Wii #1256 - Rune Factory Frontier (USA)

nfw

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, really enjoying this game so far. I'm getting seemingly random game freezes. Is anyone else having this issue? I'm using the backup launcher gamma.

mauroh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Tagg7 said:
mauroh said:
Question [I don't know if it's ok to ask here though...] How do I use the d-pad shortcuts? How do I assign items to the directional buttons?
You can't assign weapons/tools - only food, potions, etc. Do it on the second menu when you press +.

Oh... I see!! So it's not that useful, but... well, thanks anyway!

Omnigamer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.smashboards.com
XP
Country
United States
nfw said:
Hey guys, really enjoying this game so far. I'm getting seemingly random game freezes. Is anyone else having this issue? I'm using the backup launcher gamma.

From what I've heard, the game will run into DREs every so often when using the backup loader. It looks to be completely playable, aside from a few specific things, and then the rest of the freezes hit randomly, but not often. Freeze spots that I've heard:

-Any time you find a new book on the shelves in the rune archives
-Occasionally when synthesizing
-Occasionally when capturing monsters
-Occasionally after the wrist strap warning

FrostyWolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im getting movie lag, on the in game movies, not the intro. Also loading lag, on both loading screens and whenever the game is loading something like a menu or the mail box or whatever, much more so then a legit copy gives.

revol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get past a disc read error. I'm on Spring 11, Year One. I just had the first dream, and I woke up to a rainy day. But when I go outside, it can't load and I get a disc read error.

I've got a WiiKey, 3.2 I assume (how would I check?). I've burned two discs, one at MAX (16x) and another at 8x. It seems to make no difference; this is occuring at the same exact spot in the game.

nfw

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've got an update:

I re-burned the game at 2x speed and didn't use my computer at all while burning to minimize buffer issues. Since I've done this (after around 3 hrs of gameplay), there have been no freezes whatsoever. I'll post a follow up to this if I encounter a freeze, but for the time being, I'm assuming that the issue has been resolved.

Great game!

Sharu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
revol said:
I can't get past a disc read error. I'm on Spring 11, Year One. I just had the first dream, and I woke up to a rainy day. But when I go outside, it can't load and I get a disc read error.

I've got a WiiKey, 3.2 I assume (how would I check?). I've burned two discs, one at MAX (16x) and another at 8x. It seems to make no difference; this is occuring at the same exact spot in the game.
Try burning the disc at 4x, I did that and had no freezes or slow loading times until now (Spring 20).

And there's a cutscene when you go outside at that time, so it may be just a dre, but check if the ISO you got isn't corrupted somehow (it's unlikely, but depending of the place and method you used to get it, it's possible).

Swifty69

Trophies
XP
Country
I REALLY loved these games on DS, so as soon as i get my wii chipped i shall download
tongue.gif

Endogene

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Really great game, shame that I am stuck... Does anyone know how to unlock the "lava ruins"? I'm already summer 10th and i still don't know how to unlock it.

Sharu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Endogene said:
Really great game, shame that I am stuck... Does anyone know how to unlock the "lava ruins"? I'm already summer 10th and i still don't know how to unlock it.
There's a 150 pages PDF guide out already, it shouldn't be hard to find.

Anyway, after defeating the boss of the Green Ruins, the sprout next to the entrance to the Lava Ruins (on the Mountain Road) will grown up (it will become a tree with a small hole after a couple days), then insert a Tree Rune Stone there to enter the dungeon.

Endogene

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Sharu said:
Endogene said:
There's a 150 pages PDF guide out already, it shouldn't be hard to find.

Anyway, after defeating the boss of the Green Ruins, the sprout next to the entrance to the Lava Ruins (on the Mountain Road) will grown up (it will become a tree with a small hole after a couple days), then insert a Tree Rune Stone there to enter the dungeon.

Somehow can't manage to open up the door for the boss fight, might have missed some of the spawn points. I have no idea how to destroy the brown rock so maybe it is because of that.

How would this pdf file be called?

Endogene

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Sharu said:
There isn't a name really.... just search for "Rune Factory Frontier guide" and you must find it (at least on torrent sites).

Managed to find it, sure it will help me out a lot. Thanks for telling me that it existed.

zepherix

Trophies
XP
Country
Burnt it recently works fine for the most part, except when i spend a bit of time in the beach district, for some reason the game seems to freeze for a second or so then continues running, then will freeze again a few seconds later then contiunue again, runs fine soon as im out of the beach.

So is this normal for a burnt version or is there something horribly wrong with mine? Normally wouldn't be worried about it just the beach atm but really dont want to get disc read errors or crashes later on.

I'm running it on 3.2 E with Wii key 2, its been burnt at 4 x on a verbatim DVD-R, so far i tried reburning at 2x speed to a verbatim DVD-R, it prety much did the same thing cept for the added "feature" of disc read errors while trying to enter mountain road, and finally I reburnt it using a diffrent ISO at 4x speed on a Verbatim disc, I can get onto the mountain road now but the beach problem still exists.

Only thing I can think of is maybe its the media, or the burner. Any advice or input would be appriecated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/NXMhWNddhFc?si=XUiQMftDCjM-UMmw this yayo is better