Hacking What is the most recommended 1TB USB HDD for USB Loaders?

Sairou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the topic title suggests, what is the most recommended 1TB USB HDD for USB Loaders? Would it be Seagate, Maxtor, Western Digital, etc?

Posts merged

To add to that, anybody try the 1.5TB Seagate USB HDD?

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if partitions bigger than 500GB are feasible for wbfs. How do you intend to partition this drive? Also, why do you need so much space?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have a Western Digital 1TB My Book Essential edition for USB Loading, and it works like a charm.
I have a 350GB WBFS partition and the rest is for movies/series.
Works great, the best 1TB harddrive around.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Satangel said:
I have a Western Digital 1TB My Book Essential edition for USB Loading, and it works like a charm.
I have a 350GB WBFS partition and the rest is for movies/series.
Works great, the best 1TB harddrive around.

are you having any spindown issues?

Sairou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hdhacker said:
I'm not sure if partitions bigger than 500GB are feasible for wbfs. How do you intend to partition this drive? Also, why do you need so much space?
I intend to make a 250gb partition in it. The rest I'd like for personal use such as anime and old games and whatnot.
biggrin.gif

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1TB WD Mybook here, too. No problems. It will spindown occasionally if you leave a game paused forever, but it spins back up with no problem EVERY time. The biggest issue you should ever see is a stutter of about 2 seconds when it spins back up (which is quite rare unless you often pause and take off for a while).

My drive is split into 3 partitions: 400GB for FAT32, for playing media through MPlayer-CE, my dvd player w/ a front USB port etc, 400GB for WBFS (which is PLENTY.... I've got 60 games installed and have barely dented it), and 200GB NTFS for my files over 4GB.

MPlayer-CE is a little buggy with it (freezes occasionally), but I think that has a lot more to do with MPlayer than the drive.

If you're looking for a smaller drive that doesn't require another outlet (ie: powered by USB), my brother has a 320GB WD Passport that's awesome, too. Best part is it comes in white/silver and perfectly matches the Wii... and there's a forwarder that uses an image of that particular drive, so everything looks nice and professional.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64