Gaming What PS3 games do you recommend?

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
Uncharted 2, Uncharted 2, Uncharted 2!

Definately Uncharted 2
tongue.gif

Oh and definately MGS 4, Infamous and if you're into this sorta thing Final Fantasy XIII.

It'll probably set you back about the price of a full game for Uncharted 2, MGS 4 and Infamous cos they're all really cheap preowned
biggrin.gif

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xx_cutie_xx said:
I'm playing Final Fantasy XIII now and I like it but I have to pay attention to the story more because sometimes I don't get what's going on lol.
I'm planning to get Dragon Age: Origins next. Thanks!
smile.gif

You'll never regret getting Dragon Age.
Final Fantasy XIII was soooo boring to me.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
I would suggest MW2 and BC2 if you like FPS.
Uncharted 2 is a pretty good adventure game.
tongue.gif

If you are into hack-and-slash games, I would recommend God of War.
smile.gif

I also recommend the FIRST BioShock game.
wink.gif

xx_cutie_xx

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NiGHtS said:

Definately Uncharted 2
tongue.gif

Oh and definately MGS 4, Infamous and if you're into this sorta thing Final Fantasy XIII.

It'll probably set you back about the price of a full game for Uncharted 2, MGS 4 and Infamous cos they're all really cheap preowned
biggrin.gif

Hahaha for sure I'm getting Uncharted 2 because I played some of it at my friend's house and I like the fast paced action where you just keep running xD
I know I wanted to Infamous before so I'll look into that again.
Thanks.
smile.gif

phoenixgoddess27 said:
xx_cutie_xx said:
I'm playing Final Fantasy XIII now and I like it but I have to pay attention to the story more because sometimes I don't get what's going on lol.
I'm planning to get Dragon Age: Origins next.
Thanks!
smile.gif

You'll never regret getting Dragon Age.
Final Fantasy XIII was soooo boring to me.

Lol the only thing I don't like about the Final Fantasy games is the battle system.
I don't like how you have to wait to attack.
I like games where you can attack whenever you want like the LoZ series. xD

QUOTE(Delta517 @ Aug 16 2010, 05:57 AM)
I would suggest MW2 and BC2 if you like FPS.
Uncharted 2 is a pretty good adventure game.
tongue.gif

If you are into hack-and-slash games, I would recommend God of War.
smile.gif

I also recommend the FIRST BioShock game.
wink.gif

My bro likes the God of War series so we're going to get that in the near future lol.
I was planning to get Bioshock too so thanks for the suggestions.
smile.gif

JBW

Trophies
XP
Country
phoenixgoddess27 said:
I highly recommend Dragon Age: Origins and Oblivion for two must have RPGs.
Oblivion is a must, its cheap and theres a good 300 hours of gameplay in it. Plus LittleBigPlanet, a fantastic platformer and the create mode is just so amazing. Or if you can afford it, preorder LittleBigPlanet 2.

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
NiGHtS said:

Definately Uncharted 2
tongue.gif

biggrin.gif
Uncharted 2 is cheap pre-owned in the UK? Lucky... Over here in Canada(QC), pre-owned, it's still 59.99 in Gamespot/EB Games...

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
DarkShadow96 said:
NiGHtS said:

Definately Uncharted 2
tongue.gif

biggrin.gif
Uncharted 2 is cheap pre-owned in the UK? Lucky... Over here in Canada(QC), pre-owned, it's still 59.99 in Gamespot/EB Games...

Oh wow...lol well for us it's £15 pre owned...I'm not quite sure how that converts into Canadian currency but if US dollars is anything to go buy it's still pretty good!
nayps3.gif

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd recommend Infamous, 3D Dot Game Heroes, FF13, FF14 (coming soon, maybe good), Infamous, Uncharted 1 (haven't played the second), Infamous, MAG (better than Call of Duty by a long shot), Infamous, Bayonetta, and did I mention Infamous?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a PS3 and a fairly sizeable collection, so here are my recommendations by genre.

RPG's

- Dragon Age Origins. The only issue I ever had with it is the prohibitive cost of the expansion pack, Awakening. Aside from that it's fucking phenominal. A true classic style RPG.
- Folklore. Say what you want, I liked this game. It had something many games lack. Colour and charm. Plus it's cheap
smile.gif

- Demon's Souls. Not for the faint of heart and those who like being spoon-fed, but damn is it good. Get the Black Phantom Edition, the artbook kicks ass, the CD is great and the guide book is damn near essential 'cause this game doesn't fuck around. It's woefully unforgiving. So many things can one hit KO you early on. But stick with it and you'll discover a truly original game with a LOT going for it.

Shooters
- Modern Warfare 2. Not a personal fave of mine, I think it's overrated. But then I'm not a hype sheep. Enjoyable enough but relies too heavily on the multiplayer to carry it. The others are also worth looking into.
- Battlefield Modern Combat 1+2. Both decent shooters with great online support.
- Warhawk. Pretty much the essential online game, still being played by thousands of people every day after all this time. Expansions are now in cheap bundles too.
- Call of Juarez.
- Killzone 2. Just don't let them patch it
smile.gif

- Fracture. Not fantastic but decent if it's cheap.
- Resistance Fall of Man 1+2.

Action
- Ratchet and Clank. All of them are too funny for words. Plus turning things into penguins then making them dance never gets old.
- Uncharted 1+2. Both amazing games, although note that only the second has multiplayer. But the original is still worth a play.
- Littlebig Planet. The ultimate creation tool. So many levels, so little time. Sequel coming soon.
- 3D Dot Heroes or whatever it's called. A blatant rip-off of the old 2D Zelda games, but with character creation and a godly uber sword that would make Cloud Strife piss his pants with jealousy.

Open World
- GTA IV. Obviously.
- Saints Row 2. Like GTA but funny.
- The Saboteur. The guy swears too much but the core gameplay's solid.
- Red Dead Redemption. One I personally think isn't quite all it's supposed to be, but it's still pretty damn good.
- Burnout Paradise. Great game, great online, plenty of decent DLC, and one of the few games that allows custom sound tracks. Plus the Ghostbusters car.

Sleepers. Games most won't recommend but I personally rate.
- Chronicles of Riddick. It shouldn't work...but it does. Somehow.
- Singularity. A decent enough shooter, but nothing truly fascinating. Worth a look though.
- Monster Madness. 4 player offline co-op, kinda ike Zombies Ate My Neighbours. Damn good fun.
- Resonance of Fate. Not the best RPG out there but decent enough. Those gun dives never seem to get old.

That lot should keep you amused until I look through my collection properly when I feel better and come up with a few more.

EDIT: Also, PhoenixGoddess, I found FF13 terminally dull too. So much so that I never even finished it. A numbered FF game. What has the world come to? Thanks for my birthday message by the way. Made my day
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, that was like when i was 10