Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDuck1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Seriously, why are people so obsessed with these shops? Just use torrents and in that way you are helping the community by seeding them, instead of relying on some random shops that may get shut down any minute by nintendo.

Also, I ditched all shops last year due to all the drama and started my own on my NAS:
Did the same some weeks ago, but the only one i got to working well was one over docker called
"a1ex4/ownfoil"

guess i need to look into jdownloader2 since im doing everything by hand, but I have gotten kind of addicted with adding game to it lately.
IMG_2107.jpg

Post automatically merged:

They stopped accepting eshop cards like more than a year ago? Now they are re-accepting it?
I think it all the shops are going to get way harder to get into now since google is cracking down on abuse they did to get free hosting of their files. While it's had only been Teknik that has been transparent about this im still 99% sure that all the reason why Pixel shop is closing their doors and removing alot of people are because of this too.

There seems to be alot of chaos right now behind the scenes for the shops to get their files to a other hosting services and they seems to be closing ranks now, but this is just me guessing.

Last edited by TheDuck1234,
Reactions: Kioku

Arrrchitects

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it all the shops are going to get way harder to get into now since google is cracking down on abuse they did to get free hosting of their files. While it's had only been Teknik that has been transparent about this im still 99% sure that all the reason why Pixel shop is closing their doors and removing alot of people are because of this too.

There seems to be alot of chaos right now behind the scenes for the shops to get their files to a other hosting services and they seems to be closing ranks now, but this is just me guessing.

The way Pixel worded some of their announcements made it sound to me like they essentially are Teknik or at least they are real good friends who always do stuff together.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you like pay for piracy. Pay for the original titles
That’s what I never understood about people paying to have access to a shop. All you get is day one access games and leaked games from what I read. When you could do all that on certain websites. I just don’t like going through pop up ads to get to the game at times but that’s the better option than paying for a shop that won’t always be there.

Reactions: impeeza

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
They're absolutely awful. Ran by idiots and attention whores.

Yeah, they had trouble with their domains and google server storage so they're not taking anymore new users. And they're constantly pinging the discords with stupid drama. And when people get (rightly) confused and ask what's happening then the dumb mods go on a banning streak.

I watched like 300 people get banned yesterday. And when your banned that's it. You permanently lose access. You can only tie your entire console to one account. That's it. These dumb fucks love abusing what little power they have.

Honestly, the shops are SO convenient for grabbing updates is mostly what I use it for. They're a pain in the ass and I don't see them staying up much longer.

Reactions: randy_w

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
That’s what I never understood about people paying to have access to a shop. All you get is day one access games and leaked games from what I read. When you could do all that on certain websites. I just don’t like going through pop up ads to get to the game at times but that’s the better option than paying for a shop that won’t always be there.

“Why pay for these shops?”

Why are people paying for Nintendo’s less than subpar membership? Why do people pay for game pass?

People pay for convenience. It really isn’t a difficult concept. The torrents, websites, etc. all have a higher risk associated with them than a shop that may or may not have a “best by” date.

That said, I haven’t needed access to these shops since I bought my OLED, but for some reason I still have it… Actually surprised any of them are still up because they’ve had issues with Google for a while now..

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guess i need to look into jdownloader2 since im doing everything by hand
Give it a try, it changes everything.. It gets the download link for you automatically and extracts the nsp file from the archive parts once download finishes. You can also set up multiple VPN/Proxy connections to bypass IP limit. All you have to do is paste download links to it and move the extract files to corresponding game folder. With some scripting these two steps could also be automated.

That's exactly what they are doing, I think all of them (including several shops went private/closed last year) abuses google drive to store and share nps/xci files. One shared google drive I had access to belongs to a public high school. No wonder many shops closed when google cracked down .edu drive abuse last year. Not sure what type of google drive the are exploiting right now but according to their announcement google is about to do something real soon.

They're absolutely awful. Ran by idiots and attention whores.

Yeah, they had trouble with their domains and google server storage so they're not taking anymore new users. And they're constantly pinging the discords with stupid drama. And when people get (rightly) confused and ask what's happening then the dumb mods go on a banning streak.

I watched like 300 people get banned yesterday. And when your banned that's it. You permanently lose access. You can only tie your entire console to one account. That's it. These dumb fucks love abusing what little power they have.

Honestly, the shops are SO convenient for grabbing updates is mostly what I use it for. They're a pain in the ass and I don't see them staying up much longer.
That's so true, mods in those servers are super toxic and has no life other than being dicks and banning people 24/7. That's literally why I quit using them last year because the whole server is basically a drama queen battle royale.

Last edited by randy_w,

TheDuck1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Give it a try, it changes everything.. It gets the download link for you automatically and extracts the nsp file from the archive parts once download finishes. You can also set up multiple VPN/Proxy connections to bypass IP limit. All you have to do is paste download links to it and move the extract files to corresponding game folder. With some scripting these two steps could also be automated.
how do you get around Cloudflare block, seems all the rom site are using it ?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I literally just found <Shop1> yesterday and joined only to get booted today because they're 'closing to the public'. I finally started dicking with my Switch again because I found a working shop after forever and of course it goes private and I get the boot. What the fuck is the deal with all these shops? This has happened (to me personally anyway) like 5 fucking times in the last year, with the most recent (aside from <Shop1>) being <Shop2>. Is it as simple as them just wanting to cash in on the exclusivity or what? I understand there are costs to this kind of deal, though unaware of what said cost actually amounts to, but can't there be one...just one...that stays open to an active community? Boot the leeches, sure, but give people the time to become a part of the community before kicking them less than 24hrs after joining. I have no problem falling back on manually locating backups and going the Awoo route but the convenience will certainly be missed. Do any other shops exist that aren't paywalled? I'm half tempted to give it a go and do the necessary research/whatever-the-fuck to set one up myself. Maybe I'm being a crybaby and venting, I dunno, it's just unfortunate I guess.
Is this shocking? Any shop like that isn't going to last long. It's designed around quick money and thats it. They don't expect to last.

