Louse76

OP
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
So I was going to buy my friend an R4, but my normal supplier is out of stock.

I think I'll give him mine and buy one of these. I know in the future I'd like to get a 4GB+ card, because I hate having to try and figure out what games I should have on the card, and switching them out, etc.

So what's the cheapest I can get one for?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
www.ModchipCentral.com has them in stock for $49.95

Ordered one from you yesterday. After shipping to the U.S., it cost me about $5 more than what I paid for with Modchipstore (who never sent my card), so I'm satisfied, considering it's shipping from Canada. I'm also happy to report that it appears to have already been shipped. However, I never did receive an email confirmation about the item order or the shipping for it. I would like to have both of those things after purchasing any products online.

Cheers

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck with Modchipstore. According to resellerratings.com they have been scamming people out of a ton of money over the past few weeks/months, not even shipping the orders and charging the credit cards the moment the order comes in. They have a 4.5/10 rating on there, whereas Real Hot Stuff (which I have ordered through before) has like a 9.5/10 rating. You really should keep up on this stuff, you don't want to lose your hard earned cash or have to go through a bunch of hoops with your CC Co. or bank to get your money back from these guys.

Anyhow, go for Real Hot Stuff next time. They are fast (use DHL not USPS) and friendly, you call that 800 number, and someone will actually pick up. Great with emails too.l

locki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you live in the states RHS is the best place to buy it, but currently its sold out of cyclods.

They respond to your tickets in a couple hours, and they are very helpful. They even replace your evo if its defective. Very fast shipping, price is the same as all the other places.

Cactuar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also recommend realhotstuff.com. I wrote in, asked if they had stock on the CycloDS and within an hour got a response saying they had about 10 left and If I wanted one I should order right away. I place my order (it's around 2am). At about 9am when I get around to checking my email I have a shipping confirmation from USPS that my package has shipped. I got it two days later and it came from New Jersey to California. Seriously it was easiest transaction I've had yet online, which I find a little ironic given the general nature of availability for this product.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I also recommend realhotstuff.com. I wrote in, asked if they had stock on the CycloDS and within an hour got a response saying they had about 10 left and If I wanted one I should order right away. I place my order (it's around 2am). At about 9am when I get around to checking my email I have a shipping confirmation from USPS that my package has shipped. I got it two days later and it came from New Jersey to California. Seriously it was easiest transaction I've had yet online, which I find a little ironic given the general nature of availability for this product.
I can back this up. Real Hot stuff is INCREDIBLE with service and they have responded to ALL my emails, I have emailed them a lot, not sure if I am bugging them but I do have legit questions, within 2-3 hours. Their support is incredible.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Realhotstuff will also swap a defective Evo with a new one from their stock unlike alot of other etailers. And with the defect rate, you'd better go for that option even if they end up being a few dollars more.

BTW: If you're in the US, take their USPS shipping option. I got a 3in1 in 2d via USPS and I've read another user report a 2d arrival of something they ordered to CA via USPS. (UPS will take the MAXIMUM amount of time listed to deliver a product, while the USPS just shoves it through the system.)

diglett

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got mine from mod-chip.com which worked out great with their price match plus 5% deal. However, they do not seem to have it in stock and I'm not sure if they are still matching prices.

I also have to echo the praise for realhotstuff.com. Even if their price isn't quite as low as a competitor, they are worth it for the outstanding customer service. If you ask when they will have stock again, they will give you an honest ETA unlike modchipstore who has routinely lied about their arrival dates.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you've already got another card and think that you MIGHT want an Evo, I'd wait and see when they are back in stock. At the US stores that I've checked recently RHS, Jandaman, and Divineo. Only Divineo had them in stock and they jacked up their price to $60, at which they can keep their Evos...

But like I said above, don't go solely on cheapest price take a look at shipping cost/time AND if they'll swap an in stock Evo, if yours happens to be defective. Mod-Chip doesn't, and someone reported on the official Evo board yesterday that Mod-Chip wasn't doing their price matching any longer...

If you've just gotta have one right now, I'd go for the cheapest decent alternative card that I could and then wait for Evos to come back into stock generally. In any event, I'd be happier having some kind of backup card too, which was my original plan and now a necessity as I need to send my Evo back to Europe for replacement, but it's entirely up to you as what you decide to do, probably also driven by how much money you can/want to spend on this stuff.

c2ironfist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly the R4/M3 Simply are the best alternative. They are simple to use and has the best compatibility.

The M3 DS Real is just as good with more features. However due to these extra features makes it a bit more complicated to set up. Aside from that they are great cards.

I have about all three cards and I've used a Cyclos before too. For the price of one M3 DS Real its well worth it.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
m3real vs supercard ds one v3 which 1 shall i go for?
and since the m3 forum is sorta dead do u think they will abandon me updates?

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I definitely recommend the SCDS1 over the M3 Real. SCDS1 has a better OS, more features, and has a faster loader.

But as far as the support for the M3 Real, I'm sure it will continue for a long time. The G6/M3 team are great, and always supports their carts.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not sure about the faster loader part. The times are roughly the same, from the videos I've seen, the loader seems to be faster on the M3R.

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I don't actually have the M3R. But I do have the SCDS1, and the G6R(which uses the same loader as the M3R), and it definitely does seem like the SCDS1 loader is faster.

This is one of the reasons I completely stopped using my G6 Real.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2