Hacking Wii backup loader......looks real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DaveMode said:
Thanks gbatemp and the whole cast of characters here for making this a fun and interesting read. It has all the elements of a good story. Solid plot, anticipation, surprises, back stabbing... this thread's got it all.

I mean who could have predicted that this would have been leaked by one of the... I don't know like 50 beta testers out there? The fact that this surprised anyone at all is what's truly surprising.

I lol'ed.
I appreciate the use of the phrase "cast of characters"

anyways...this is sad news indeed for you who are unchipped.
seriously, couldn't wait like one week.

The funny thing is, the REAL conspiracy was probably a couple folks said, "hey, lets promise not to leak it so we can get it, and then turn right around and do exactly that in under 5 minutes! we'll be famous!" I know one dude did not just leak it without anyone egging him on....who triple dog dared him?

now everyones like, oh crap....we suck at life.

The saddest thing is, waninkoko probably would have released the SOURCE with the official release....so....totally pwned.

killer626

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've been ghosting on these forums for a while now, and I've only registered now to reply here.

I agree that this is a breakthrough for wii homebrew, as the softmod always is, but it wasn't worth leaking. We've been waiting for a softmod since the wii came out, and we could have waited a few more weeks for Waninoko to finish the loader. However, now that it has been leaked, it can't be stopped, so its really no use arguing over who's to take blame for this.

On another note, has anyone gfound what the Title Identification Error ret = -4100 is?

I've got a PAL Wii, bought on the day of releases here in France (8th December), running 3.1E, and the homebrew channel with the loader. I've followed everything there was to do and I'm still getting the error, whatever disc I try (I burned the patched iso's on Verbatim DVD+R at 4x). Any ideas?

Also, I haven't tried to update my wii to 3.2 to see if the error goes away. Should I? How can I update the wii from 3.1E to 3.2E, knowing the the internet update should take me to 3.3...

Thanx
Killer626

naes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
LeonardoGolden said:
Apparently if you just ask Wanin, you can test the thing. Just like that. This is from another forum:

my gosh, if you want the loader that bad, ask the owner. i sent him a nice, well written email formally requesting it, and he sent me his MSN and sent me the loader.

rickey says: (4:17:36 PM)
i sent an email a while back, inquiring about beta-testing the backup-loader, you told me to contact you, i replied some info, and, well here we are.
Waninkoko says: (4:17:56 PM)
I was a bit busy
tongue.gif

rickey says: (4:18:03 PM)
understandable
Waninkoko says: (4:18:09 PM)
wanna test it?
rickey says: (4:18:16 PM)
yes please
Waninkoko says: (4:18:20 PM)
ok
Waninkoko says: (4:18:23 PM)
get this

Waninkoko says: (4:18:32 PM)
http://wii.waninkoko.info/CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad
Waninkoko says: (4:18:34 PM)
Install it with WAD Manager
Waninkoko says: (4:18:51 PM)
also, you'll have to install DVDX over IOS249 (this is something temporary)
rickey says: (4:19:00 PM)
okay

Waninkoko would like to send you the file "backup-creator_v1.zip" (26 Kb). Transfer time is less than 1 minute with a 28.8 modem. Do you want to
(Ctrl+T) or
(Ctrl+D) the invitation?

Transfer of file "backup-creator_v1.zip" from Waninkoko has been accepted. Starting transfer...
Waninkoko says: (4:19:09 PM)
this is to create valid ISOs

You have successfully received
backup-creator_v1.zip
from Waninkoko. Before opening this file, you may want to scan it with a virus-scanning program.

Waninkoko would like to send you the file "dvd-backup.dol" (212 Kb). Transfer time is less than 2 minutes with a 28.8 modem. Do you want to
(Ctrl+T) or
(Ctrl+D) the invitation?

Transfer of file "dvd-backup.dol" from Waninkoko has been accepted. Starting transfer...
Waninkoko says: (4:19:27 PM)
and this is the backup-loader

do you call this a leak ? I call this a deliberate and indirect public distribution

and if you are looking for soemone to bash, I don't think zant is the one

zant said:
ill contact him thru email. I promise *not* to leak ANYTHING if I get the files. They will be kept on a backup hard drive, under an encryption key.

naes said:
Awesome, I got the file.

