Homebrew What is happening on Switch Homebrew right now (For non programmers)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well depends on what do you mean by hacked. To get "really" hacked it took over 2 and half? year?
Yeah, not like "Oh we have v wii homebrew browser on there in like less than a week" but more like "We have homebrew for wii u " on their or know all the ins and outs of how it works and functions and how to manipulate and do things programmers want.

Reactions: DarkIrata

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Eh, the Wii U was hacked in less than a month :P

Well that was thanks to the browser and its HTML5 support. Probably the reason why it was so easy to exploit. The Switch on the other hand doesn't really have one. Not publicly anyway. But now that the browser was patched to block HTML5, it seems they have a different exploit since they said it will still work on the latest update.

D

Deleted User

There is a slight catch. What firm is he on. For all we know he could still be on 2.3. And a handful of users have moved to 3.0. where it could of been patched.
Nope, a lot of the work is being done on Switches with 3.0 (but mostly using CagetheUnicorn rather than real hardware). 3.0 is still good to go is the general consensus.
According to Switchbrew, the console sends reports back to Nintendo about which applications are being launched. This is similar to the detection technique used in the recent 3DS mass-ban of homebrew users. If homebrew were to be released for the Switch, it looks like they'll need to mask the application ID of homebrew apps in order to avoid another ban wave. Either that, or find a way to block this service entirely.
If we have homebrew, then disallowing a service is a cakewalk in comparison. Not really an issue.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well that was thanks to the browser and its HTML5 support. Probably the reason why it was so easy to exploit. The Switch on the other hand doesn't really have one. Not publicly anyway. But now that the browser was patched to block HTML5, it seems they have a different exploit since they said it will still work on the latest update.
Same thing with the Switch, it's just using a more up to date browser version. They patched the original exploit used, not that it helps since there are a million others. That's just how browsers are if you don't keep them up to date, and no console has an up to date browser, they do the bare minimum to patch exploits after the fact (which is why in both the case of Wii U and Switch, they had outdated exploits that still worked, which they would have patched a long time ago if they had bothered to keep the browsers up to date with the latest upstream)
As long as browsers exist on consoles there will always be exploits, unless they start using a system like Android or iOS where the browser is an external application and the developers can update them as often as they want. Even then there will be exploits, they'll just be patched before they're made use of most of the time, or they'll be patched within days at least.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Morning