Link00y

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I fail to get why people even attempt forcing to install TP Hack savegames using Savegame hackers. What's the point?
This works on modified Wiis and you probably already have the HBC. This does not help unmodified Wiis at all!

Sorry to react this way!

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Thats the WORST move Nintendo EVER MADE!

First they only add ONE single USELESS feature! Nobody wants that feature anyway.
And then they tell everyone this will delete the Twilight Save....

Thats the LAMEST move EVER!

Nobody would want to upgrade to 3.3U becourse it gives them NOTHING in return.

And they didn't even add IOS37!

Nintendo you are official STUPID!

Chinman

Trophies
XP
Country
although this is bad news now, this is good news in the long run. this will accelerate the work towards a custom firmware and a woe free future. this is what happened on the psp. sony constantly came up with updates to stop people using homebrew, and some clever guys came up with clever ways that over came each one, eventually custom firmwares were released which made life a whole lot easier, sadly the good games were few and far between, probably because there were a lot more people playing isos, rather than playing legit games on the psp, and therefore killing interest in development of games for the psp.

which you could say is a bad thing with custom firmwares but i dont think will apply to the wii, as the wii is a much more popular console than the psp

sphere9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Update 4: It’s interesting to look at the timestamps here. The System Menu has a build marker of “systemmenu.rvl.0803060727″ – yes, that’s March 6, 2008, 07:27. This update to the menu only accomplished one thing, as far as I can tell — the blocking of the TP hack. (I guess we can count the IOS30 patch together with it.) They spent 3 months testing it — this isn’t actually that surprising, when you consider the potential financial damage if they roll an update out that bricks Wiis.

Congrats to tmbinc and tehpola for finding a combination of two bugs in the code that Nintendo added that — when combined — allow us to fool their check into ignoring the TP hack. More info will be forthcoming — I still wouldn’t rush to update my system, anyway.

This still leaves the issue of how to deal with IOS30; there are several different ways to deal with this — some of which have already been released by people — and we’ll need to take some time to decide on the best one to use and test it thoroughly. There’s no urgency here, no need to rush into something.

DoyleBrunson

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sphere9 said:
Congrats to tmbinc and tehpola for finding a combination of two bugs in the code that Nintendo added that — when combined — allow us to fool their check into ignoring the TP hack. More info will be forthcoming — I still wouldn’t rush to update my system, anyway.

This still leaves the issue of how to deal with IOS30; there are several different ways to deal with this — some of which have already been released by people — and we’ll need to take some time to decide on the best one to use and test it thoroughly. There’s no urgency here, no need to rush into something.

Can you break that down into something a 75 year old man can understand? Will there be a way for people to use twilight hack/trucha signed stuff on 3.3 updated Wii's in the future etc? Sorry for my ignorance.

fwiw I haven't updated but my friend did which made me check this site before I updated.

Loginer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sphere9 said:
Update 4: It’s interesting to look at the timestamps here. The System Menu has a build marker of “systemmenu.rvl.0803060727? – yes, that’s March 6, 2008, 07:27. This update to the menu only accomplished one thing, as far as I can tell — the blocking of the TP hack. (I guess we can count the IOS30 patch together with it.) They spent 3 months testing it — this isn’t actually that surprising, when you consider the potential financial damage if they roll an update out that bricks Wiis.

So it takes Nintendo over 3 months to stop the Twilight Hack, while it takes the homebrew scene 1 day to find a way around it? Impressive.

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sorry if i join the general craziness... not that it does matter much since i don't intend to update and haven't turned on the wii for a while but i'm curious and want to know... does this stop trucha signed game/freeloader too?

sphere9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Richy Freeway said:
tW34k said:
Why on earth would they make an update that only allows people to move their Mii's...
In the hope that people will install it, then not be able to run the TP hack...

like me
frown.gif

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
And again I will completely remove my connection settings from my Wii. No updates for me anymore. Not until I'm 110% sure that it's safe again.

I'm so proud of the brave and the smart ones amongst us (which I'm clearly not) that can fix this for the homebrew community. Another day, another workaround I reckon.

Exort

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sphere9 said:
Update 4: It’s interesting to look at the timestamps here. The System Menu has a build marker of “systemmenu.rvl.0803060727? – yes, that’s March 6, 2008, 07:27. This update to the menu only accomplished one thing, as far as I can tell — the blocking of the TP hack. (I guess we can count the IOS30 patch together with it.) They spent 3 months testing it — this isn’t actually that surprising, when you consider the potential financial damage if they roll an update out that bricks Wiis.

I wonder, how the hell did they managed to find the bug. Wouldn't the source code be necessary for this? Did they had access to it in any way? I'd be very interested in seeing such code.

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Because unauthorized modifications
to save files may impair game play
or the Wii console, updating to Wii
Menu version 3.3 will also check for
and automatically remove such save files.

^^^
I laughed when I saw that part before I went to bed last night. All I though was "That sucks for the people who use Twilight Hack".

I would be pissed too but my brother won't let me use the Twilight Hack or mod our Wii. So I have nothing to worry about. I still didn't update though, Just incase.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh