Wii #2326 - Sonic Colours (Europe)

WilliamAlanBaile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just going to throw this question out there one more time... can anyone tell me if you can force NTSC in this version or do you have to use component cables with an hdtv

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
WilliamAlanBailey said:
Just going to throw this question out there one more time... can anyone tell me if you can force NTSC in this version or do you have to use component cables with an hdtv
Yes, Ive got nearly 30 pal games that I play with Force NTSC and via composite cables to my crappy old non-hd tv. The only game I havent been able to work is Mad Dog Mcree (get a blue screen with an "Invalid TV Format" error"). There is no problems at all, no stretching, no color issues, nothing.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Doez it workz on PAL lol!?

No
tongue.gif
Just kidding!

Been looking forward to this since it was announced (and everyone thought it was going to be a kiddy game). everything looked better and better with each trailer
smile.gif
I think I'll achieve this one way or the other... probably test it before I buy it
wink.gif

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Crass said:
CarbonX13 said:
Whoa, was it supposed to be out this early in Europe or was it just a very early scene release?
Its 4 days ahead of the release date, early for a Wii game, but nothing mindblowingly amazing.
Ah, I thought it was this was to be released somewhere later this month. Got mixed up with another title. Still, 4 days ahead is still quite early.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
shaunj66 said:
Hmm it's not a bad Sonic game which is a relief. It's basically daytime unleashed, which is a good thing, but I still don't like how most of the level is almost automated. And the controls don't seem as tight as Unleashed (but I never played the Wii version of that). Good game so far though. Enjoyable, and the custscenes are quite fun. It's nice to see them take a light hearted attempt rather than a serious one for once.

I still MUCH MUCH prefer Sonic 4 though.

Basically, Sonic 4 is just a remake of Sonic 1 & 2 with shitty physics.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Juanmatron said:

Now here we go!

I really tried to like Sonic 4. I was going to be perfectly content with offering next to nothing original outside of its name. But those controls and physics were just far too broken. And I just don't mean "different". I mean "so completely arbitrary and incompetent that most of the game's difficulty stemmed from wrestling with them".

ONTOPIC: Boy oh boy, am I hopeful for this game. In recent days I've scoured the internet in search of more and more gameplay footage to drool over until this games' release. It looks to be pure, unadulterated Sonic goodness, the way it was supposed to be since Sonic Adventure.

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
WilliamAlanBailey said:

You'll need an HDTV and Wii Component Cables then it will be fine. Not sure if the NTSC & PAL saves are compatible.
If you have a standard tube TV and regular A/V cables, then it will be black & white if you're in a NTSC region.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Juanmatron said:
shaunj66 said:
Hmm it's not a bad Sonic game which is a relief. It's basically daytime unleashed, which is a good thing, but I still don't like how most of the level is almost automated. And the controls don't seem as tight as Unleashed (but I never played the Wii version of that). Good game so far though. Enjoyable, and the custscenes are quite fun. It's nice to see them take a light hearted attempt rather than a serious one for once.

In your opinion and that's fine. But I really enjoyed Sonic 4. Yes the physics could have been better. I sometimes don't understand how SEGA manages to cock things up... Was it that hard to use the same physics as Sonic 1 through 3? But having said that, the levels in Sonic 4 weren't designed to be played with the old school physics. The levels are designed around the new "improved" physics and I thought the game was very good on its own merit. Nowhere near as good as the Godliness of Sonic 3 but at least better than Sonic Rush.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
shaunj66 said:
Juanmatron said:
shaunj66 said:

In your opinion and that's fine. But I really enjoyed Sonic 4. Yes the physics could have been better. I sometimes don't understand how SEGA manages to cock things up... Was it that hard to use the same physics as Sonic 1 through 3? But having said that, the levels in Sonic 4 weren't designed to be played with the old school physics. The levels are designed around the new "improved" physics and I thought the game was very good on its own merit. Nowhere near as good as the Godliness of Sonic 3 but at least better than Sonic Rush.

No... Really... Sonic Rush´s MUCH BETTER.. Has better scenarios, faster physics, and so..

Sonic 4´s retarded... It COULD´ve been better than Sonic Rush..

Zantagor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kupo3000 said:
WilliamAlanBailey said:

You'll need an HDTV and Wii Component Cables then it will be fine. Not sure if the NTSC & PAL saves are compatible.
If you have a standard tube TV and regular A/V cables, then it will be black & white if you're in a NTSC region.

Really? Most games works if you force in NTSC, only one recently that I remember not working was Samurai Warriors 3. Most games usually have 50hz/60hz in it hence why people asking if you can force NTSC.

Since no one seems to want to answer this simple question, I'll have to waste 3.7GB of my monthly bandwidth to test it myself.

Added:

Well, according to the place I'm getting it from
"Works fine on my NTSC-U Wii off HD using Wii Flow."

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just got around to emulating Sonic Colours, sadly HUD graphics don't display for some reason, but you can still enjoy the first two levels quite nicely.
I look forward to playing this on my Wii.

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm just done World 1 and it's boss battle and starting World 2... and by golly I think they finally got it... i think they've finally made a good 3D Sonic! They've added some new elements (laser, drill, etc)... but this time they don't actually take away from the classic Sonic formula of fun.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DjFIL said:
I'm just done World 1 and it's boss battle and starting World 2... and by golly I think they finally got it... i think they've finally made a good 3D Sonic! They've added some new elements (laser, drill, etc)... but this time they don't actually take away from the classic Sonic formula of fun.

Hmm, drill...where have I seen that before?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    depends on how long you can endure
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as you stay on Juan's good side you'll be fine
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    also don't go to politics forum
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    unless u want to
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    EAT LOTS OF ORANGES :P
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat mor Chikn!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh and you aren't allowed to make @Psionic Roshambo cry only once a week
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    oh and you get paid 90% below minimum wage
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    (xp doesn't grow on trees y'know)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get on my level
    Ken I use those tears as lube lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sodium benefits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sodiumchickentirade
    Lol Ken looks like the one in my shower
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hell no
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks like a brown recluse
    Fun times lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Property management just be like stop being a little bitch and get bit
    Step one: Put it in the microwave. Step two: get it to bite you. Step three: gain spiderman powers!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Swing from the penis
    +1
  • light27 @ light27:
    what
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mike Jones
  • light27 @ light27:
    someone take away that spider
  • light27 @ light27:
    call sps
    light27 @ light27: call sps