Gaming What are you playing on your GBA?

dTanMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think it's nerdy. Final Fantasy is still Final Fantasy!

i'm playing sims bustin' out. Replaying old games.
gbasp.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
Riviera - The Promised Land

Best GBA exclusive game ever. Seriously.
You do realize that Riviera was released on both Wonderswan Color (two years before the GBA version) and the PSP (three years after the GBA version) don't you? It's not an exclusive. I believe the WSC and GBA version were identical in terms of graphics, but the GBA version had better sound quality and voice clips. PSP version had even better sound quality and maybe full voice acting (i forget). Plus the graphics were higher quality.

Personally been getting into Mother 3. Still play some Golden Sun, hope to beat those again before the DS version comes out. Always a fan of Mario & Luigi too. Technically i don't have a GBA, but VBA-M is perfectly up to the job here (nice graphics and sound filters to boot). With a decent gamepad and fullscreen, i don't feel like i'm missing much at all.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Todderbert said:
xeronut said:
I just finished Summon Night: Swordcraft Story early this morning on the iPlayer. I'll probably work on the second game next. I've been poring over my ROMset for more ideas, and this thread gave me some good ones. Thanks!
Here's a cool link to check out.
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/2007/05/bes...-gba-games.html

thanks for the link, and oo, Sigma Star Saga, i remember playing it once and forgetting all about it, thanks to the list for reminding me about that game.

stuffnflufff

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just playing my new Copy of Metroid Fusion on my Game Boy Micro. My favourite Metroid game by far. Cant wait for my EZ Flash to arrive, so i can play Golden Sun 1 and 2 again, and FF1&2 (possibly 5 as well, i really liked that one). Oh and Sword of Mana...legit game right there that i never found many people played. And I dunno about you guys but I didnt like Pokemon R/S/E at all. Found the pokemon really weird and didnt look like pokemon to me. My favourites were R/B/Y and S/G/C. Classics. Didnt mind the DS games either. Picking up my copy of SS today
biggrin.gif

zero1221

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mother 3

Just finished the first chapter and so far it's great. Not nearly as good as Mother 2 (or Earthbound as it is known the US), but
still the charm is there.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is late but to add my 2 cents..

Gandev said:
Recently completed Castlevania:circle of the moon and boy this one hooked me on the Castlevania series.Wonderful game - enjoyed every aspect of it.Now I'm going to start playing Bomberman tournament - RPG game based on bomberman sounds intriguing for me
smile.gif

Is very clunky compared to the other GBA and DS CVs. I had to suffer it out though to complete all of them...

QUOTE(CrimsoniteX @ Oct 1 2009, 06:48 AM) Playing Golden Sun. I can't believe I have never played this game until now... xD

Great game. I loved the moments of puzzle solving with the psy energy and it made me like turn based RPGs.

To add to the list (sorry for dupes):
All Mario remakes, all Zelda games, all Kirby games, all Sonic games, both Metroid games, Advance Wars, GTA Advance, all Donkey Kong games, Ninja Five-0, Mario & Luigi, Children of Mana, Mario vs Donkey Kong, both Klonoa games, Wario-ware games, Yoshi Topsy Turvy, Magical Quest games, Tony Hawks games, Dave Mirra games...

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Playing through Golden Sun for the gazillionth time.

I've played so many other JRPGs hoping they'd measure up to Golden Sun, and they never even come close. The two GSs are the best JRPGs on any console ever.

stuffnflufff

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
regnad said:

I've played so many other JRPGs hoping they'd measure up to Golden Sun, and they never even come close. The two GSs are the best JRPGs on any console ever.

Ya man. This happened to me to. Also, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time on the PS2. Dont know why, but the game absolutely rocked. where as the GS's have no match portably. They are simply Golden (no pun intended). [ok maybe it was intended]
tongue.gif

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Playing the ever-loving hell out of Final Fantasy V Advance. Maybe it's because I'm older now, but I feel more capable of committing to the game this time out. Fun but very complex lil RPG.

grape_garden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Golden Sun: The Lost Age, Super Mario World and Pokemon Ruby.

regnad said:

Play the recent DS remake of Dragon Quest V. You'll find a lot of what you like about Golden Sun in there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess all the food in my fridge can knock out a cow or two
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I should visit Florida again, miss the alligator barbecues
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +2
    lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 oh i bet some rum raisin ice cream is so good

i don't drink, but some rum ice cream might be good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rum pecan ice cream is the bomb. Never had rum raisin, but bet be good. My homemade ice cream machine started rust inside so I pitched it, but gotta get a new one, miss making my own ice cream, esp with booze.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Rum pecan ice cream is the bomb. Never had rum raisin, but bet be good. My homemade ice cream...