Wii #1468 - Ashes Cricket 2009 (Europe)

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Chanser said:
Andrew Strauss I think.
Close, but it's Kevin Pietersen. He's out of the Ashes with an injury though.
I can't wait to try this, just about to burn it. I hope it's not as bad as people say it is.

kidhazy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dazz159 said:
If you get a freeze with USB loader change the CIOS to 223

What have you got CIOS 223 installed as ? (eg. IOS36, IOS37 merged with IOS36, IOS60 merged with IOS36)

I've tried CIOS 223 (IOS60 merged with IOS36), CIOS 222 (IOS36) and CIOS249 (rev12) and neither of these will get past creating a new profile.
(running USB Loader GX on System Menu 4.1E)

But given there's multiple ways of installing CIOS 223 you may have installed it differently.

The game does work using the save file, but it doesn't allow any new profiles to be created.

Thanks.

teeb1986

Trophies
XP
Country
kongsnutz said:
The profile i created for download is blank and unusued, specially made for you guys.

Hi
I cant get the save game to load. when i reset the wii i have to turn it off, it wont let me reset it. I go into load from sd card and there is nothing there. do i have to use all the sub folders?

dazz159

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kidhazy said:
dazz159 said:

What have you got CIOS 223 installed as ? (eg. IOS36, IOS37 merged with IOS36, IOS60 merged with IOS36)

I've tried CIOS 223 (IOS60 merged with IOS36), CIOS 222 (IOS36) and CIOS249 (rev12) and neither of these will get past creating a new profile.

But given there's multiple ways of installing CIOS 223 you may have installed it differently.

The game does work using the save file, but it doesn't allow any new profiles to be created.

Thanks.

LOL, forgot to put that in my post, CIOS 223, IOS37 merged with IOS36.

kidhazy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dazz159 said:
kidhazy said:
dazz159 said:

Thanks.

LOL, forgot to put that in my post, CIOS 223, IOS37 merged with IOS36.

Cheers dazz159 - I can confirm CIOS 223 (IOS37 merged with IOS36) will get you past the creating new profile hang when using USB Loader GX (System Menu 4.1E).

Thanks.

leemufc

Trophies
XP
Country
Bazildon said:
Who is that knob on the front cover?...i take it its some "famous" cricketer type??
i take you dont like cricket at all
hes kp one of the best batsmen in the world (even though hes a little big headed!!)

kidhazy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
teeb1986 said:
kongsnutz said:
The profile i created for download is blank and unusued, specially made for you guys.

Hi
I cant get the save game to load. when i reset the wii i have to turn it off, it wont let me reset it. I go into load from sd card and there is nothing there. do i have to use all the sub folders?
Yes, you have to use all the subfolders.

On the SD card you should end up with a directory structure like this:
\private\wii\title\R6KP

With the bin file in the last directory, otherwise the Wii won't recognise it as save data.

caddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
teeb1986 said:
kongsnutz said:

Hi

Yes you do. Copy/Paste the "Private" Folder onto your SD Card.

PJ6363

Trophies
XP
Country
Can confirm that file save works...many thanks to those who posted same!
Would love to know why this happens and if it might happen to other new titles....
Thanks again to all!!

Bazildon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bazildon.com
XP
Country
leemufc said:
Bazildon said:
Who is that knob on the front cover?...i take it its some "famous" cricketer type??
hes kp one of the best batsmen in the world (even though hes a little big headed!!)
Well I like playing cricket, but i don't follow it...if you see what i mean. Only done the batting tut in the game and it seems a bit wholly so far, but we'll see.

As for the person on the cover of this game - No offence meant, but you must admit he looks like a bit of a dick in that picture. Not the kinda guy you'd wanna be stood next to at lords watching some big ashes game or whatever. For a start all those old farts with facial hair who know what fecking hump "wisdens" is would keep frowning at you.

On the plus side he kinda reminds me of Joe from Family guy.....YEAH!!!!

bazross1969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the save
Baz
rolleyes.gif

Zarkz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bazildon said:
leemufc said:
Bazildon said:
Well I like playing cricket, but i don't follow it...if you see what i mean. Only done the batting tut in the game and it seems a bit wholly so far, but we'll see.

As for the person on the cover of this game - No offence meant, but you must admit he looks like a bit of a dick in that picture. Not the kinda guy you'd wanna be stood next to at lords watching some big ashes game or whatever. For a start all those old farts with facial hair who know what fecking hump "wisdens" is would keep frowning at you.

On the plus side he kinda reminds me of Joe from Family guy.....YEAH!!!!
Thanks, you gave me the inspiration to make this
128946751296528744.jpg

Borg

Trophies
XP
Country
I also get the dreaded freeze on make profile. I have added the SD files onto my SD but I still get the freeze at Make Profile. Should I do something else first ?

Thanks

Wii has been fiddled with and I'm starting the game from my HDD

bulldog7114

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if you have put the save file onto your sd card you must then transfer it to your wii memory. to do this click on disk mangement and keep clicking til you reach wii memory click sd and you should see your save file copy to wii memory.when you have done this load game and you should see ashes 2009 click and play

lee130580

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloaded file just put it onto memory card and it not showed up on wii. where do i put the folder or do i only transfare a certain file to memory card

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you win as england, do you have to sing "in england's green and pleasant..." with the wii mote held to your heart, y'know like 'full prat mode' ?

bmon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that it works flawless on 4.0U with original wiikey without any special savefile. Played over 2 hrs no freezing. Game is ok. Does anyone know how to edit the players name to their real names. Is it possible?

jigga

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys..
I have an NTSC system. Modded with a Wiikey. I Can't get this to work at all. (ASHES Cricket 09 - WIIERD ; PAL)
I used TDK DVD-R, one with IMGBURN and the other with NERO.
As soon as I hit "START" it goes black. My Wii-mote shuts off (I try to start it back but it doesn't) and nothing at all happens on the Wii.
I have a SONY Bravia XBR .. (don't know whether PAL is supported)

I understand that I need to allow the game to freeze, but I can't get there at all.
The weird thing is, I was able to copy the save file from the SD to the Wii. Tried to run the game again.
Guess what ??? .... same black screen
cry.gif

I'm very lost and don't know where to go.

HELP ME ..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off