What am I doing wrong? I purchased mod LED model & updated HATS & SIGPATCHES but games just hang on the EMUMMC side of things? Can play stock...

Kagami-san

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.These-Internets.com
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me figure out what went wrong with my LED Switch mod?

What am I doing wrong? I purchased a new, LED model Switch from sthetix (modded) and it worked perfectly until I needed to update the second or third time

(I guess... I never had trouble updating HATS in the past but...)

Well, ...ever since I recently updated HATS & SIGPATCHES following the firmware update, the games just don't ever actually boot/run (neither do the menus, it will just hang the Switch if I choose to click or select anything on the screen whatsoever once it boots ...and then it has to be powered down by holding down the power button....) This is only when I boot to the EMUMMC side of things... which used to work just fine until recently.

But now... not one single game on the non-stock side will load. No error message, just looks like it might start to load the game and then hangs (freezes screen) forever and ever. If I reboot and then select stock from hekate, I can play games from the stock side that I've already purchased just fine ... no hanging.

I thought I had a sigpatch issue and that's why this was happening... but I just used the official link provided by 'sthetix' on recent Twitter profile to update that as well and I've still got the same issue.

I'm just dragging and replacing everything inside the HATS folder as normal ... Anyone that can help me? This thing was expensive and has only worked for a couple months due to this issue... :-(

***THANKS SO MUCH FOR ANY HELP***

Caio7242

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

What am I doing wrong? I purchased a new, LED model Switch from sthetix (modded) and it worked perfectly until I needed to update the second or third time

Well, ...ever since I recently updated HATS & SIGPATCHES following the firmware update, the games just don't ever actually boot/run (neither do the menus, it will just hang the Switch if I choose to click or select anything on the screen whatsoever once it boots ...and then it has to be powered down by holding down the power button....) This is only when I boot to the EMUMMC side of things... which used to work just fine until recently.

But now... not one single game on the non-stock side will load. No error message, just looks like it might start to load the game and then hangs (freezes screen) forever and ever. If I reboot and then select stock from hekate, I can play games from the stock side that I've already purchased just fine ... no hanging.

I thought I had a sigpatch issue and that's why this was happening... but I just used the official link provided by 'sthetix' on recent Twitter profile to update that as well and I've still got the same issue.

I'm just dragging and replacing everything inside the HATS folder as normal ... Anyone that can help me? This thing was expensive and has only worked for a couple months due to this issue... :-(

Probably your emunand is corrupted or something. Try remaking it

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to rename the folder in sd/atmosphere/contents rename the contents folder to something else and reboot it could be an outdated homebrew or sys module or whatever. The funny thing is i had the same issue and it turned out to be reversnx the latest version uninstalling it fixed my blackscreen on game boot.

Last edited by worm28,

Kagami-san

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.These-Internets.com
XP
Country
United States
Hmm ... so you're basically saying I have to redo the entire thing (software wise) which was, at the time, a large reason that I paid so much money for the modded one since I didn't feel like dealing with it again after already having modded my older model Switch.,

Any another ideas? It just hangs when I boot to EMUMMC but only after I click on an icon or a menu item. I thought it was a sig patch issue... but I think I tried fixing that already....

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hmm ... so you're basically saying I have to redo the entire thing (software wise) which was, at the time, a large reason that I paid so much money for the modded one since I didn't feel like dealing with it again after already having modded my older model Switch.,

Any another ideas? It just hangs when I boot to EMUMMC but only after I click on an icon or a menu item. I thought it was a sig patch issue... but I think I tried fixing that already....
This is the kind of thing you will have to deal with with a modded console, getting someone else to mod it or buying it premodded doesn't save you much effort in the long run.

Try deleting SD:\atmosphere\contents, that's the first thing to try whenever there are issues after updating.

Reactions: Lumpofcoal

Kagami-san

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.These-Internets.com
XP
Country
United States
True "The Real Jdbye" ... I've just had a lot going on in my life lately (probably worse than you could imagine,) and haven't been able to function the past couple of months until recently. I did get it updated twice but I assume it broke when the sigpatches came out ....although replacing did not seem to fix at all.
Post automatically merged:

Just in case ... maybe one more bump just in case, to see if anyone is aware of this exact issue where it only freezes after update on the EMMC (whatever) side of things after clicking either a game icon or menu item icon (or "app?" icon maybe...)
I thought this was an issue I had before when I didn't update the sig patches properly one time long ago but I could be mistaken an d I tried twice to fix the sig patches.

Oh and for some reason (I may be wrong,) but I think a long time ago there's a chance I could have had this same issue you had... not that it matters, really.

"The funny thing is i had the same issue and it turned out to be reversnx the latest version"

Last edited by Kagami-san,

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Overwriting atmosphere directory is never a good idea unless you know what you are doing, it's like you don't wash the pot ever and just use it to cook and got into trouble eventually. There are some cook that never wash the pot and they know what they are doing so it is fine for them.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Overwriting atmosphere directory is never a good idea unless you know what you are doing, it's like you don't wash the pot ever and just use it to cook and got into trouble eventually. There are some cook that never wash the pot and they know what they are doing so it is fine for them.
It is actually not recommended to delete the Atmosphere directory because that contains the configs which DNS redirection and PRODINFO blanking depend on (although PRODINFO blanking seems to not really be a thing anymore)
Deleting exefs_patches, kip_patches and contents from SD:\atmosphere (before updating sig patches) is good enough to clear any left over files.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is actually not recommended to delete the Atmosphere directory because that contains the configs which DNS redirection and PRODINFO blanking depend on (although PRODINFO blanking seems to not really be a thing anymore)
Deleting exefs_patches, kip_patches and contents from SD:\atmosphere (before updating sig patches) is good enough to clear any left over files.
OP is from someone who is using a pre-made package. Your comment is probably not enough details for the person. Deleting and follow whatever guide that works is the way to go. By the way PRODINFO blanking is bad for you since HOS17

Last edited by TomSwitch,

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
By the way PRODINFO blanking is bad for you since HOS17
No it is not. As long as you also use DNSmitm it still works fine

True "The Real Jdbye" ... I've just had a lot going on in my life lately (probably worse than you could imagine,) and haven't been able to function the past couple of months until recently. I did get it updated twice but I assume it broke when the sigpatches came out ....although replacing did not seem to fix at all.

Just in case ... maybe one more bump just in case, to see if anyone is aware of this exact issue where it only freezes after update on the EMMC (whatever) side of things after clicking either a game icon or menu item icon (or "app?" icon maybe...)
I thought this was an issue I had before when I didn't update the sig patches properly one time long ago but I could be mistaken an d I tried twice to fix the sig patches.

Oh and for some reason (I may be wrong,) but I think a long time ago there's a chance I could have had this same issue you had... not that it matters, really.

"The funny thing is i had the same issue and it turned out to be reversnx the latest version"
2 persons recommended you to delete or rename the folder sd:\atmosphere\content bit it seems you ignored that. Or at least you didn't post whether that helped or not. Try that before.asking for further help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...