Hacking Wii backup Manager for Windows

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
I've been told that the Traditional Chinese language file was Google translated, sorry about that. I'll use a different one in the next release.

@icebrg5
Have you seen the jobs page? Any failed downloads will be in the finished list with the status show as "failed". If you expand the entries, you'll see why it failed.

To see progress for the currently highlighted game, use OpenGL or Direct3D with the Target FPS at about 10 and "Show progress bars" ticked.

@2FastLX
Have a look at the storage convention options under FAT32/NTFS in the settings. You can choose whether to use sub-folders and the naming convention for the files and folders.

To automatically rename the folders when you mount a drive, enable "Automatically update storage convention...." or you can use "Tools->FAT32/NTFS->Update storage convention" from the menu on the drive pages.

I thought the icon looked OK, but I'm using the default Aero theme in Win7. Maybe I should just use the old icon again..

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been using the .3.6beta1 before and when i upgraded the the latest build i never noticed the job tab.

Works great and thanks again for this great app

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How about an option that lets you select all games that already have covers downloaded.That way you can invert the selection and only download the ones you need.

I know if you select all the games and then download all covers it will skip the games that already have covers.

I use wiiflow to play everything and it displays the full covers and if full covers are not available for the game then it displays the flat cover but with no back image so here is what i am wanting to do.

Download all full covers through wiibackup manager.

Select an option that check marks all the games that have full covers.

Then invert the selection so only games with no covers are selected.

Then download the flat covers for these games through wiibackup manager.

recacer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, yesterday i was thinking something similar to what icebrg5 stated.

was wondering if it was possible, or even worth it, to have cover columns. one for disc, flat, 3d, and full. have wbm recognize which cover has been dl'd, then place a check mark in the appropriate column. this way one can quickly see which covers have been or need to be dl'd.

@ fig... lol, i didn't bother trying to select the same drive letter again. my bad. also, i didn't realize wbm auto-converted iso to wbfs. i though i had to select it since the option was there in the transfer tab.

seriously fig... great program!

2FastLX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I noticed a small bug...

I had Wii Backup Manager open, two drives were already selected. I had been transferring files back and forth. When I plugged in a 3rd USB drive and went to select it in the list I noticed it had the same drive letter as one of the other drives. It showed "W" when it should have showed "K". Here's a couple screen shots of the drive list in Wii Backup Manager and My Computer.

hard-drive-label-error.gif

hard-drive-list.gif

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
This is getting weirder. Now WiiBackupManager-0.3.7Build58 now only listing 18 games. But explorer and WiiFlow find and play 180+

I've now no idea what is going wrong.

Sometimes when adding two files one will not appear but the other one does.

is a NTFS formated drive and stored as wbfs.

ratt1972

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mind shows all 32 games that i have that is weird . the beta had that problem n,not this version.
same set -up as yours. send the log file out to fig ,so he can see what's going on.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@icebrg5
Maybe I should do preset menu functions for different loaders. eg. For WiiFlow, I would create a job for each game that contains the URLs for the full cover and also the URLs for the flat cover. So if the full cover isn't found, then the flat cover is downloaded automatically.

Downloading the covers using a preset would ignore all the cover settings, except maybe the base folder and the URLs.

It would be much easier than doing it manually.
smile.gif

@2FastLX
I use 3 methods to get the drive list so it should show up everything possible. There must be a bug in the duplicates removal., so the wrong drive entry was removed. There's only one place the bug could be, I'll get it fixed.

@fluffykiwi
Like ratt1972 said, send me the log. It's hard to tell what's wrong without it. I've fixed a lot of things that were causing that problem, but obviously not everything yet.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@fluffykiwi
Can you send me one of the old logs from the logs folder? I have a feeling that one of the games you deleted might've been corrupt, that's why it works now. If I can confirm that, I might be able to fix it so it doesn't happen in future. Cheers.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
For anyone that's interested in removing the 500 game limit on WBFS. I did some messing around with the CFG source and got some good results, but I hit a brick wall because the libWBFS code in the cIOS needs changed too for the games to boot.

