Hacking What IOS versions is cioscorp based on?

piratesmack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ohmy.gif

batwings21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3.2 was popular and current when cioscorps was made. Probably the ios's that came in 3.2, patched with the dip module from the original working backup loader cIOS rev8 i believe.

piratesmack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, wolffangalchemist and Det1re, but that's not what I meant.
Sorry for not explaining better.

Example:
Maybe CIOS30.wad is based on IOS30 v1040, CIOS36.wad is based on IOS36 v1042, etc...

batwings21 said:
3.2 was popular and current when cioscorps was made. Probably the ios's that came in 3.2, patched with the dip module from the original working backup loader cIOS rev8 i believe.

Thanks

killajackson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've heard from reliable sources at another forum that they are based on the trucha enabled IOS files. People don't seem to get that cIOS 36 from cIOScorps installs to IOS 36's spot and Wan's cIOS 36 installs to IOS 249. Although the cIOS 36 in the pack was another IOS or another version or something and they changed it and because of that, that's why the scan for Hackmii .2 installer won't let those people install the apps. If you install a normal trucha IOS 36, then use Hackmii, you can then reinstall the cIOS 36 from cIOScorps.

andrewhan4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
CIOSCorp V2 was:

IOS60 v6174
IOS55 v4633
IOS53 v4113
IOS38 v3609
IOS37 v2070
IOS36 v1042
IOS35 v1040
IOS34 v1039
IOS33 v1040
IOS31 v1040
IOS30 v1040
IOS28 v1288
IOS22 v7
IOS20 v7
IOS17 v7
IOS15 v7
IOS14 v7
IOS13 v7
IOS12 v7
IOS11 v7
IOS21 v7

IOS's 28 and above had the rev8 dip patch inserted into the wad, this didn't work for IOS's below 28 so they just installed Waninkokos IOS 36 rev7 into the 9-22 IOS slots rather than in IOS 249 - hence the v7 for all IOS's 22 and below. Whoever created V2 didn't update the IOS's 22 and below to rev8, either they didn't know how to do it or they just didn't see the need to do it

I believe CIOSCorp v1 used similer version IOS's except it used the rev7 dip patch in all IOS's

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v2 had rev8 in all IOS's were v1 had rev7 i didn't change the version number in the TMD for v2 in the lower IOS's hence why it still says v7 but it still contains rev8, Also Cioscorpv2 was a mistake even making it, cause the rev8 dip caused problems for games through the disc channel.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kyle007 said:
so i assume that means no cioscorp with rev12 gonna be made? lol

Sure you could make it yourself, its easy to do, I myself just can't support it anymore, I've been blamed for to many bricks

edit: But i must ask Why do you really want it, its pretty useless to me, Whats wrong with just using the usb loader, Cioscorp was mainly made for when we only had the backup loader

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't exactly remember where but i was reading about it before wouldn't i need a rev12 wad? maybe we can talk about it in pm's or if your in an irc channel thatd be good too. i just thought about it to get a rev12 wad to use i could just install rev12 and then extract my ios's correct?

piratesmack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, everyone.

WiiBlaster said:
Also Cioscorpv2 was a mistake even making it, cause the rev8 dip caused problems for games through the disc channel.

Does it cause problems with official games, too?
Or just backups?

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kyle007 said:
i don't exactly remember where but i was reading about it before wouldn't i need a rev12 wad? maybe we can talk about it in pm's or if your in an irc channel thatd be good too

Go talk to softmii, See what they are doing, Cause like i said, I wont help you. really sorry but most if not all the info you need is some were here on Gbatemp

piratesmack said:
Thanks, everyone.

QUOTE(WiiBlaster @ Jun 1 2009, 11:39 AM) Also Cioscorpv2 was a mistake even making it, cause the rev8 dip caused problems for games through the disc channel.

Does it cause problems with official games, too?
Or just backups?

Backups mainly i think, 002Errors and other stuff like that, didn't really help things, the rev8 works perfectly using it in the backup Loader just not using it under the disc channel for some reason

piratesmack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBlaster said:
Backups mainly i think, 002Errors and other stuff like that, didn't really help things, the rev8 works perfectly using it in the backup Loader just not using it under the disc channel for some reason

OK thanks, WiiBlaster

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I read somewhere that some games (legit or backups) didn't read at all, not the banner at the disc channel, nor loading the game at all, that was what was wrong with v2, and the lower IOSes are actually the IOS33 DIP patched and installed in those slots
laugh.gif
, remember WiiBlaster..??

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well could you maybe gimme a link to where it was discussed? i remember reading it abit ago and it was something about replacing one of the .app files from the cios wad and replacing all the other of the same app files with it.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
I read somewhere that some games (legit or backups) didn't read at all, not the banner at the disc channel, nor loading the game at all, that was what was wrong with v2, and the lower IOSes are actually the IOS33 DIP patched and installed in those slots
laugh.gif
, remember WiiBlaster..??

Doesn't really matter, v1 worked better than v2, but anyways, this is just one of those mods i really wished i had nothing to do with. and anyways softmii should be coming with a better solution than cioscorp.

killajackson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok looks like I had/have little knowledge on cIOScorp and my source may be totally wrong. Well they may be the trucha versions, but I didn't realize that rev 8 was used in all of them. Cool stuff. Does there need to be one with rev 12 built in? I mean you can have cIOScorps and rev 12 at the same time if I'm not mistaken as cIOS rev 12 installs to IOS 249 and I believe cIOScorps installs over your real IOS slots.

Edit: My cIOScorp v2 works perfectly so far...no troubles at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==