Wii #1909 - Tatsunoko vs Capcom Ultimate All Stars (USA)

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
delta123 said:
ganons said:
whats in the jap versions thats not in this?

minigame. you only get the one crap minigame in this one where as the japanese ones has one for each character. this one you only get the lost planet mecha minigame. and that was my least favourite one. best keep both versions. us for the fighing the jpn for the minigames.
whoa seriously? they removed each character's mini game for ONE mini game?! so weak.

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow just finished downloading this and said what the hell and jumped online, without knowing anything and ended up getting matched with a person with a 100% win record...... just my luck. I got pwned hard but was fun. The controls are noob friendly....I need to try this on classic controller, because playing on GC controller I kept doing quarter circles without trying. Got annoying fast, kept getting me caught in attacks.

duy64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For those still don't know yet, there are actually 2 versions of this game.
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes : this one is JAP only and NO wifi
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars : this one is all regions and has WIFI plus mini game and bonus stuff.

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Played it even more, feels really good. Tweaked the difficulty , and now it's moderately challenging even in Arcade. Doing the unlocking now. Will be trying online soon, but first- to get some proper training.

The ending scenes are a real letdown. Just static, not even animated, leave alone videos? Come on, Capcom, it's 2010, not 1995!

But I'm definitely supporting Capcom and getting the PAL release. Beautiful, quick, spectacular and arcade-style entertaining. A very solid effort. Along with the coming Monster Hunter- a very nice peace of support.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
S..o m..uc..h inp..ut l..a...g..

Hurry up Feb 2nd so my EU copy comes..

The people i fights connection is smooth and then my inputs dont come out and i get raped.

But great game. Hate the newendings, new music (except Tekkaman Blade), some of the overall display was changed unnecessarily..

The end boss is SO FUCKING EASY NOW. He used to be crazy hard.

The char select screen is fucking horrible why change that from the old one?

Zero sucks ass.. Frank is awesome. 10/10 game

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xshinox said:
delta123 said:
ganons said:

minigame. you only get the one crap minigame in this one where as the japanese ones has one for each character. this one you only get the lost planet mecha minigame. and that was my least favourite one. best keep both versions. us for the fighing the jpn for the minigames.
whoa seriously? they removed each character's mini game for ONE mini game?! so weak.
The PTX minigame has been updated and has been said by many reviewers to be great and had enough to be a WiiWare game. I hadn't played the minigames when I played the JPN version but I hear they are just a lot of waggle minigames. The PTX one looks like a lot of fun if you like retro styled gameplay. And about which one is superior? English version comes with MORE playable characters.

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
A nice balance between fighters means there's not always one combo of characters that everyone abuses
ryu/batsu
not because they're abusable, it seems like 60% of the not-that-great population of players uses this team because they're so bland

i'm a yatterman personally

also yeah, what the hell happened to yami, seriously

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
kosheh said:
Guild McCommunist said:
A nice balance between fighters means there's not always one combo of characters that everyone abuses
ryu/batsu
not because they're abusable, it seems like 60% of the not-that-great population of players uses this team because they're so bland

i'm a yatterman personally

also yeah, what the hell happened to yami, seriously
No wonder I was doing so well with them.. I just picked them randomly and I thought they were really good.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It was about f***ing time...!!
biggrin.gif

...not big fan of fighter tho

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seraph said:
xshinox said:
delta123 said:
ganons said:

The PTX minigame has been updated and has been said by many reviewers to be great and had enough to be a WiiWare game. I hadn't played the minigames when I played the JPN version but I hear they are just a lot of waggle minigames. The PTX one looks like a lot of fun if you like retro styled gameplay. And about which one is superior? English version comes with MORE playable characters.
Yeah.....2 whole new players. Wow that makes it SOOO much better...not. The things that were taken out outwiegh the things that were put in....and is ANYONE esle distrubed this game was only 1.41gbs @_@ THEY TOOK OUT THE ANIMATION AND ARENT EVEN USING A QUARTER OF THE DISK? WTF??? With the game being that small they could have modeled ALOT more characters and added ALOT more stages and KEPT the anime endings. With room to spare on the disk.

