r3l4x

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
users.pandora.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I was under the impression that you always use Wiigator's GC Backup Launcher and that you had the choice between the cMIOS that Wiigator made (based on v5 I think) and the one Wanin made (based on v8). I use wanin's and have had no problems with multi-discs but I don't boot them from the disc channel, I use the custom channel. As to saving, seeing as I don't have an original nintendo memory card I can't confirm the problems, I just have a simple 3th party one and so far I've had no problems getting games to save.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I have wanininoko's cMIOS installed and seem to have problems with RoboTech saving. It acts like it does it fine at first and then refuses to save after that. Having never really saved the whole time though.

Slightly irrelevent but I also found that in StarFox Assault that the Land Master tanks in VS mode can't shoot for some odd reason.

I figure waiting for the next MIOS and backup launcher release will clear it up eventually anyway but thought someone might like to know about those two.

My only two games I've tried that had any problems. Well, Ikuraga refuses to load past the main menu but ya, next MIOS should be great.
These are all on a multidisc btw.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Luriden said:
WiiBlaster said:
Luriden said:
WiiBlaster said:
OSW said:
I noticed that launching gc games through the backup loader (Wiigators) and disk channel (waninkokos cmios) produce different savesames.

Does booting through the disk channel save the game correctly (compatible with official disks)? (because i havent extracted it to check). Or is it wrong like wigators?

Your Right Waninokok did get it right??? Just tried loading a Orginal Save through and it Loads Fine,
So anyone saving problem loading Org Gc Saves just Use Wank Mios
Through the Disc Channel by the way.

To get Org Saves working on WiiGators you must Use my Method on the other Page at the bottom, But Wan Loads them Just fine

Unfortunately Waninkoko's MIOS doesn't load multi game discs, unless I'm missing something. I put the disc in and go to Boot DVD and it just says to insert a disc.
True to use his patcher and load Multi you must load the GC launcher from the HBC and press left or right to use different game it doesn't work from the disc channel like wiigators, atleast not for me

Do I load WiiGator's GC launcher from HBC? I didn't even know Waninkoko had a GC launcher for HBC, I thought his patcher only used Disc Channel.

EDIT: I tried booting Sonic Adventure DX from a multi game disc while using WiiGator's GC launcher in HBC with Wanin's MIOS installed. The game boots, but it's still not recognizing my original save file. Meh. Oh well. Hopefully there's some kind of fix coming up.

Waninkoko doesn't have a HBC gc loader, but he is supposed to be releasing his multi-game creator/launcher? soon.

According to wiigator, you can have the functionality of both backup loaders by installing wanin's cmios, and alternating between disk channel (which uses wanin's gcloader which is built into his cmios) and wiigators backup loader.

Hence using wiigators loader even with wanin's cmios, you will still get a bad save. Wanin seems to have got it right with his loader, so i look forward to his multigame software release
biggrin.gif

cataphonicdisson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anybody else had the problem I'm having?

I can't create any new save files while using wiigator's GC loader. It recgonizes the card but simply says 'save failed'.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    the author has the final aproval
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Canada: America's Russia