This is basically a double post from what I left for Wiimm to read on his thread, so I'll stick it in a spoiler to hide it from the mods.
tongue.gif

This slightly different to what I have in my own code because there's some limitations, like SDHC is hard coded to use a sector size of 512 etc. My solution will work with that.

I introduced a new "hd_sec_sz_ratio" variable to wbfs.c. This is the ratio between the real sector size and the fake sector size set in the WBFS header. In wbfs_open_partition() it's calculated like this..

CODEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂp->hd_sec_sz = 1hd_sec_sz_s = head->hd_sec_sz_s;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂp->n_hd_sec = wbfs_ntohl(head->n_hd_sec);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂhd_sec_sz_ratio=(p->hd_sec_sz)/(hd_sector_size?hd_sector_size:512);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (!reset)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ{
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂwbfs_free(head);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂhead = wbfs_ioalloc(p->hd_sec_sz);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂread_hdsector(callback_data,p->part_lba,1*hd_sec_sz_ratio,head);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ}
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif(!force_mode && hd_sector_size && head->hd_sec_sz_s !=ÂÂsize_to_shift(hd_sector_size*hd_sec_sz_ratio))
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂERROR("hd sector size doesn't match");
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif(!force_mode && num_hd_sector && head->n_hd_sec != wbfs_htonl(num_hd_sector/hd_sec_sz_ratio))
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂERROR("hd num sector doesn't match");

The default value is 1 and it should be reset to 1 before reading the header for the first time in wbfs_open_partition() too so the header is read with the real hd sector size first.

Every call to read_hdsector() and write_hdsector() then looks similar to this..

Code:
 p->read_hdsector(p->callback_data,p->part_lba +(lba*hd_sec_sz_ratio),count*hd_sec_sz_ratio, p->head);

And that's it. What happens is that the read calls will return a full "fake sector" of data for every real sector requested. So with a fake size of 1024, internally libWBFS would use a sector size of 1024 and the file reads would use 512*2.

I've tested a build of CFG and a pen drive with a fake sector size of 1024. I was able to rip a valid game from disc, all games show up fine, the banner music plays and the dol shows up fine in the alt dol selection menu. I then transferred the DVD rip from WBFS to ISO using WBM and ran the game fine in Dolphin.

Right, so here's the big brick wall... I got a bit confused as to why the games wouldn't boot on the Wii from CFG when everything seems to be working. I just found out from oggzee that the cIOS uses it's own version of libWBFS. So all my changes mean nothing because it needs changed in the cIOS too.

I can send the working code from CFG to anyone that's interested. It's really nothing more than what I've posted above, but it could save some time.

azurenights

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I am using the latest build of the Wii Backup Manager, (it is an awesome program by the way), but am encountering errors when trying to transfer from a .iso to a .ciso file. I get the error when the .ciso file generated is bigger than 2GB. If the .ciso file being generated is under 2GB, Wii Backup Manager runs fine. Here is what shows up on the log:

23:11:10 AddFilesThread Found disc RSBE01 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
23:11:10 AddFilesThread Valid discs found 1
23:11:10 AddFilesThread Thread terminated
23:12:07 FilesToCISOThread Thread started
23:12:07 WiiDisc.DoPartition IOS Version 36
23:12:07 WiiDisc.ExtractCISOToFile Created file F:\~1E1A.tmp
23:12:39 FilesToCISOThread Exception raised Access violation at address 0054DD98 in module 'WiiBackupManager.exe'. Read of address 5A1731B4
Stack trace:
[0054DD98]{WiiBackupManager.exe} WBFSUtils.be32 (Line 376, "wbfsUtils.pas" + 0)
[005BA52C]{WiiBackupManager.exe} WiiDisc.TWiiDisc.ExtractCISO (Line 2634, "wiidisc.pas" + 101)
[005B9B6A]{WiiBackupManager.exe} WiiDisc.TWiiDisc.ExtractCISOToFile (Line 2493, "wiidisc.pas" + 19)
[0061A52C]{WiiBackupManager.exe} Threads.TFilesToISOThread.Execute (Line 3035, "Threads.pas" + 303)
[00451D96]{WiiBackupManager.exe} Classes.ThreadProc
[00406F98]{WiiBackupManager.exe} System.ThreadWrapper
23:12:39 FilesToCISOThread Average speed 241.94 MB/s
23:12:39 FilesToCISOThread Thread terminated
23:12:39 FilesToCISOThrea
d Time taken 00:00:30

Anyone else having this issue? By the way I am running Windows 7 32 bit.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Thanks for the log. The stack trace lead me to problem in seconds and 2 minutes later the problem's fixed. Well worth the extra 500KB exe size.
smile.gif

I broke the CISO code when I was messing with GameCube stuff. Sorry about that, it'll be fixed in the next release.

