Wii #0879 - Disaster: Day of Crisis (Europe)

dogman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
well... IGN says it will be released on USA.. but they dont have a date (TBA 2009)
frown.gif

I've always had this dilemma. Could I get in any trouble playing this on my ntsc-u console? What I mean is, nintendo "should" have a way to check my savegames, and when they check that I've played a pal game, they could see that I've modded my console. Any word of advice?

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
Firstly, there is no way they will start checking save games, firstly that is invasion of privacy and probably illegal, secondly you could have got those saves on your wii by using freeloader, which is not illegal and neither is importing originals, ive been importing since the snes days.

Also, they have now gone past the X360 install base, what with around 23million Wii's sold... so long as it keeps selling you really think they will be checking wii for game saves? Considering maybe 10%, say even 20% of people actually have a modchip, this is minute compared to people who dont even know anythign about isos and chips!

Go ahead and play this fabulous game, you wont regret it.

Remove the Update first tho, so you dont add Europe Weather channels on your Wii. (Unless it is a PAL Wii)

Jebs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chinman said:
soapstar said:
Chinman said:
correct me if im wrong but i think this has the 3.3E update. it includes ios37 and wii system menu 354

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/System_Menu_Versions

I don't use the Twilight Hack, so does this 3.3 update have affect besides that ?
If not.. I can update safely ?

You only lose the ability to play trucha signed discs and the use of freeloader. twilight works on 3.3E, so you will either be able to install gecko os for your region free needs or you can use the custom ios downgrader to go back to 3.2E, so yeah its safe

Will all the trucha games be unplayable on 3.3? Sorry, kind of off topic. Haven't updated to 3.3 yet and have been out of the scene for a while.

Chinman

Trophies
XP
Country
Jebs said:
Chinman said:
soapstar said:
Chinman said:
correct me if im wrong but i think this has the 3.3E update. it includes ios37 and wii system menu 354

I don't use the Twilight Hack, so does this 3.3 update have affect besides that ?
If not.. I can update safely ?

You only lose the ability to play trucha signed discs and the use of freeloader. twilight works on 3.3E, so you will either be able to install gecko os for your region free needs or you can use the custom ios downgrader to go back to 3.2E, so yeah its safe

Will all the trucha games be unplayable on 3.3? Sorry, kind of off topic. Haven't updated to 3.3 yet and have been out of the scene for a while.

just tested, trucha signed discs work on 3.3 via gecko os, but you must start gecko before inserting disc or you get the error message. this is the same for games that have freeloader injected into the iso before burning. freeloader acts as an update that 3.3 has blocked, but luckily gecko skips updates

Comedor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's just me, or burning Wii games are getting harder month by month?

Can someone please tell me if Brickblock + RegionFrii will work on my NTSC-U console? I don't know how to work with this Truch-thing, but I have the Gecko OS.

Should I use Brickblocker + Geckos?

Thanks in advance
ph34r.gif

Jebs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chinman said:
Jebs said:

just tested, trucha signed discs work on 3.3 via gecko os, but you must start gecko before inserting disc or you get the error message. this is the same for games that have freeloader injected into the iso before burning. freeloader acts as an update that 3.3 has blocked, but luckily gecko skips updates

Many thanks for testing it out Chinman.

B1nk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Chinman said:

Thanks for the warning, could you please tell me wich tool i need to identify the update versions?
I use Wiu1.1 but this tool can't indentiy update versions above 3.0

Great game, a little slow at times, nice wii features in controlling the game.

It works with removed update on my PAL Wii on update 3.1EV3 (oa Sama da amigo)

RetroVortex

Trophies
XP
Country
Does this have the old 3.3E or the new one, because I'm a bit confused?

This could be the game I'm looking for (as I need a game with the old 3.3E update...)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason I was compelled to buy this.

The game is mostly 3rd person walking about looking for people to rescue and you help them buy waggling the wiimote. Some of this are fairly clever but also some are very obvious. This is broken up with light gun style shooting bits & the occasional driving bit. The lightgun segments are very clumsy, don't expect it to work as well as Ghost Squad or HotD2&3. The driving parts are pretty bad, the car controls very well its just that the game engine has this bad slowdown at times and ruins the experiance.

It seems like its trying really really hard to immitate US films with its over the top scenes, plot and swearing (a lot of the time the swears are just thrown in and you're not sure why), feels like a straight to DVD rip off of Day After Tomorrow. Some of the sections are very good but then some are very bad. Graphics at times look pretty damn fine, like a high end Wii game should but then there are sections that looks like a PSX game! No idea why this is like this!

The plot is bad, the voice acting is worse than the original Resident Evil but at times its actually fun in a cheesy campy way.

The game has a consistancy problem, some parts are very good, well thought out and clever and then there are others which are just so damn average it makes you wonder if Monolith abandoned the game and Nintendo quickly got someone cheap to finish it off in two weeks. In fact I'm sure that is what happened. The game feels like a bad Dreamcast game.

A broken game that could have been great fun. 5/10

I'm gonna take it back and exchange it for something else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious