Hacking What's The best card for DSI right now?

nash79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,
Im ordering a cart for my sister's DSI and I would really want to know what's the best one around in terms of value for money. The best compatibility is an important factor.
Thanks guys

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well right now, Supercard Two, fast active team, it's a powerhouse, SNES and GBA emulation, and many more features.
If you don't want to spend too much on the other hand, Acekard 2i, nice GUI, fast team, and other neat features.

nash79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for ur reply. Any recommendation for a website to order it from? Good deal with worldwide delivery. Thanks

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If she has updated the DSi's firmware or you don't have a DS Lite, then i'd get the DSTWO. Otherwise i'd get the Acekard 2i.

There's no doubt the DSTWO is the better cart, but only if she's going to use it's additional features such as GBA/ SNES emulation and RealTime Save. There's no point paying for it's additional features if she isn't going to use them.

As for retailers, ShopTemp is affiliated with this site and hence is normally recommended.

It's likely the firmware on both carts will need to be updated for DSi firmware 1.4.1, but the DSTWO's is the easier to update. The Acekard requires you use a DS or DS Lite to do this, or if you order from Shoptemp they have Premium Update & Flashing Service where they will update the firmware before shipping. You will need to email them to make sure they update it for 1.4.1 and not 1.4.

If you want to know more about the Acekard, I have a complete guide to it Here

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Acekard 2i and DStwo are both best value for their respective price ranges.
Although this latest 1.4.1 fiasco has shown us that the DStwo may in fact be DSi firmware proof, you don't even have to reflash the firmware on a working, system, all it takes is to replace a file on the microSD.

Anyway, the AK2i and DStwo are about equally compatible with games, most things you'll throw at them will work flawlessly.
The $20 difference you're paying means a dedicated GBA/SNES emulator, the best real-time menu of any flashcart (saves/guides/cheats toggling), and more to come with the DStwo's embedded CPU.
If playing DS games is all that matters than the Acekard 2i is by all means perfect.

Shoptemp is a highly suggested site around here, not just because GBAtemp is affiliated but also because we've had great experiences with them, and their free shipping usually takes no more than a week. On top of that, they've got some great competitive prices.

El Bastardo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there.

I currently own an M3 DS Real for my DS Lite and I am interested in what is new and better out there.

Is it really the fact that the M3 with their newer products are not top tear anymore??

I am kind of a loyal M3 person and are wondering if a new M3 card would be a poor choice in terms of features and price.

I like SNES emulation and real time save is a good feature (which the M3 real already uses).

Just wanted to hear some additional oppinions!!

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
El Bastardo said:
Hello there.
I currently own an M3 DS Real for my DS Lite and I am interested in what is new and better out there.
Is it really the fact that the M3 with their newer products are not top tear anymore??
I am kind of a loyal M3 person and are wondering if a new M3 card would be a poor choice in terms of features and price.
I like SNES emulation and real time save is a good feature (which the M3 real already uses).
Just wanted to hear some additional oppinions!!
I have to confess, I bought an M3i Zero really didn't like it.
The Sakura firmware was over-rated and wasn't as good as just booting moonshell.
The first one I ordered came with a dead USB flashing cable, meaning I could not even use it! (Ships without internal firmware)
There has also been a drought of M3 updates recently.

For features and price you would be much, much better off buying a Supercard DStwo. It has the best real-time functions of any flash cart, the most stable real-time save, real-time cheats toggling, real-time guides in .txt and .bmp format, and slow motion.
It also has an integrated CPU for its dedicated GBA and SNES emulators. It's possible the SNES emulator will get better with time.

If $35 DSTwo costs too much, then also consider the EZ flash Vi, which also has great real-time save support, it being $18 instead.

El Bastardo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there. Thanks for the honest opinion. That is really helpful.
I'm not an M3 fan (I just bought their products until now because they were good) and so I want a good product not a brand name.

Supercard DStwo sounds like my cup of tea because RTS is important to me.

MY current M3 real can do it but it depends on the game (genre). RPGs no problem but action games... it sucks.

Currently using homebrew SNES emulation with an additional Slot-2 RAM Pack so I am happy with that.

Would be cool if the card could also utilize the RAM Pack!!

NinjaMic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acekard 2i

Simply because its cheap and runs pretty much everything perfectly.

Since you're in the US, I'd recommend buying it from RealHotStuff

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
NinjaMic said:
Acekard 2i

Simply because its cheap and runs pretty much everything perfectly.

Since you're in the US, I'd recommend buying it from RealHotStuff
make sure you update your acekard2i before procceding to update the dsi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Coming back to my house in 30 min