If anyone (especially azurenights) wants the fix now to work with CISO, drop me an email and I'll send the exe.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@2FastLX
I think I've fixed the duplicate drive problem.
When I plugged in a 3rd USB drive
That was the key information. I forgot to update the code that handles the drive insertion. When I tried it here, I ended up with about 10 extra duplicate drives in the list. It should be working OK now.

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
Thank you for the help.

It does appear to be specific to a corrupt game file. I wish I'd noticed the logs in the later releases when I moved from 0.3.5 beta 1, that would have helped identify the problem, and stopped me from worrying about my drive going. I vaguely remember Lord of the Rings Aragon's Quest appearing twice in the HD listing in Windows and deciding to delete them both.

22/01/2011 0.3.6 build 48

17:13:20 WiiFatDrive.OpenVolume Opened volume I:\wbfs\R8JEWR.wbfs
17:13:21 MountDrive1Thread Exception raised Division by zero
Stack trace:
[00408E7F]{WiiBackupManager.exe} System.@_lldiv (Line 19840, "System.pas" + 24)
[00638EEF]{WiiBackupManager.exe} WBFS.TWBFSPartition.ReadSector (Line 976, "wbfs.pas" + 2)
[00638485]{WiiBackupManager.exe} WBFS.TWBFSPartition.OpenFromHandle (Line 787, "wbfs.pas" + 34)
[0064047F]{WiiBackupManager.exe} WiiFATDrive.TWiiFatDrive.SetActiveDiscIndex (Line 629, "wiiFATDrive.pas" + 61)
[0064DC76]{WiiBackupManager.exe} WiiDrive.TWiiDrive.SetActiveDiscIndex (Line 541, "wiidrive.pas" + 4)
[00448FC2]{WiiBackupManager.exe} Classes.ThreadProc (Line 11019, "Classes.pas" + 8)
[00406A14]{WiiBackupManager.exe} System.ThreadWrapper (Line 13582, "System.pas" + 33)
17:13:21 MountDrive1Thread Valid drive. Drive (I:) - NTFS
17:13:21 MountDrive1Thread Found discs 30
17:13:21 MountDrive1Thread Thread terminated

23/01/2011 after renaming some titles.

14:04:48 WiiFatDrive.OpenVolume Opened volume I:\wbfs\R8JEWR.wbfs
14:04:48 MountDrive1Thread Exception raised Division by zero
Stack trace:
[00408E7F]{WiiBackupManager.exe} System.@_lldiv (Line 19840, "System.pas" + 24)
[00638EEF]{WiiBackupManager.exe} WBFS.TWBFSPartition.ReadSector (Line 976, "wbfs.pas" + 2)
[00638485]{WiiBackupManager.exe} WBFS.TWBFSPartition.OpenFromHandle (Line 787, "wbfs.pas" + 34)
[0064047F]{WiiBackupManager.exe} WiiFATDrive.TWiiFatDrive.SetActiveDiscIndex (Line 629, "wiiFATDrive.pas" + 61)
[0064DC76]{WiiBackupManager.exe} WiiDrive.TWiiDrive.SetActiveDiscIndex (Line 541, "wiidrive.pas" + 4)
[00448FC2]{WiiBackupManager.exe} Classes.ThreadProc (Line 11019, "Classes.pas" + 8)
[00406A14]{WiiBackupManager.exe} System.ThreadWrapper (Line 13582, "System.pas" + 33)
14:04:48 MountDrive1Thread Valid drive. Drive (I:) - NTFS
14:04:48 MountDrive1Thread Found discs 17
14:04:48 MountDrive1Thread Thread terminated

