when i start on my DSI XL hiyaCFW it starts twilight menu++

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it just automaticly starts into twilight menu++
Launch Unlaunch and click on options, see if it's set to autoboot to TWilightMenu (when not holding any button on boot) or not.
Otherwise you could add another, holding something like a or b, and set it to boot to Hiyacfw/sdnand.

Toka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Launch Unlaunch and click on options, see if it's set to autoboot to TWilightMenu (when not holding any button on boot) or not.
Otherwise you could add another, holding something like a or b, and set it to boot to Hiyacfw/sdnand.
nope its set to sdhc/:HIYA.DSI.
i already tried that, doesnt work

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope its set to sdhc/:HIYA.DSI.
That's should boot to sdnand normally. So it's either you messed up something when setting up Hiyacfw (with the helper on pc) and you might need to redo it, or something with your sd card is not working right. For the sd it should be formatted as Fat32 32kb cluster size, make sure it is, also check it with h2testw to make sure it's not dying or faulty (backup your data before doing so).

Other than that, can you access sysnand fine, play DS games with TWilightMenu etc.?
Also just a personal advice, if doing the above solutions doesn't help, you don't need sdnand really, TwilightMenu can play both DS & DSi games fine, there's no other reason to have an sdnand setup other than to install DSiWare, and like i said TWilightmenu can play those fine..

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
disable autoboot for twilight menu in the hiya settings by holding select on boot and then disable "autoboot title." Turn it back off and then hold A+B on boot and make sure the "no button" unlaunch autoboot is set to SDMC:/HIYA.DSI. This should autoboot you into the HiyaCFW system menu.

I'm a fan of twilightmenu but it's super annoying that the official DSi hacking guide basically tricks you into using their software for everything, they no longer explain how to stop at JUST sticking with HiyaCFW if you don't want to completely replace your home menu with their bloated custom launcher.

Reactions: siamese

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
it's super annoying that the official DSi hacking guide basically tricks you into using their software for everything, they no longer explain how to stop at JUST sticking with HiyaCFW if you don't want to completely replace your home menu with their bloated custom launcher.
What do you mean, exactly? The guide ends with giving the user a choice, and hiyaCFW being completely taken out of the guide.

1671518281475.png

I guess there could be some kind of alternative to TWiLight Menu++ as part of the installation process (for people who are pretty much solely interested in an hbmenu setup for modern homebrew games/apps and nothing else, or flashcard unblocking)

Reactions: siamese

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean, exactly? The guide ends with giving the user a choice, and hiyaCFW being completely taken out of the guide.

View attachment 343546

I guess there could be some kind of alternative to TWiLight Menu++ as part of the installation process (for people who are pretty much solely interested in an hbmenu setup for modern homebrew games/apps and nothing else, or flashcard unblocking)
not at my PC right now so i can't take a screenshot but the Section 2 - Installing Unlaunch and SD Card Setup pages were changed a year or two ago to make it seem as if you have to set everything up through twilightmenu instead of just directly installing Unlaunch by using memory pit or the flipnote studio exploit. still don't know why they wiped basically all mentions of HiyaCFW in the guide either, since it's the closest mod to something like the 3DS's emunand and it's very unintrusive by comparison.

Nowadays things are a bit better though since twilightmenu's switch to unlaunch because they give you the option to choose the system launcher or TWLmenu's launcher in the guide. The old update zips for twilightmenu used to replace your hiyaCFW settings and turn autoboot on for no reason

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Installing Unlaunch and SD Card Setup pages were changed a year or two ago to make it seem as if you have to set everything up through twilightmenu instead of just directly installing Unlaunch by using memory pit or the flipnote studio exploit.
Probably because of the patches that TWLM++ can apply to Unlaunch (changing the background, re-enabling sound and the Health & Safety screen because Unlaunch forcibly disables them in the sysNAND Launcher)
Though that functionality arguably belongs in an application of its own as it's kinda out of scope of what TWLM++ is, or better yet, optional within Unlaunch itself..
hiyaCFW also provides similar benefits to TWLM++'s patches (allows Health & Safety + Sound while keeping the security stuff disabled)

still don't know why they wiped basically all mentions of HiyaCFW in the guide either, since it's the closest mod to something like the 3DS's emunand and it's very unintrusive by comparison.
I figure it's because TWLM++ does pretty much everything hiyaCFW does and better, functionally anyways. And I'm pretty sure most people just used it to boot TWLM++, but I don't have statistics on that

Reactions: orangy57

Toka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
disable autoboot for twilight menu in the hiya settings by holding select on boot and then disable "autoboot title." Turn it back off and then hold A+B on boot and make sure the "no button" unlaunch autoboot is set to SDMC:/HIYA.DSI. This should autoboot you into the HiyaCFW system menu.

I'm a fan of twilightmenu but it's super annoying that the official DSi hacking guide basically tricks you into using their software for everything, they no longer explain how to stop at JUST sticking with HiyaCFW if you don't want to completely replace your home menu with their bloated custom launcher.
it works, thanks for helping

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...