to retry with another hard drive this weekend. The only thing that concerns me is the copy tikme. 118 games copied in four hours does not seem very different than the result I would get with the last official release (3.0.1) using a non-direct hard drive copy method. I copied 152 games using that version from a 500GB seagate to a 320GB WD, and it took around 4 1/2 hours.

On another note, Alex, ISO multi extract does work. Sorry about that. I must have been doing something wrong the first time around
smile.gif

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dteyn said:
codone, as far as I understand it, v3.0.1 supports drive-to-drive copying but it uses the old method: extract the game from the old HDD, write it to your computer's HDD, then write it to the new HDD.

The direct copy method instead copies directly from one drive to another, without writing to your computer's hard drive. This is much faster since only one operation is required per game.
ah i was about to say, doesnt 3.0.1 do drive to drive, but it seems this is a direct drive to drive test rather than copy to PC then drive, which doesnt seem very practical actually lol

not that i'm saying it's shit, at least it works
smile.gif
i mean, i couldnt do it XD

spliffdizzle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am more than willing to help you out. I have been using your software exclusively and would love to be part of testing a new version.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I would like to beta test this. But first I wanna be clear that direct drive to drive copy means that a few games from the WBFS partition can be directly transferred to another HDD with a WBFS partition. (Not via means of extract to PC's internal HDD then copying it again to the other USB HDD because it dumps a standard 4.3gb Wii ISO first)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P