23/01/2011 0.3.7 build 58

14:12:53 WiiFatDrive.OpenVolume Opened volume I:\wbfs\R8JEWR.wbfs
14:12:54 MountDrive1Thread Exception raised Division by zero
Stack trace:
[00408CBB]{WiiBackupManager.exe} System.@_lldiv
[005BE835]{WiiBackupManager.exe} WBFS.TWBFSPartition.ReadSector (Line 1284, "wbfs.pas" + 2)
[005BDA3E]{WiiBackupManager.exe} WBFS.TWBFSPartition.OpenFromHandle (Line 924, "wbfs.pas" + 38)
[005C5AF2]{WiiBackupManager.exe} WiiFATDrive.TWiiFatDrive.SetActiveDiscIndex (Line 631, "WiiFATDrive.pas" + 62)
[005E40CA]{WiiBackupManager.exe} WiiDrive.TWiiDrive.SetActiveDiscIndex (Line 551, "wiidrive.pas" + 5)
[00614B65]{WiiBackupManager.exe} Threads.TMountDriveThread.Execute (Line 1843, "Threads.pas" + 24)
[00451D96]{WiiBackupManager.exe} Classes.ThreadProc
[00406F98]{WiiBackupManager.exe} System.ThreadWrapper
14:12:54 MountDrive1Thread Valid drive. Drive (I:) - NTFS
14:12:54 MountDrive1Thread Found discs 18

Looks like it listed any games before Lord of the Rings Aragon's Quest, and after renaming files it listed less as they were then later in the list. Also when I was adding a couple of games and only one would appear it was because they were alphabetically later as well. Now it makes sense.

btw I can send the full logs, but I think those are the relevant parts.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fig2k4 said:
@icebrg5
Maybe I should do preset menu functions for different loaders. eg. For WiiFlow, I would create a job for each game that contains the URLs for the full cover and also the URLs for the flat cover. So if the full cover isn't found, then the flat cover is downloaded automatically.

Downloading the covers using a preset would ignore all the cover settings, except maybe the base folder and the URLs.

It would be much easier than doing it manually.
smile.gif

That's exactly what i was thinking and would be great and would save a lot of time as i wouldn't have to download them through wifi in wiiiflow.

Would you also be able to do it like wiiflow does it?

Where you can check for missing covers and it will download the full covers(if available) to replace the flat covers.

darrell0114

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i have a issue is there anyway to get past the 500 game mark i have 2 drives 1tb and a 1.5tb any way or any format to get all my games on 1 drive to work on cfg loader sorry for being a noob thanks

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darrell0114 said:
ok i have a issue is there anyway to get past the 500 game mark i have 2 drives 1tb and a 1.5tb any way or any format to get all my games on 1 drive to work on cfg loader sorry for being a noob thanks
don't apologize for being a NOOB...do apologize for not doing some simple legwork yourself.... this is an issue that is old and has been beat to death.... but since you are unable to do any googling yourself, i'll help you out.... the 500 game limit exists on a WBFS file system...there's no way around it...stop using WBFS. start using FAT32 (or NTFS)....these are better alternatives anyhow.... use Wii Backup Manager to move the games from a WBFS FS to the FAT32 FS....it'll take awhile i imagine because you have so many pirated games...but in the end, you'll be happier with a more versatile drive.

EDIT: here's a useful screengrab of what Modmii suggests:

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
icebrg5 said:
Would you also be able to do it like wiiflow does it?

Where you can check for missing covers and it will download the full covers(if available) to replace the flat covers.

A great addition to the cover download would be region covers.
For the moment , WBM can only download English covers.
It would be great if it downloaded covers related to the language that is set in WBM.
For example you set WBM to french , you get French covers (or English for the missing french ones).
Like WiiFlow does it ^^

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Benjay said:
A great addition to the cover download would be region covers.
For the moment , WBM can only download English covers.
It would be great if it downloaded covers related to the language that is set in WBM.
For example you set WBM to french , you get French covers (or English for the missing french ones).
Like WiiFlow does it ^^

Benjay,

you can set that up
in the settings, go to Covers tab.
you can set your preferences.
You can have only your own region.
or you can have fallback regions.. it is all up to you.

Cheers,
R

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P