Hacking what type of usb loader do u use...

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Only Configurable USB Loader! I tried WiiFlow, also nice, but cfg-loader is better
laugh.gif
USB Loader GX is bad, I never used it.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
mike333 said:
Is it true that loader GX trashed WBFS partitions and all user data?
When you are updating the GX version or the config get broken, it can happen that the game parition get damaged.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
USB Loader GX, currently at r938.

Personally I've read a lot of negative posts about USB Loader GX, but most of it is due to user error. If you stick with the non-beta versions you won't have much drama using it. If you use the beta versions, well you should know what you are getting into. I use the beta versions, and knowing so, I take precautions, and read the change-logs.

That said, comparatively, USB Loader GX isn't on the bleeding edge as far as new features go or updates for that matter. Other USB Loaders seem to be updated more often, and with fewer bugs in comparison, from what I read.

USB Loader GX continues to work out for me without ever having a major issue where I could not play a game. Nice, simple, and looks good.

-[]D

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
First it was Usb loader GX, then it was Wiiflow, now I use Configable USB Loader. Since I can choose my IOSes without needing another Usb loader.

Also I don't really care about the interface. Aslong as I can boot the games.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
mike333 said:
When you are updating the GX version or the config get broken, it can happen that the game parition get damaged.
That's why I switched to CFG Loader. I remember back in April when I loaded up GX and all 91 of my games were gone. Now I have a FAT32 partition with 88 games. My collection is almost rebuilt
smile.gif

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mostly Uloader... I'll probably switch to Wiiflow once the multiple partitions issue on hermes v5/wanin v20 are resolved though...

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fudgenuts64 said:
FIX94 said:
mike333 said:
That's why I switched to CFG Loader. I remember back in April when I loaded up GX and all 91 of my games were gone. Now I have a FAT32 partition with 88 games. My collection is almost rebuilt
smile.gif
Dude, ya gotta back-up your data! Losing 91 games ouch! I own most of the games on my drive, and the ones I DL'd, Ive burnt to disc. The rule applies to Wii games as it does PC files. Back-up, back-up, backup.

-[]D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh