Hacking "What is a legit cia?" (and other noob CIA questions ANSWERED)

s1nharvest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, Noob here just had a few questions.

I'm using RXtools emunand and its linked to my sysnand. I downloaded an Eshop title to my emunand (majoras mask). The title is greyed out in the system software under data management on my sysnand. Is the only way to get the title to install on my sysnand, is to create a .cia with funkycia2 creating a .cia that has a sig key that works on my system, then installing the .cia with a .cia installer? I tried using FBI with ninjhax and it doesn't have the correct permissions to accomplish this.

Will I be able to fix this via rxtools tickets.db injection with the next update or is my only hope to fix this is to use pbt-cfw and install it via .cia? Or maybe one day Rxtools will allow us to install our own .cia games with update?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Hello, Noob here just had a few questions.

I'm using RXtools emunand and its linked to my sysnand. I downloaded an Eshop title to my emunand (majoras mask). The title is greyed out in the system software under data management on my sysnand. Is the only way to get the title to install on my sysnand, is to create a .cia with funkycia2 creating a .cia that has a sig key that works on my system, then installing the .cia with a .cia installer? I tried using FBI with ninjhax and it doesn't have the correct permissions to accomplish this.

Will I be able to fix this via rxtools tickets.db injection with the next update or is my only hope to fix this is to use pbt-cfw and install it via .cia? Or maybe one day Rxtools will allow us to install our own .cia games with update?

hi noob, nice to meet you.
yes, you do not have the ticket on sysnand, because the game was bought on emunand.
you can use rxtools to dump your emunand ticket.db and inject it to sysnand. it will work :) -- although as you say you might need to wait for the rxtools update if this functionality is not implemented/perfect yet

Kenneth196

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gonna go ahead and ask this... can a legit .cia be installed via BBM to emunand (basically, is there a difference between a legit .cia and a regular .cia)? Hope that makes sense

genericuser

Trophies
XP
Country
Can I extract my eshop games from my o3ds and inject them into my n3ds (presumably as CIAs)?
The reason I ask is I cannot do system transfer because I don't have a hardmod and I cannot find these games elsewhere.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Gonna go ahead and ask this... can a legit .cia be installed via BBM to emunand (basically, is there a difference between a legit .cia and a regular .cia)? Hope that makes sense
sure, although why install a legit cia to emunand? if you can run devmenu in emunand you don't need to worry about the signature checks

Can I extract my eshop games from my o3ds and inject them into my n3ds (presumably as CIAs)?
The reason I ask is I cannot do system transfer because I don't have a hardmod and I cannot find these games elsewhere.

yes but they will not be legit and work in sysnand, they will just be like you pirated them

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
How do I dump ticket.db with rxtools? Is there a guide? I have rxtools working, but idk what to do next.
it's there, if you looked in all the menus/options in rxtools you would find it in less time as it did to post a message here... :)
go to like, dump file, nand files, tickets, something like that... i forget exactly.
i don't have a problem with helping, but if you have rxtools already set up, it's hardly that vast that you couldn't find it yourself :(

genericuser

Trophies
XP
Country
it's there, if you looked in all the menus/options in rxtools you would find it in less time as it did to post a message here... :)
go to like, dump file, nand files, tickets, something like that... i forget exactly.
i don't have a problem with helping, but if you have rxtools already set up, it's hardly that vast that you couldn't find it yourself :(

I did look at the menus. It turns out I needed to dig deeper (in submenu).

Agent Moose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I read somewhere that I could install a Super Smash Brothers update from my linked emunand and it would work on sysnand. That is not the case though.

Am I able to use funkycia to create a CIA of said update from my emunand ticket.db and install that update on my sysnand?
Or would I have to wait until the ticket.db transfer for rxtools works?

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you can use rxtools to dump your emunand ticket.db and inject it to sysnand. it will work :) -- although as you say you might need to wait for the rxtools update if this functionality is not implemented/perfect yet
Injecting into sysnand isn't working in rxTools yet. Should be in next update though.

I guess you could, but I would not attempt it on sysnand, and would have an emunand backup ready, just in case
They would also need to update the home menu or they would have no way to launch the settings. (kind of like installing the mSD Transfer tool on an O3DS)
Updating the home menu to 9.6's is not a good idea though.

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Alright thanks for the reply, and I know people have deleted health and safety app face raiders AR games from sysNAND would I get any complications if I deleted download play?

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright thanks for the reply, and I know people have deleted health and safety app face raiders AR games from sysNAND would I get any complications if I deleted download play?
Can't say for sure but I would assume that removing it would cause issues down the road. It isn't like the other apps that are pretty much standalone.

DestinySky

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Can I just install legal cia using gateway classic mode with bbm into 4.5 sysnand, then update the 3ds, does the cia still work in sysnand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/Rx-KuevU4h4?si=1MoSvL-y5fFFHf58 Damn kinda sad for Iran