If allowed, I'll post the Rapidshare link.

Haven't tested it.

QUOTE(naes @ Sep 19 2008, 05:20 AM)
Ah, forget it. I'll post it. I don't want to be flooded.

I haven't tested it, but here's the link.

http://rapidshare.com/files/146449970/wii_loader.rar.html
I wasn't the one who leaked it. Even linkinworm and Waninkoko said it was Zant.

All I did was hit control C and control V.

hecz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If im not mistake all people that have 3.1 firmware (like me) get the error -4100.

How do I update to 3.2u without a game?

costalios

Trophies
XP
Country
i made an account today after finding out a certain beta has been leaked.
i was eagerly awaiting the release in a week from now.
but it has been abandoned.
so this is a message to waninkoko.

please don't abandon such an exciting project. because of the ignorance of some idiots.
it is really not worth it.

and this is a message to the leaker
FUCK YOU

teeyaha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok , Trying The force unleashed

Mine not working with Memorex DVD+R
Have tried with Nero, x16 and x2.4
Also Imgburn x4

Has anyone got a DVD+R to work cause thats all i got at home, or does it absolutely have to be DVD-R

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
wait...this is the same guy who pretty much used knowledge told to him in confidence by bushing to make apps that wernt really 100% safe and that bushing didnt want released? Then someone shares something that was given to him in confidence and hes whinging about it?

wheres the logic in that?

chromemolly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Perhaps a donation will make him think about further developing of the Project... I just a made a donation, although
i have a modchip. Wanin made the greatest Apps in my opinion. Big respect.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys this sucks...I know I'm just adding to the noob help, buttttt

After patching the ISO, got a file named partition, etc.

I see the new partition file is like, 7,000,000+KB, when the normal ISO was about 4,000,000+KB..

Now when I try to burn partition using ImgBurn, it says not enough space on disk. When I'm using a 4.7GB DVD+RW disk.

So I'm guessing you need a DL disk? Forget that then, not wasting money on a DL disk set.

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Drama.

Let the guy stop his project if he wants.

But, I'm sure he'll continue playing around with it for personal use. As a programmer, I don't think he'll be able to keep away from it!

In the future, perhaps he'll release it, perhaps he won't.

Everyone is treating him like the kid with the basketball who got hurt and is now going home and taking the ball. Talking like he's having a tantrum. It's definitely the other way around. As JPH said earlier, there is really only one use for this... stealing games. Everyone just sounds upset that they can't steal games.

Got a problem with it? Go program an iso loader yourself.

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
waninkoko said:
Backup-Loader is now an abandoned project. Congratulations, enjoy that version that has lots of bugs (yes, lots of bugs are not fixed).
Good luck with your other projects. Too bad we will not get to see a finished version as it would be one of the greatest homebrews anyone ever came up with, although I totally respect your decision.
Well, that's what you get for not having a little bit of patience...

Red Machine D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're canonising Waninkoko as the patron saint of butthurt on Monday afternoon. There will be refreshments, and my girlfriend has already said she'll bake some cookies. Everyone's invited.

Seriously, who releases a project like this to a bunch of people he doesn't even know - people from the goddamn INTERNET - and then gets all teary-eyed and bitter when someone leaks it? Was he the last person to know that nobody from the internet is ever to be trusted with anything?

Oh well, I was hoping to use this for some interesting applications of Wii hardware. Thanks, Waninkoko!

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LMAO

This is a big FU to pirates, really, I've seen someone say he was depressed about the loader not being out... LMAO!!

WTF?

People are that desperate to be able to read backups without a modchip? I mean. COME ON!

Waninkoko shouldn't have allowed more people to use this, see what it lead to?

My Wii is modded, and I don't use it much anyways... Serves you right you hungry pirates.

BTW LOL at all the accounts created just for this... LMAO

I don't know what bugs are in this loader, I don't know what games will not work, but I know one thing, This leak certainly wasn't worth it. Eh guys?

Martino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
waninkoko said:
Backup-Loader is now an abandoned project. Congratulations, enjoy that version that has lots of bugs (yes, lots of bugs are not fixed).

frown.gif
2 bad, but i can understand your decision. Maybe when you cool down you might give it another go
wink.gif
anyway you got a donation coming your way
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: bitches