TheDuck1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
well i found somewhat of a work around, by logging out of 1fichier in my browser it would when give me the link to use xD

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do you get around Cloudflare block, seems all the rom site are using it ?
That's usually caused by the VPN you are using, switch to another server or just turn off vpn for jdownloader2.

Also if you have premium account you can add it to jdownloader2, that will remove all limits.

TheDuck1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
That's usually caused by the VPN you are using, switch to another server or just turn off vpn for jdownloader2.

Also if you have premium account you can add it to jdownloader2, that will remove all limits.
yer have already added my account, but all the rom site are using "ouo.io" site and jdownloader does not seem to be able to get around that, vpn or not.

but hi ! it does make the download easier even if i have to click my way to the link.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one is paying for shop access. No money goes to the missingdumps group that provides the games to the shops. No money goes to the shops either.

Is this shocking? Any shop like that isn't going to last long. It's designed around quick money and thats it. They don't expect to last.
There is no exit scam when there is no money involved....

I literally just found <Shop1> yesterday and joined only to get booted today because they're 'closing to the public'. I finally started dicking with my Switch again because I found a working shop after forever and of course it goes private and I get the boot. What the fuck is the deal with all these shops? This has happened (to me personally anyway) like 5 fucking times in the last year, with the most recent (aside from <Shop1>) being <Shop2>. Is it as simple as them just wanting to cash in on the exclusivity or what? I understand there are costs to this kind of deal, though unaware of what said cost actually amounts to, but can't there be one...just one...that stays open to an active community? Boot the leeches, sure, but give people the time to become a part of the community before kicking them less than 24hrs after joining. I have no problem falling back on manually locating backups and going the Awoo route but the convenience will certainly be missed. Do any other shops exist that aren't paywalled? I'm half tempted to give it a go and do the necessary research/whatever-the-fuck to set one up myself. Maybe I'm being a crybaby and venting, I dunno, it's just unfortunate I guess.
Shops like the one that just closed their doors to new users are not sustainable. Theres mass amounts of abuse, resellers, and people that just want the free games NOW and demand that games get released as soon as they are leaked. The amount of storage and bandwidth needed to sustain a public shop like that with 200K and rising users is not possible. All of the shops pay out of pocket for the storage and servers. Those shops also have been around for a VERY long while and there was so many chances for people to just setup the shop on their console.

It is sad that you missed the cutoff, but the cutoff had to be done. No shops that exist currently are "pay walled" since they do not accept money. They only want missing titles/dlc from a specific list. They used to accept eshop gift cards to fund dumping games, but they no longer do so because of how many people donated them in all currencies in a short time. Games aren't releasing fast enough to eat of all of those gift card donations. Since they ONLY use those cards to dump games and nothing else, the backlog/line is over a year long.

Also, you can setup your own shop, but I would refrain from going public with it due to the 16TB requirement to host the entire library. Just go on tinfoils site and go to the help page and look at the custom index page.

Last edited by Lumince,

TheDuck1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
There is no exit scam when there is no money involved....
I believe so too and everything i have seen shows me that they are not making money from it, but it makes you wonder who is going to pay for the hosting of files now.

The problem is that all the shops are in a little closed group of people and the mods are hungry attack dogs that holds a grudges for the weirdest reasons. So when people see the mods being immoral and rude to other people, it's when easy to think they are also corrupt too.

Reactions: randy_w

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe so too and everything i have seen shows me that they are not making money from it, but it makes you wonder who is going to pay for the hosting of files now.

The problem is that all the shops are in a little closed group of people and the mods are hungry attack dogs that holds a grudges for the weirdest reasons. So when people see the mods being immoral and rude to other people, it's when easy to think they are also corrupt too.
The people maintaining the shops will foot the bill like they always did. MissingDumps is just the dumping group and they dont host the shops themselves. The people maintaining the shops will have to foot the new costs. They have been footing the bill for the storage ever since all of the public shops went down the first time. The public shops before were running on free google drives and now everything is paid for.

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yer have already added my account, but all the rom site are using "ouo.io" site and jdownloader does not seem to be able to get around that, vpn or not.

but hi ! it does make the download easier even if i have to click my way to the link.
I think jdownloader2 can't solve those url shorteners for now, but if you have tampermonkey installed you can try this script:
https://adsbypasser.github.io/

It will auto skip those ad url shorteners. With Buster (a captcha solver using audio recongnition), you can get the download link in one click.

Lmao so true, if you speak in their server they'll always find some reason to ban you.

They have been footing the bill ever since all of the public shops went down the first time. The public shops before were running on free google drives and now everything is paid for.
Highly doubt that, I think they are still exploiting google drive/sharepoint in some way to get free storage/bandwidth. Serving 16TB data on cloud to 200K users would be insanely expensive.

Reactions: Henx

TheDuck1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Highly doubt that, I think they are still exploiting google drive/sharepoint in some way to get free storage/bandwidth. Serving 16TB data on cloud to 200K users would be insanely expensive.
They still are right now, but they only have until the 22 July before Google shuts it down, from what Teknik shop has told us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Giganutz