phillyrider807

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
silkyskeeter said:
Seraph said:
xshinox said:
delta123 said:
ganons said:

Yeah.....2 whole new players. Wow that makes it SOOO much better...not. The things that were taken out outwiegh the things that were put in....and is ANYONE esle distrubed this game was only 1.41gbs @_@ THEY TOOK OUT THE ANIMATION AND ARENT EVEN USING A QUARTER OF THE DISK? WTF??? With the game being that small they could have modeled ALOT more characters and added ALOT more stages and KEPT the anime endings. With room to spare on the disk.
Online>>>>>Anything that was taking out. Try Again.

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Icey said:
Then play the Japanese version and stop complaining.
If I wanted to play the japanese version I wouldnt complain about this one. Go troll someone else and stop acting like there is nothing wrong with this version. Even if you act like the japanese version doesnt exist, the low character selection choices, simplistic gameplay, unchallenging difficulty settings and AI and small disk usage on a 2009-2010 release from a BIG name gaming company just isnt up to standard calibur of the gaming label that made it. Really when it comes down to it the ONLY good thing about this game IS the online play. WoW and I was ACTUALLY gonna buy this. Im not supporting the company if its gonna make low production games like this one and then turn around and expect full price for it. I would expect this from some low name gaming company but not Capcom. I will let the Capcom fanboys have this one. With the disapointment of Street Fighter 4 and the rediculous FULL game that should have just been an expansion (Super Street Fighter 4) I should have guessed as much.

QUOTE(phillyrider807 @ Jan 26, 12:51 AM)Online>>>>>Anything that was taking out. Try Again.
How do you figure? Now if it was an online like DOA4, hell or even an online like SSBB I would agree with you. But it isnt. It isnt even well done online build.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this game on pre-order and suddenly I don't feel like paying full price for it.
I mean its Tatsunoko VS Capcom. An anime studio VS a game company.
How can you NOT have the animated endings?
Sure barely anyone would get the refrences but why should that matter?
Though licensing issues do tend to be a total pain in the states.
Plus the removed mini-games seems odd too.
I mean they were all rather crappy but why not keep them in anyway?
I like to get the true version of a game rather than play a gimped US version even if I can't understand it much.
I guess I might save my money and get the Japanese re-release instead.
Then see if I can hack the english text back in.
Gah, I really hate it when they gimp the US versions.

Oh well, maybe I could get the game anyway just for the pre-order collectors cards and then play it via backup until I'm sure I want to sell it for my money back.
I guess it'll support Capcom in the end anyway.... but would that mean that if they made SF4 for the Wii they'll take the story segments out too?
Eh, most likely not, but I really would have liked to have a complete product for the full price.

Also would have been awesome if Speed Racer was in it xD Would never happen with the licensing issues but I can dream ya?

Maybe for those of us who Pre-ordered the game and got the cards we could start a thread and share pictures of what cards we got.
Just for the heck of it eh?

Oh also downright loved the original Japanese version obviously.

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
This is a really great game still. Played the Jap version when it came... and this is some nice additions and final polish. When ever someone gets a 100% unlock save... please post it some where here on gbatemp, I'm too lazy to beat it 1000 times to unlock other characters. Thanks.

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rock Raiyu said:
Whats a good controller to play this with? I don't have any money for a fightstick but which is better, Classic Controller or the Gamecube Controller to get the most out of the game?
Well its a 3 button fighter, so either or is good to use. But just from my personal experience, if you have big hands and/or big fingers you should go with the classic controller. I used the gamecube controller at first and the directional pad on the gamecube control is so small it registered me doing quarter circle commands when I was just trying to press forward. Got annoying. If you have small hands either is fine.

Video of my failures of using the gamecube controller to play this game online. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwoYbCC86Jw

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I found it funny cause many many years ago, had a roommate in college that did this same dumbass...