r3dfaction

OP
Trophies
Website
phyzorg.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
As the title states, anyone listen to VGM rips/OST's? Just curious to see how many do...
If you do, list your favorite artist and/or favorite VGM's.

Here are Mine:

-David Bergeaud - (Ratchet & Clank Series)
-Frank Klepacki - (Command & Conquer Series)
-Asuka Ohta - (Mario Series)
-Shinobu Tanaka - (Mario Series)
and of course...Koji Kondo - (Mario Series)

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhh, I listen to modified VGM, like YTcracker, Duane and BrandO and Team Teamwork.

r3dfaction

OP
Trophies
Website
phyzorg.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
tKo HaXoR said:
I listen to the Final Fantasy 7 sound track sometimes. It takes me back..
Never really played FF7 but I know FFX had a beautiful score
closedeyes.gif

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I do...

Various Zelda OSTs
Nanatsu Kaze no Shima Monogatari OST
Yoshi Story OST
Nights into Dreams OST
Tomb Raider OSTs

and some other ones...

Edit --

Myst OST too...

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chris Huelsbeck (Turrican 2), Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy) and Rob Hubbard are gods of videogame music.

I also still have the the original Command & Conquer: The Covert Operations CD just for it's music.

Outrun, Hangon, Space harrier, Tales of destiny, Earthbound, Star Control 2 (the best ever), Lotus III, also had decent tracks. Tales of

GoldenTalesGeek

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I have numerous video game soundtracks I listen to. Firstly. there's Yasunori Mitsuda's music for Chrono Trigger, cos it's the music that made such a geek about VGM in the first place. I also love Koichi Sugiyama's music for the Dragon Quest series. The Overture from it is definitely Crowning Music of Awesome for me. I plan on making it my ringtone someday. I also love music by Motoi Sakuraba. His music for the Golden Sun and Tales series are so awesome. I've got chills anticipating what he has in store for us musically in Golden Sun DS. I also like Sakuraba's music for the Baten Kaitos games, even though the games themselves were a bit lackluster, frankly. I'm also a huge fan of Yoko Shimomura. Her music for Super Mario RPG, as well as for the Mario & Luigi series keeps the whimsical feel of Koji Kondo's music from the regular Mario games, -which I also love, as well as the Zelda and Metroid music- while simultaneously injecting a feel of "typical RPG music" into it that just works superbly. I also love the music Michiru Yamane and other brilliant composers have done for the Castlevania series. It's like a crazy hybrid of gothic horror and rock n' roll that just suits the series perfectly. There are other game series whose music has grasped my attention over the years, but I figured I'd listen the more well-known examples.

Hachibei

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When it comes to video game OSTs, I mostly listen to stuff by Daisuke Ishiwatari (Guilty Gear, BlazBlue) and Shoji Meguro (Shin Megami Tensei).

As for remixes or covers, I'm a huge fan of ansgaros, CarboHydroM, Dr. Manhattan, and M-H/MasterHatchet. Check them out if you like hard rock/metal video game covers, a lot of their stuff can be found at Dwelling of Duels.

sKeEt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got lots of different things. I for one love the Follin's brothers NES work on games like Silver Surfer and Wolverine which I actually have as mp3's.

I love the atmospheric music of Metroid Prime (the first one only).

I have Capcom's release of Megaman X arranged album which remixes the tracks into a Funk/Jazz type sound

I have all the original tracks from Street Fighter 3rd Strike and the released arranged album and one of my favorites to listen to.

I have all Golden Sun music.

Axelay for the SNES has some of the best music ever in a video game.

Some of Hanz Zimmerman's work on Metal Gear.

A couple of real Gems from the Sonic Adventure titles such as "Sonic's Theme" (from the SA1 not the crappy remix found in SA2) which has a nice classic rock rhythm and great drums. "Open Your Heart" one of the best Sonic game main themes ever. Live and Learn was alright but not as good. "Rhythm and Balance...White Jungle Theme" from Shadows jungle stage in SA2. An incredible drum n' bass song. "Supporting Me...Biolizard" from the final boss encounter which is a lighter DnB song but still really good. Knuckles stage "Meteor Herd" which has terrible lyrics for a rap song but the music is great and the Pumpkin Hill song.

The first Devil May Cry had some nice little songs that incorporated some electronic and borderline DnB music. The first that capture my attention was "Lock N Load", a heavy ass beat. Another notable song is the Nelo Angelo boss battle themes. The end credits song was pretty good too. The sequels have good music too but changed the style from the original and has a particular artist composing the music which is still pretty good.

I guess if it counts, GTA Chinatown wars I have never actually played because when I get into a car and the radio comes on I just sit and listen to it. It's that game that got me into Deadmau5. Great music in that game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, LOL. Its very sunny, what are you on about?