Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayingKarrde

Entered 77
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does this mean that if one were to buy this game it wouldn't run without using the update on the disc? And if so it would brick your Wii?

Damn... cause I was actually planning on buying this but not if it's going to kill my Wii.

If this is a new trend for Nintendo games then I guess I won't be buying anymore Wii games, only waiting until they are cracked. That really sucks.

I guess I could hope for a WiiKey update to allow playing of them, but who knows if that will come.

jergens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does this mean that if one were to buy this game it wouldn't run without using the update on the disc? And if so it would brick your Wii?

Damn... cause I was actually planning on buying this but not if it's going to kill my Wii.

If this is a new trend for Nintendo games then I guess I won't be buying anymore Wii games, only waiting until they are cracked. That really sucks.

I guess I could hope for a WiiKey update to allow playing of them, but who knows if that will come.
The update will not affect your ability to play the backups you already have, as mentioned a trillion times already in this thread. There is no harm in purchasing and playing the original.

PlayingKarrde

Entered 77
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry I actually copy pasted this from another thread but forgot to proof read :/

I actually know it won't kill my Wii, but if it DOES mean I won't be able to play anymore new originals due to increased protection then that kinda sucks. I like owning games that I really like. Mario Galaxy was one. Having a collection made up completely of backups kinda takes away the value of the games you're playing (if you know what I mean).

WarmWoollySheep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There will be no update for Wiikey. All drivechips write value 0x41 to the DVD RAM, and that's what Nintendo checks for.

D2CKey works only because Nintendo didn't know about it in time. Next big release I'm sure we'll see D2CKey fail as well.

Rulza

Trophies
XP
Country
http://www.d2ckey.com/
Super Mario Galaxy + D2CKey = True! - 2007-10-29

Various sites are reporting that backups of Super Mario Galaxy are working with D2CKey, but not with any other modchips! We have tested a backup of the USA version of SMG and can confirm that it does in fact work on the USA NTSC Wii with D2CKey. The USA version of SMG will not work on other region consoles, but we are confident that backups of other region versions of the game will work on other region consoles. We will post more news about this as soon as we can obtain original game discs from the other regions to test.

djgarf

I Am A Raver
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
if people dont stop flaming each other over such a pointless thing then we are going to start banning them
it's only a game and if you want to play it that much wait until retail date and buy it

A

alucard_xs

the "proper" version is a fake !!!!! I mean it's just the normal version.

Phange

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys, let me summarize all we know:

1. This is a disc-based check, not a firmware check. All of your old backups will still work, and will probably work forever.

2. You can still play authentic Wii games on your Wii, including future new games.

3. You never know, there may be a way to circumvent this like the way you can circumvent firmware updates.

ChriZRocKz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think, we can play the Game on D2B Boards with Wiikey! Keep CooL, coz theres no Proper Release to Download and to Test it.... I think, that PROMiNENT has a D2B Wii too! xD

Just Wait, until an working Release is released!
biggrin.gif

EDIT/ If the Copy detects the Chip, Why doesnt the Original detect the Chip!? Its all over an Big Fake, the biggest One in the Web!!! Release is on 16.11 (USA), but Japan Release is on the 01.11. It would make sense that an japanese Release got leaked and not an USA! So its the Whole Time the Crap Demo!

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Meh, oh well. So I guess that I get all games from up to this point free. And I'll have to pay for Galaxy and Brawl, since those are the 2 last Wii games I'm getting. (Unless a hack comes out hehe).

A

alucard_xs

"I think, we can play the Game on D2B Boards with Wiikey! Keep CooL, coz theres no Proper Release to Download and to Test it.... I think, that PROMiNENT has a D2B Wii too! xD " -> well ... did you read all the thread ?
wtf.gif

ddrrmm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aw damn this sucks, and people who are saying "you should buy the game" get outta the thread we're all here for another reason besides buying the game...at least for now

A

alucard_xs

"And the "Proper being the original version" doesn't make sense. A proper release is a re-release of a non-working release that now works Proper-ly. "

Sure and God exists.

Phange

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone explain something to me...

If you're running a legit copy of a game, most drive chips don't even turn on, right? So, it might as well not even be connected to the Wii?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I wonder why edibles haven't caught on for meth
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Locked down from government to dispensary
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In India it has, can't remember what its called yuka I think, they have a crisis like we have with fentanal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's why we need regulation :teach:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Speak to Psi, he'll offer you some in Tempycoin. :tpi:
    +1
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    Day after day, we drink beer, Night after night my heartbeat shows the fear
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Beer can be bad for your teeth
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    Teeth? What Teeth?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Do crack instead. Beer is more of a depressant.
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    I like taking trips without even leaving my house, if ya know what I mean.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hygienist name is Jose I'm like fuck Juan found me
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did he ask to see yo feet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Teeth
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's second cousin obsessed with teeth
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you wake up with your belt un-buckled?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Let me lift you up in my chair
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Down there, teeth removal is putting you behind an angry donkey.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Teeth removal is tying the donkeys hair to the tooth and slapping it's ass
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The cleaning stuff they used was actually nice tasted like frosting
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That'd be 2million pesos, drink this tequila for your pain.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Also buy my art senior don't forget what happened with Germany
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For reference, so everyone knows we are not racist, just like to pick on Juan, and he gives it back to us 'murdicans in return. I love me some latinos.
    +1
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    hello? anyone alive here?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm dead inside
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm dead inside