ROM Hack What Ever Happened to the A.S.H. Translation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeltaBladeX

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
They have the right to distribute what work they did in a format that doesn't include the copyrighted work of others, say as a text translation guide or a translation patch. So, they have full rights to get POed at someone distributing their work when they don't want it to be, for example a incomplete patch. Just because its been discontinued doesn't mean the few who have a copy should go against the wishes and rights of the person who did the work. You want it so bad, try requesting the creator or learn Japanese yourself.

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
well im learning japanese , but not for this or any other games on nds or other console , i do it cause there are a lot of awesome traditional rpgs in japan like sword world 2.0 , double cross and magicologia .

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
DeltaBladeX said:
They have the right to distribute what work they did in a format that doesn't include the copyrighted work of others, say as a text translation guide or a translation patch. So, they have full rights to get POed at someone distributing their work when they don't want it to be, for example a incomplete patch. Just because its been discontinued doesn't mean the few who have a copy should go against the wishes and rights of the person who did the work. You want it so bad, try requesting the creator or learn Japanese yourself.

very right indeed! cept the work was done with a team and they all should have a beef and discuss about the future of their thing
we are just outsiders here wondering is it absolutely dead or not
ohmy.gif

i personnally think a release, even flawed as is, is better than vanish to oblivion.. another team could take over and finish it giving proper credits

as much i care, i could try and play this game with a gamefaq and still enjoy it but it would be nice to see this have the compeltion it deserve, with all their hard work not thrown to.. ashes :s

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
koimayeul said:
very right indeed! cept the work was done with a team and they all should have a beef and discuss about the future of their thing
ohmy.gif

i personnally think a release, even flawed as is, is better than vanish to oblivion.. another team could take over and finish it giving proper credits

as much i care, i could try and play this game with a gamefaq and still enjoy it but it would be nice to see this have the compeltion it deserve, with all their hard work not thrown to.. ashes :s

You can't just take someone else's work without their permission. Not only does that make you a total douche but you'd get flamed like no tomorrow for being that total douche. Sure, you'd get some thank yous here and there, but that's not worth the trolling and flaming.

You could scream to high heavens how "entitled" you are to the patch, but that doesn't make it one bit true, because you aren't entitled to anything. I don't believe psycoblaster asked for donations, so really, no one is entitled to anything here. Until someone else starts their own translation of the game or you learn Japanese, respect that it's psycoblaster's patch.

I agree with DeltaBlade 100%.

DeltaBladeX

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
koimayeul said:
ohmy.gif

Well, considering these other team members haven't gone around giving the patch to others against the wishes of psycoblaster, I'm guessing they agree with her. And while you may say another team might work on it, that isn't your intention. You just want to play it. If some other team wants to continue, they can always get in contact with her.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
phoenixgoddess27 said:
koimayeul said:
ohmy.gif

You can't just take someone else's work without their permission. Not only does that make you a total douche but you'd get flamed like no tomorrow for being that total douche. Sure, you'd get some thank yous here and there, but that's not worth the trolling and flaming.

You could scream to high heavens how "entitled" you are to the patch, but that doesn't make it one bit true, because you aren't entitled to anything. I don't believe psycoblaster asked for donations, so really, no one is entitled to anything here. Until someone else starts their own translation of the game or you learn Japanese, respect that it's psycoblaster's patch.

I agree with DeltaBlade 100%.

Yes that is why it's only up to them (their translation team) to see what to do about it, either the definite closing of the project or its rise and completion

As i said, the work was done with a team and they all should have a beef and discuss about the future of their thing.. now its up to any and each of their team member to voice their opinion if they will and see with psycoblaster alltogether whether their translation to be finished and valued.. or it being just left unknown and forgotten

How someone, anyone would prefere their work to be left unfinished and forgotten rather than complete and get over with!? be it for self satisfaction or any other plan like hoping to get scoped by pro translation teams or whatever, no one in their right mind like to give up on their projects if not forced to.. it's common sense

Again, up to them to decide what to do or not, only in a perfect world it would be nice to see this sorted and not left undone, because of their long work
like parents (their team) finally see their baby born, growing well and standing proud.. not killed in the process
biggrin.gif

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
DeltaBladeX said:
koimayeul said:
ohmy.gif

Well, considering these other team members haven't gone around giving the patch to others against the wishes of psycoblaster, I'm guessing they agree with her. And while you may say another team might work on it, that isn't your intention. You just want to play it. If some other team wants to continue, they can always get in contact with her.

i stated already for all i care i can use gamefaqs and look on my pc screen online walkrtough and translation while playing this on my Ds, i not seek my interest in my logic but theirs

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
koimayeul said:
How someone, anyone would prefere their work to be left unfinished and forgotten rather than complete and get over with!? be it for self satisfaction or any other plan like hoping to get scoped by pro translation teams or whatever, no one in their right mind like to give up on their projects if not forced to.. it's common sense

Maybe it's because people don't deserve it? Since the patch entered beta testing there's been nothing but bitching and moaning. Beta testing requires a lot of time (both in development and from the people involved). Of course people are retarded and think that it'd be done in a month. All they did is bitch and moan, bitch and moan, then bitch and moan some more. I don't think I would want my work to be finished and released to a group of ungrateful bastards who are willing to basically throw eggs at you until you release something they want for free. Of course when you do, they'll suddenly have a change of heart and praise you to high heavens.

