Why can't we edit the title of our own topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdr9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
Just wondering..
Why can't we edit the titles of our topics that we create? Is there any certain reason?
It would be useful in cases where someone, for instance, creates a thread in the Wii Homebrew area advertising a homebrew program they made.
Some people like to have the current version of the program in the title, but this currently is not possible.

By the way, please correct me if I am wrong and there actually is a way to edit the title of a thread you made.

Thanks,
bdr9

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make it right the first time. Proof-read your threads before posting.

bdr9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Make it right the first time. Proof-read your threads before posting.
Did you read the example that I posted in my first post? There are some valid reasons that someone would want to edit the title of a topic they made.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Only forum staff can edit the titles of topics. If you need to have it done either request it in your opening post or PM a moderator.

Normal members can not change their topic titles so that threads stay on the original topic they were intended for and to keep things orderly. If people changed their topic titles on a whim it could confuse people searching for specific threads, and lead to the flow of the conversation in those threads being derailed half way through. Also its like this to avoid rare instances of "retaliation" topic name changes where flaming has occurred and things of that nature.

Hope that helps.

bdr9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
p1ngpong said:
Only forum staff can edit the titles of topics. If you need to have it done either request it in your opening post or PM a moderator.

Normal members can not change their topic titles so that threads stay on the original topic they were intended for and to keep things orderly. If people changed their topic titles on a whim it could confuse people searching for specific threads, and lead to the flow of the conversation in those threads being derailed half way through. Also its like this to avoid rare instances of "retaliation" topic name changes where flaming has occurred and things things of that nature.

Hope that helps.
Thanks, that does clear things up. I guess that is one of the many reasons that GBAtemp is a higher quality forum community than many others.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
bdr9 said:
p1ngpong said:

Normal members can not change their topic titles so that threads stay on the original topic they were intended for and to keep things orderly. If people changed their topic titles on a whim it could confuse people searching for specific threads, and lead to the flow of the conversation in those threads being derailed half way through. Also its like this to avoid rare instances of "retaliation" topic name changes where flaming has occurred and things things of that nature.

Hope that helps.
Thanks, that does clear things up. I guess that is one of the many reasons that GBAtemp is a higher quality forum community than many others.

Higher quality?! WE ARE THE HIGHEST QUALITY, WE HAVE A "MTHR!"

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
We need some degree of control to keep you peons in line.

But serious, what p1ngpong said is right. Giving members the right to change their topic titles could lead to all sorts of forum confusion. I know there are benefits as you said in your post bdr9, but unfortunately I don't think it would work too well if all members had that power. PM a mod if you need a title changed, it only takes a sec so it's no biggy for us.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I believe its even easier if you just Report your own topic with as reason your name change request and the new name. Just so you wouldn't have to bother one Mod who might be busy or something
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Stepcroc, I'm stuck.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Those are monitor lizards you dunce.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm funny. lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs and roasted potatoes came out good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching the first omen and so far it's not the priest doing the scaring
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Shouldn't the kid be the scary one?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The second omen: the chior boy gets his revenge
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reverse exorcist: it's when you hire a demon to remove the priest out of a small child.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hire Kendrick Drake possessed a minor again
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, I'd run away from his singing too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Drakes still allowed to use his Instagram
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like everyone has some great imaginary friends
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Yeah, that was insane.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Don't know what Drake was even thinking.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What every rich scumbag thinks that they can put their dick on anything and get away with it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I better hide my silicone Tifa doll
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What did Drake do, exactly? I don't follow celeb gossip.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Supposed accusations that Drake groomed a minor.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Allegedly groomed a 17 year old Instagram model or something along those lines
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yep, something like that.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1MJtV0UPI8