ROM Hack What's with all the new sticky threads?

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's almost no room for the regular threads now... could there be one sticky for cheats that links to the other related threads?

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hmmmm...well, this is now mess....I was really working hard on maintaining on this section, and I have cleaned stickies in the past!
But this is now bad..

I don't thing this belongs here, I'll see......
If we keep it like this, it'll be hard to keep this section clean, like it was for the past few weeks..

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Toni Plutonij said:
Hmmmm...well, this is now mess....I was really working hard on maintaining on this section, and I have cleaned stickies in the past!
But this is now bad..

If we keep it like this, it'll be hard to keep this section clean, like it was for the past few weeks..
who moved them here?
tongue.gif

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheat creation does share some elements with hacking, but I don't think this is the right section for people who are looking for codes... probably Game Help, Hints and Tips would be the most appropriate place, right?

Rigle

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
DarthNemesis said:
Cheat creation does share some elements with hacking, but I don't think this is the right section for people who are looking for codes... probably Game Help, Hints and Tips would be the most appropriate place, right?

Or "Flashing Hardware and Software"...

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rigle93 said:
Or "Flashing Hardware and Software"...
Hmm... that might be more accurate except for the people with an actual AR, but I was thinking more along the lines of where people would look first...

Guile589

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Toni Plutonij,
What would you say to make a sub-forums here only for translation projects thread? Then all of those would be in one place and the stickied section wouldn't be this big.

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guile589 said:
What would you say to make a subsection here only for translation projects thread? Then all of those would be in one place and the stickied section wouldn't be this big.
Actually since we do have the index of translations, I don't see why individual project threads need to be stickied. If the project is active, they will be near the top anyway, and if not you can use the index to find them. I don't mind if you unsticky Soma Bringer, at any rate.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
DarthNemesis said:
Guile589 said:
What would you say to make a subsection here only for translation projects thread? Then all of those would be in one place and the stickied section wouldn't be this big.
Actually since we do have the index of translations, I don't see why individual project threads need to be stickied. If the project is active, they will be near the top anyway, and if not you can use the index to find them. I don't mind if you unsticky Soma Bringer, at any rate.
I agree. We should relieve the clutter and leave just a few stickies on top.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Guile589 said:
Toni Plutonij,
What would you say to make a sub-forums here only for translation projects thread? Then all of those would be in one place and the stickied section wouldn't be this big.
Hmm, it's not up to me, but even if it was, I don't see this happening any time soon
frown.gif

We already have this section ONLY for Translations and Hacking (that is closely related to translations)..
The thing is that people aren't taking care of it properly, and post stuff that don't belong here..

I think I'll manage to handle it properly for now..

QUOTE(DarthNemesis @ Nov 26 2008, 12:04 AM) Actually since we do have the index of translations, I don't see why individual project threads need to be stickied. If the project is active, they will be near the top anyway, and if not you can use the index to find them. I don't mind if you unsticky Soma Bringer, at any rate.
You're have a good idea Darth, I'll try to make something along these lines, and I'll see how it will work out..
I will remove ALL the projects from the stickies, and keep only few "important" threads..

If you have any suggestions, post here, and I'll try to listen to you and improve this section how you see it fit, because you spend most of the time here (I'm talking to translators and hackers)!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
But this is now bad..

Same here.

Come on someone...own up!

EDIT: Unstuck a few that are not really needed. And yes a translation sub-forum could be handy...as well as many sub-forums for Wii Hacking. That reminds me, better request my name change to BrokenRecord.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Hadrian said:
Toni Plutonij said:
But this is now bad..

Same here.

Come on someone...own up!

EDIT: Unstuck a few that are not really needed. And yes a translation sub-forum could be handy...as well as many sub-forums for Wii Hacking. That reminds me, better request my name change to BrokenRecord.
A translations sub-forum or a "personal projects" sub-forum would be reaaaally sweet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right... +1