Hacking What is diff between cIOS and cMIOS?

TrickyTony

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry guys, search failed me. I am trying to give myself a better understanding of what I am using. Just a real basic question I couldn't figure out what is the difference between cIOS and cMIOS? Is the MIOS a Gamecube thing? Also I am "doing up" one of my friend's Wiis and I cant figure out which cMIOS installer to use Wiigator or Waninkoko's. I used Waninkoko's on mine but I never even upgraded my GC Backuplauncher to 0.2, so that is one part of Wii I am behind on. Thanks for healing my ignorance with knowledge!

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i'm drunk sorry, but this is the best i can answer...

cIOS is custom IOS, used on wii, cIOS is often IOS249 which alot of homebrew apps use to operate.
however there are variations such as cIOSCORP which is patched IOS (all the original wi ones) which overwrite original IOS when installed allowing you to launch backup games through the disc channel.
and then there are thngs like IOS 222 which is a custom IOS which gives you USB 2.0 Support

so cIOS is IOS that allow us to do stuff nintendo didnt originally allow us to do

mios is gamecube stuff. use mios Xi installer for the latest backup gamecube loading. it can be found in the downloads section here on GBAtemp i believe.

if i'm wrong then someone correct XD i'd know if i wasnt in this state
tongue.gif

TrickyTony

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha ok word up. it is mostly as i thought, just wanted to not be doing all this blindly... glad people are even willing to help while drunk around here. thanks!

rAiN mAn 2o0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just don't get drunk and start complaining about stupid people... (or making fun of geeky perverts who draw their own hentai and use it as their sig/avatar... evidently there are a lot of you sick fuckers out there!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @btei, i just woke up