Hacking What actually happened to the R4 team?

Frogman

This could be you!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.frogmanreviews.com
XP
Country
what happened did they just like dissappear or did they say they were closing down or what happened,
ive just got into flashcarts since i bought my dsi (may this year) so sorry for my n00biness

House Spider

In the GBAtemp attic.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net
XP
Country
They quit, last year. Probably because of all those clones.
smileipb2.png

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nintendo Law suit.

they released the last v1.18 FW (i think) and then stopped production

Great question, many people think that they just died due to more popular cards, the R4 was actually pretty active, it used to release firmware at the end of each month, fixing games, and bugs etc. it WAS a respectable team, and all these clones exploit its name so it can get good sales
dry.gif

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Heh, Attack of the Clones....

The lawsuit can't have helped. Can't believe I cannot sell mine on Amazon or even ebay now!

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The real r4 team got sued by nintendo and a flood of clones took over, so they ditched the R4 and made a new card called the m3.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
laxman0220 said:
The real r4 team got sued by nintendo and a flood of clones took over, so they ditched the R4 and made a new card called the m3.

What are you talking about they didn't make the M3... The M3 team was formed before the R4 team. As the M3 has Slot 2 carts which the R4 doesn't. R4 and M3 are not together in any way. The M3 team actually formed there flashcart M3 Simply and it was a clone of the R4.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
laxman0220 said:

What are you talking about they didn't make the M3... The M3 team was formed before the R4 team. As the M3 has Slot 2 carts which the R4 doesn't. R4 and M3 are not together in any way. The M3 team actually formed there flashcart M3 Simply and it was a clone of the R4.
The R4 was originally made by the M3 team, but they broke off to be independend later.
Then the many clones come, then M3 takes over again with the R4i.

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
laxman0220 said:

Fail.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pendor said:
jakob95 said:
laxman0220 said:

Fail.

How is that a fail. The M3 Simply was a clone of the R4 it was the same exact thing. The R4 made the updates and then the next day m3 Simply got the same update. As soon as the R4 stopped making updates so did M3 Simply.

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
Pendor said:
jakob95 said:
laxman0220 said:

Fail.

How is that a fail. The M3 Simply was a clone of the R4 it was the same exact thing. The R4 made the updates and then the next day m3 Simply got the same update. As soon as the R4 stopped making updates so did M3 Simply.

Fail.

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pendor said:
jakob95 said:
Pendor said:
jakob95 said:
laxman0220 said:

Fail.

Fail.

nvm..

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All these "fail" are just spam. The R4 Team was attacked by many Numerous Nintendo Game Complaints (sued). That's why they quit the R4 team and went to Making the M3. [Correct me if I'm wrong]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon: anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator is bad in my book, i...