Hacking What do you think of Ds-x?

What do you think of Ds-x?

• I love my Ds-x, I don't care what people say I'm sticking to it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's ok, I don't mind patching my roms, things will get better.

• I'm not impress, I expect better service and support.

• I hate it, I got screwed and I hope they burn in hell.

• Total voters

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
thegame07 said:
You can still sign up, I just did it. I can make an account for you if you want.

Sup the Game?

Whats your status over at the official forums these days man? Are you still moderating? Any new news from the team or anything?

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JPH said:
Been voted on before
wink.gif

The DS-X sucks because they have a lot of compatability problems, crashes, and aren't supported by the team anymore.

Save your money fellers - and by an R4, M3, or G6 slot 1 solution.

Nicely put, Yet i believe the DS-X Could have been better if the group who made it actually continued with it, its a shame really

MrSpud

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
thegame07 said:
[I quit awhile back.

No you didn't, you still hand around there, still cover-up for the non-existent team, still take a giant dump on the little guy while claiming is perfectly normal to screw the customers with lies.

This is what you said:

thegame07[When you buy a device like this it's a risk whether the team will last or not, It's the same with all other non official Nintendo devices. I would suggest you stay away from devices like this in the future if you can't handle it not working out as it does happen quite often. Also may I ask what you can "sue" for? If your talking about getting replacements from faulty units it's your retailers who's responsible for that by law and If your talking about using illegal software well let me just say good luck trying to sue someone because of that in a court of law.

Yep, it's pretty obvious what side you are on, not buying a DS-x is the answer to our problem? How arrogant! Why are you defending cowards that ran because of fear of getting sued? It does happen quite often? My cyclods is working fine and it has for quite a while now.I have a dead Ds-x and my retailer laugh at me when I email him to get a replacement, do you know a way to get it fixed? What would you do? Do I have any options?

My dead cart can't be fixed, the retailer can't help me, the former DS-x team can't help me, recovery tool can't help me. You know just like I do that nothing can be done to fix the problem, saying this is just common pratice is another slap in the face from yet another mod who thinks the team is not responsible for the mess they left behind. If you know how to get a defective DS-x replaced, then let us know, otherwise STFU
hate2.gif

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
He dosent sound like hes defending the team to me, like it or not everything the game said is true you know. Who are they going to sue and why? A court isnt going to have much sympathy for a bunch of pirates are they? You also failed to quote the end of what he was saying.

QUOTE said:
Well I hope that helps you out from future "Homebrew investments" and before you say I'm only saying that because I'm a mod I paid for my ds-xtreme like you did.

We are all in the same boat here at the end of the day, we all have a useless, broken flashcart that we wasted money on, the games a nice guy and if he had the power to get peoples DS-X's replaced or get them a refund Im sure he would.

When you buy an unofficial aid to piracy and it fails, or you get ripped off, you cant cry about it forever. Your stealing from games companies didnt work out, arent you a victim, you poor thing boohoo!

yaypsp.gif

MrSpud

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Right, I forgot to mention that they used to fix dead carts until they decided to change their policy, you know after they dissapeared, so the few people that sent their cart to the Ds-x team got screwed when they announced that they will no longer service them. So I'm guessing that somewhere out there is a box of dead Ds-x carts that never got returned.

And that's why some people want to sue them, their cart were stolen as far as I'm concerned. And BTW, they never announced that they stopped servicing dead carts. someone had to step up and make an announcement when people where wondering where the team was and why they are not returning their products.

There's a difference between suing a company because they are "shit" and suing a company that is not fullfilling their part of the contract by not servicing AND not returning the product in question, that is just stealing. they are the ones who are victims and saying "poor thing boo hoo" is not going to help them. Make fun of the haters if you want, I'll be here to get the facts right.

wireles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't want to throw oil on the fire, but its my opinion that all the money you lost on this card is nothing compared to the joy you got from it; meaning all games you played on it.

MrSpud

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
wireles said:
I don't want to throw oil on the fire, but its my opinion that all the money you lost on this card is nothing compared to the joy you got from it; meaning all games you played on it.
Ah yes, like the joy of losing my 63 hours Puzzle Quest savegame due to corruption, nothing quite like it.
But like you said, all the games (and savegames) that I enjoyed, yep, all gone and corrupted. Nothing compared to the "joy" I got from it.
Also I live in the real world, 140$ is not "nothing" for me, my expectations are not as low as yours.

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
180 bad votes against 30 good.

Thats 83% of the voters thinks it sucks. And with good reason.

DS-X's downfall was when they introduced their 2GB model for $120, and they all shipped defective. When you got your defective DS-X, you were expected to wrestle arounds for 2-3 weeks with shitty customer support to get it to actually work, which should have been working in the 1st place. And if you couldn't get it working, you had to ship it back, and some companies never made good on their promises and kept your $120 and your Shitty DS-Xtreme. And the firmware updates were fucking insane. This was right when phantom Hourglass came out/ Rom numbers were low 1000's. While every competing flashcart had the zelda/save fix within a week, DS-Xtreme didn't have an update for it, which even added more fuel to the fire.

Not to mention it was a shitty competitor. Did it have Real Time Saving? No. Built in Cheat system? No. Slow down game FPS? No. In Game Text Reader? No. Support 2Gb saves? No. Auto Anti-piracy fix? No. Slot 2 GBA support? No. Customizable XMl? No. Easy skinnable GUI? No. Frequent updates and game fixes? No. Annoying flashing LED's that waste battery when turned on. Yes.

You think with the saying "You get what you paid for" spending $120 on a cart would get you something that the competition can't beat... Too bad its the opposite. It was the absolute worse investment of my life. I've never regretted $120 more.

As for me, I was one of the lucky many who got a broke DS-Xtreme and told to send it back for a refund only to find that they didn't fix it nor give me my money back. Which including the shipping costs and taxes turned out to be $143.74. I could have bought a new DS Lite :/

MysticX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I have nothing to complain about the cart since it has been working for me since I got it. I think it was the 2nd stock or something so I might be one of the lucky ones.

But, for me, the SUPPORT really killed them for me. So, when I decided to get a DS for myself, I chose something else.

BTW does anyone know if they made another flash cart? Because I will never buy from these people again.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SgtThom said:
You should have just created a thread instead of bumping an old topic.
mad.gif
Wasn't a major bump (although the last post was in 2009...)

Sometimes bumping can be preferable to a duplicate topic (plus it's only really a bump if the post was pointless)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    the author has the final aproval
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Canada: America's Russia