iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
green PCB is latest, they never made a black pcb as far as i know... (I occassionally keep in touch with the AK team so I'm pretty sure).

I'd recommend simplymods.com as well...they've been amazing to me and the people i've referred to them. you'll never find fakes there (well...apart from R4's I guess. everything is a clone nowadays for r4's)

realhotstuff is good too, but they were VERY reluctant to give me a return when I developed a broken spring within a week of getting an AK2i.

raptir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm sorry I didn't listen to everyone who said, "Don't do DealExtreme," and I'm sorry I did listen to those who said to go with it. I got the cart, and it's a fake. It has HW ID of 80, and won't load any homebrew or commercial games.

I'm hoping they don't give me a hard time about the return, since they're sold out with no plans of restocking. Thankfully I could file a complaint with PayPal.

I guess I'll order one off leetmod or RealHotStuff.

joe_gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow ...that sucks...I canceled my order with DX....I didn't want to wait that long.

I bought some from Leetmod, I posted in the other thread about it.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raptir said:
Well, I'm sorry I didn't listen to everyone who said, "Don't do DealExtreme," and I'm sorry I did listen to those who said to go with it. I got the cart, and it's a fake. It has HW ID of 80, and won't load any homebrew or commercial games.

I'm hoping they don't give me a hard time about the return, since they're sold out with no plans of restocking. Thankfully I could file a complaint with PayPal.

Hate to say I told you so, but... I told you so.

Last I heard, DealExtreme stopped selling flash carts. I even tried to look for one on there, found nothing.

raptir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
raptir said:

Last I heard, DealExtreme stopped selling flash carts. I even tried to look for one on there, found nothing.

Haha, yeah. They sold them until they ran out of stock. Unfortunately part of their stock was apparently fakes.

I'll get a refund from them somehow, even if it's through PayPal. But now I need to pick between Leetmod and Realhotstuff. They both seem legit.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raptir said:
phoenixgoddess27 said:
raptir said:

Haha, yeah. They sold them until they ran out of stock. Unfortunately part of their stock was apparently fakes.

I'll get a refund from them somehow, even if it's through PayPal. But now I need to pick between Leetmod and Realhotstuff. They both seem legit.

Good luck, I believe PayPal are the ones who made them stop selling due to legal matters. Leetmod and Realhotstuff are both pretty legit, but if you don't want another fake, be patient and ask them questions first.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
iwakura said:
green PCB is latest, they never made a black pcb as far as i know... (I occassionally keep in touch with the AK team so I'm pretty sure).

i am in touch with the acekard team, all of my 2.1 came directly from them.

the 2.1 comes in a dark green pcb, light green pcb, black pcb, and blue pcb. black and light green being the more recent design and the one that ships more often. the 2i came in green and black. the blue was mentioned but i can't confirm that it ever shipped.

i'm using the black on in my nds right now to play warioware.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?title=AKAIO#F.A.Q.

CODEWhat are the differences between the various builds of the Acekard 2s?
The AK2 suffered from a manufacturers soldering error. This problem caused the later batches of the Green PCB AK2 to experience a FAT issue. The cards would stop working some time between 2 weeks and 8 months, depending on usage. The AK2s were then pulled and fixed, relabeled, and released as the first batch of AK2.1s. These fixed, light Green PCB Acekards, have a small chip under the sticker. They are essentially the AK2 repaired, which means the internals are the same. The kits were later redesigned and re-released as the AK2.1 Black PCB. The Black PCB contains a new controller chip and features a permanent redesign of the PCB which insures that FAT error will not happen again. The Black PCB AK2.1 was offered in a new package design, a box, and sold with or without the AK microSD reader. This version of the Acekard 2.1 was also issued as a darker Forest Green PCB. The kit then went back into development and was released a 3rd time with a metallic Blue PCB. The Blue PCB features a new shell. Acekard took out the spring loaded microSD slot and the shell clips in favor of glue.

The FAT error AK2s are no longer in circulation. You can not purchase one and you can not ask Team Acekard for one. The old shell AK2.1s are slowly being phased out as parts and supplies are used up in favor of the new shell and Blue PCB. In the end all versions will work and do what you expect. Do not panic if you receive a Green PCB over a Blue PCB.

The 12/01/09 Acekard 2.1 builds appear to have the same hardware as previous versions but suffer from firmware compatibility issues. It is recommended that you do not purchase one of these batches.

-another world

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Harley2280 said:
You could try 0shippingzone I bought mine from there and even with free shipping I got it in little over a week.

You have to pay for the reader? Mine came for free. They had some other cool stuff on that site, never heard of it though.

Not to mention, if he gets it from Leetmod, he could download AKAIO 1.6 RC1 from the download link there. If he prefers 1.6 RC2, he can download it here.

I didn't quite understand the whole PCB matter until Another World mentioned it, thank you.

raptir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
raptir said:
phoenixgoddess27 said:
raptir said:

Good luck, I believe PayPal are the ones who made them stop selling due to legal matters. Leetmod and Realhotstuff are both pretty legit, but if you don't want another fake, be patient and ask them questions first.

AFAIK, PayPal didn't make them stop, it's the fact that they used PayPal that they had to. Despite being HK-based, since they used a US company for payment, they could slap them with the DMCA.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raptir said:
phoenixgoddess27 said:
raptir said:
phoenixgoddess27 said:
raptir said:

AFAIK, PayPal didn't make them stop, it's the fact that they used PayPal that they had to. Despite being HK-based, since they used a US company for payment, they could slap them with the DMCA.

Ah, didn't know that, thank you for informing me correctly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn missed this one...