Wii #1557 - Spyborgs (Europe)

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this game reminds me of Capcom's old Aliens VS Predator game.
The characters seem a bit similar but without the aliens.

The game seems like its worth a try at the least.
I just hope it plays like a good ol arcade beat em up.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've played around 20 odd levels and its a good game, though Capcom have done better scrolling fighters before.

Controls are great, and graphically I cant see it being better for the Wii. Its a damn good challenge too, most of us who complain about games being too easy will have a bit of a challenge here. I went straight for the hardest setting (adreneline) and it kicked my ass a lot and switched to a setting a little lower. Maybe its these DS games that have made me suck ass.

Anyone who is used to having check points may not like this as there isn't any. When you get killed you have to restart the level.

It is lacking charm though and the levels are purely "beat horde of enemies to advance" over and over. Most games get over this by having fancy set pieces but on this game there is nothing to make you think "cool, this game is great". I didn't at one point think "I'll eat later, I want to play more". When I felt like eating, I finished the level and turned it off. Older Capcom games like Aliens Vs Predator and even The Punisher had that "one more go" that kept you playing for hours.

Personally I enjoyed Madworld a lot more, it had a certain style and various gameplay elements that stopped it from being just another game in the genre while Spyborgs is just another game. Sure we'll go back to it with friends just like we do with many arcade Capcom fighters but most wont touch the single player mode after finishing it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A rare noob question from me:

Will it work with NeoGamma v7 and cIOS rev14? And auto-forced to NTSC? I don't really want to use a DVD only to know it won't work.

Anyway, definately want to give this a try. I love my beamups and this has gotten like around the 7.5 range for reviews, the only criticism being that it seems to not really push the genre. But I'm okay with that, since there's not a whole lot you can do to revolutionize the genre that hasn't been done.

huythach83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
A rare noob question from me:

Will it work with NeoGamma v7 and cIOS rev14? And auto-forced to NTSC? I don't really want to use a DVD only to know it won't work.

Anyway, definately want to give this a try. I love my beamups and this has gotten like around the 7.5 range for reviews, the only criticism being that it seems to not really push the genre. But I'm okay with that, since there's not a whole lot you can do to revolutionize the genre that hasn't been done.

It work well on my Korean NTSC Wii with 4.0U, USB Loader CFG, cIOS r14. No need to change any settings.

testatura

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
i am really really late,but

...yesterday after few beers, browsing through old games (both of us kinda sad cause dungeon siege 3 sucks) found this old gem my girl and I never played together cause it was too "macho" for her
biggrin.gif
and told me bro that we should try this,it has coop n shit

its amazing in coop,really hard,lots of fun and no brains, great frame rate and some really nice graphics, probably costs around 15 € nowadays so grab it and have fun!

cheers!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @yeager1239 read thru here and if not answered, create a thread and ask...