Wii #2169 - Gunblade NY & L.A. Machineguns Arcade Hits Pack (USA)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
demieg said:
graphics look like crap. but if you like retro-games like virtua cop, this is the game for you
nayps3.gif

FYI, for Youtube vids, don't put the full URL, just the numbers at the end. For example, in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgSPaXgAdzE, you just put the YgSPaXgAdzE (that was the easiest video to find for me since it was already in my history, so sorry if you don't like Beck).

Also, it's probably a rather straight-up port from the arcade games. Ghost Squad had crap graphics from the looks of it but from what I've heard it was a pretty solid arcade shooter.

stingray1059

Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
demieg said:
graphics look like crap. but if you like retro-games like virtua cop, this is the game for you
nayps3.gif

FYI, for Youtube vids, don't put the full URL, just the numbers at the end. For example, in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgSPaXgAdzE, you just put the YgSPaXgAdzE (that was the easiest video to find for me since it was already in my history, so sorry if you don't like Beck).

Also, it's probably a rather straight-up port from the arcade games. Ghost Squad had crap graphics from the looks of it but from what I've heard it was a pretty solid arcade shooter.

my favorite wii arcade shooter is ghost squad. graphics may not be good but the gameplay and fun factor is superb.
wii is the best console for those kind of arcade games.

too bad there will be no time crisis for the wii.

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
I hope Sega contiune release their back log of Arcade shooters, would like to see:

Alien 3: The Gun (This may now be possible as Sega have gotten the Alien license back again)
Jurassic Park (Not sure about licensing on this)
Lost World (Not sure about licensing on this)
Lets Go Jungle!
The House Of The Dead (Come on Sega why wasnt this included with 2&3!!!!)
House Of The Dead 4
Rail Chase
Virtua Cop
Virtua Cop 2
Virtua Cop 3
Confidential Mission
The Ocean Hunter
Vampire Night

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guild McCommunist said:
demieg said:
nayps3.gif

Actually I think they did a hell of a job in porting this games over this time around.

In fact, previous games ( Ghost squad and such ) didn't support wide screen, it was a simple 4:3 stretched.I had to fiddle with my TV remote all the time to find a proper aspect ratio. I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered that this game had proper wide screen resolution, in fact all the menus , the cross air and fonts are properly displayed at 16:9, so you get a round cross air instead of an oval one, however the game engine and rendering is stretched, albeit it's less noticeable this time around because the hud is not, and it's still rendered at a higher resolution..
It shows that they put some care into the conversion, and it's certainly a nice game to pick up in the spare time for some casual shooting action.
If they port more games, they'd be very much welcome.
Of course the source material is dated, but this in an example of how things should be done from now on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1