Of course it's psycho's work so everything relating to it is in his/her hands.

EDIT: Also, lol@not thinking psycho is already a "pro translation team". I don't know many translators, team or solo, who translate an ENTIRE FUCKING GAME (yes, ASH was/is completely translated).

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Guild McCommunist said:
koimayeul said:

Maybe it's because people don't deserve it? Since the patch entered beta testing there's been nothing but bitching and moaning. Beta testing requires a lot of time (both in development and from the people involved). Of course people are retarded and think that it'd be done in a month. All they did is bitch and moan, bitch and moan, then bitch and moan some more. I don't think I would want my work to be finished and released to a group of ungrateful bastards who are willing to basically throw eggs at you until you release something they want for free. Of course when you do, they'll suddenly have a change of heart and praise you to high heavens.

Of course it's psycho's work so everything relating to it is in his/her hands.

exaclty.. nowadays most people not have any patience and are spoiled, ungrateful whiners.. even about free stuff.. especially about it strangely and sadly

EDIT: Also, lol@not thinking psycho is already a "pro translation team". quote

thats all the bad i wish him/her!
biggrin.gif

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Too bad we'll probably never see the translation... I understand many parties here too.
I understand the team not wanting to release it after all this. and I understand all the silent bystanders (like myself) who hasn't complained one single bit, who has been waiting patiently and even cheering the team on, who feel like they are being punished for something someone else has done.
Surely, we can't "demand" anything, but when it IS fully translated, and beta testing going on, and people go around "i have it, but I won't share it, and you will NEVER have it lololol", I can't help feel a little dissapointed.

Oh well, I wish I had the "skills" and software to translate games. Unfortunately, the game I want to translate probably doesn't have the text stored as text or something... I don't know... I followed a few tutorials and guides, but never got around finding the actual text to translate...
frown.gif

DeltaBladeX

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
koimayeul said:
i stated already for all i care i can use gamefaqs and look on my pc screen online walkrtough and translation while playing this on my Ds, i not seek my interest in my logic but theirs

And like I said, if those people wishing to translate it themselves wish to do so, they don't need the patch released for every ******** who was rude to someone willing to do work so they could enjoy a game. This nonexistent group you keep using as your reason the patch should be released to everyone against the wishes of the creator would be better off getting in contact with her no matter what. Even if she was unwilling to let them use her work (though they wouldn't be much of a team if all they could do was fine tune a nearly finished patch), she may be at least willing to tell them of problems she came across doing her patch and ways to avoid them.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
DeltaBladeX said:
koimayeul said:

This nonexistent group you keep using as your reason the patch should be released to everyone against the wishes of the creator would be better off getting in contact with her no matter what.

Read again if you please and don't put words in my mouth such as "go on and release whatever you got without the creator approval or acknowledgment". Thank you! :/

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
I don't have the patch, please stop sending me Personal Messages. Even if I had it I wouldn't share it with you guys. Honestly, most of you don't really deserve it.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So there are freezing issues with the patch? Does not want.
Also, I remember she had a team of 20 testers but around half of them didn't do anything (they just took the patch and ran). Sad how things turned out.

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The freezing issues were fixed, and the beta testing completed. All that was needed was some final grammar fixes. My copy works perfectly apart from those grammar mistakes. I'm still willing to contact and ask psyco if i can release the patch if anyone can provide some way of getting ahold of her.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
HaniKazmi said:
The freezing issues were fixed, and the beta testing completed. All that was needed was some final grammar fixes. My copy works perfectly apart from those grammar mistakes. I'm still willing to contact and ask psyco if i can release the patch if anyone can provide some way of getting ahold of her.
And the leaked version was this one, with the freezing issues fixed? Since it supposedly stopped sometime after the leak, it should be the final version, right?

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fel said:
HaniKazmi said:
And the leaked version was this one, with the freezing issues fixed? Since it supposedly stopped sometime after the leak, it should be the final version, right?
No, the leaked one was a much older version, before it was fully translated.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Clydefrosch said:
i always wondered, if translators would have any actual rights on their work besides some kind of moral right since they had the work
this kind of thinking is what i'm afraid of, mostly. people trying to find loopholes, saying "what if". next thing you know, they're justifying how their wants weigh more than moral right. then they'll come to the conclusion that, "hey, it's not like they REALLY own it. we have as much right to that as they do, probably even MORE."

what if they didn't have actual rights? would you rip it off their hands? would you forcibly take it, with or without consent? sounds like you would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.coca-cola.com/xe/en/media-center/wozzaah-launch