OutlawGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Got A Plextor DVD Burner
I Burn Only On Sony Or Verbatim DVD-R Blanks
Used Only So Far ImgBurn Program (Son To DVD Decrypter)
To Burn The Images I Get Or Make.

phoresis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hack777 said:
Hey phoresis. Would you mind telling me what dvd burner you have as in the actual dvd burner that you are burning your backup's? I am having a similar issue as your's where the wii doesn't read any burned backups whether its gamecube or wii backup's. It only reads the d2pro9 utility disc and the original wii sports with the wii clip on.
Well, it's not really a similar issue, since mine doesn't read ANYTHING. OzMod told me that it's locked to PAL apparently, since that's what they test on, and that it would work on a PAL console. But, since even the PAL utility disc didn't load, so he told me to send it back for a replacement. I'll probably have to wait 6-8 weeks for my replacement thanks to long international shipping times from the US.

Regardless, I have a samsung SH-S203N burner. I've heard the wii can be picky about media, not sure which is the best, so you might want to try looking that up instead.

redx113

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wanted to say thanks to OZ. I finally got my wii and opened it up. Works beautifully at least for first hour. I don't expect there will be any issues.

First time I installed it the lights were flashing like crazy and the discs would not get sucked in at all.I reseated it 2 more times and still the lights kept flashing on d2pro like nuts. I reseated it one more time and this time placed the cardboard over it and boom the dvd drive was working agina. I am so, so happy.

Thanks again for the great service!

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally decided to get a chip. So I got looking around and saw this post. Seems like a good deal with you pre-soldering the chip to the clip and offering free shipping. So, I ordered the V4C with D2Pro 9 wire (I just got my Wii back in May so it's probably a D2C2). So far, so good, the code worked, and the ordering process couldn't have been easier. I'll let you know how the installation goes when I get it. Thanks for the great deal, Oz.

tempest.nano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered my second D2C key + wiiclip from ozmods recently. The first one worked like a champ. Both were shipped lightning fast. The one I received and installed most recently refuses to accept backup discs. The LED's indicate that a backup is detected, but it seems to have no effect on the console. I have confirmed it was a D2C chipset, the region lock was soldered properly and it was reseated several times. Any ideas?

Temp

phoresis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tempest.nano said:
I ordered my second D2C key + wiiclip from ozmods recently. The first one worked like a champ. Both were shipped lightning fast. The one I received and installed most recently refuses to accept backup discs. The LED's indicate that a backup is detected, but it seems to have no effect on the console. I have confirmed it was a D2C chipset, the region lock was soldered properly and it was reseated several times. Any ideas?

Temp
Does it read normal games fine? Sounds like your problem is different than what happened to me (no backups OR legit games would load), also, my LEDs would just flash once each real quick on boot and when inserting a disc, and that would be it. I was told that my chip somehow got locked to PAL since that's what they tested it on, but even PAL burns didn't work. So I had to send mine back...will take weeks for them to get it and send me a new one.

Are both your Wiis D2Cs?

bathingapebape

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OzModchip:
Ok so I'm totally new to Wii, I just got a new NTSC-J version this month, July 2008. So, is the D2Pro + wii clip right for my wii? If not, any idea which solderless modchip solution I need to make it play Japanese backups as well as NTSC-U backups?

Edit: And so I'm kinda confused what the difference with the wiiclip v4 and v4c?
Does the discount apply to this as well? Wii-Clip v4C, (Solderless Interface for D2pro 9 wire)

or only the links you posted? and for some reason, I'm not getting a drop down menu to get the chip soldered on already, on the link posted.Wii-Clip v4 (Solderless interface for D2pro)

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bathingapebape, the v4c + 9 wire is the one you need, especially if you purchased a Wii that recently, forget the V4, ignore the link and just go to the V4C from the web site. And yes, the coupon will still work, it did for me

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am a bit confused...I use the coupon as an international buyer and it gave me 5 dollars off...when I was hoping for the 10 percent off -.- anyone else have the same problem?

ften

Trophies
Website
fathertom.net
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Just installed my D2pro with the wii-clip. Took a few times to seat it properly, but it's working great now. Really easy to install.

Kevenka: International buyers get free shipping not 10% off.

-FTen

bathingapebape

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ozmodchips: I just received my order, but my tri-wing screwdriver looks like a regular phillips head with four "wings". So what now?

Edit: Japanese wiis don't even need the tri wing. whoops.

bathingapebape

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Funny... I just bought my wii in July brand new, opened it up and its still a D2C. Guess Toys R Us must be getting rid of their older stock first.
Anyway, been using the d2pro for a few hours now. Works perfectly for all the games so far.

OzModChips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
d2c2, or d2c?

you can tell with teh d2pro config disc

Just got some cheap argons+clips in stock, will list them on the website too. Will be selling them really really cheap.
Might be able to squeeze the d2pro9+clip down a little bit too

more info soon.

bathingapebape

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OzModChips said:
d2c2, or d2c?

you can tell with teh d2pro config disc

Just got some cheap argons+clips in stock, will list them on the website too. Will be selling them really really cheap.
Might be able to squeeze the d2pro9+clip down a little bit too

more info soon.

It just said d2c on the chip. I'm a noob
blink.gif
so excuse me for asking, but what d2pro config disc are you talking about?
Was it supposed to come with my order or am I supposed to DL it somewhere?

Anyway, the d2pro9+clip I received is working perfectly. I have a friend here that may want me to get him one as well, so if you drop the price down even more that would be great.
grog.gif

phoresis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, you lucky bums. My replacement d2pro hasn't even shipped yet, and I'll probably have to wait another 3+ weeks when it does...and hope it works when it arrives

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, my chip's been here for nearly a month, but I just now got around to installing it with all that's been going on. I have only one thing to say about the clip -- DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!! I put the thing on very carefully and it didn't work. I tried a couple more times. Then I got looking at the clip and the pins were bent. I straightened them out, put the clip back on, and almost got Mario Kart through the update, then it stalled, and I had to eject the disc. Got the red light the next time so I tried adjusting the chip again, nothing. Then I looked at the pins and they were bent yet again! This time when I tried to straighten them I snapped one of them off. So, now there's definitely no way the clip's going to work (oh well, at this point it didn't even want to stay on).

It's a good thing I have a cousin and at least two friends that are more than capable of soldering this chip in. I wasn't going to bother them and I thought this would be faster than having to take my Wii to one of them. However, it would have been less frustrating if I had just tried to solder the chip in myself than my repeated attempts to align the clip properly have been. It might have taken me hours to do what would take most people only a few minutes, but it would probably be working now. The Matrix for the Xbox worked because it actually made use of one of the system's screws to hold it down (though if you want it to stay on good, you replace the screw with a longer one). This thing relies on nothing more than pressure to keep it in place (obviously the vibration of the drive motor would eventually have knocked it loose even if it had worked initially). It may not take any skill to get this to work, but it certainly seems to require quite a bit of luck. If I had known that, I would not have bothered -- if my life is an RPG and Luck is an attribute, I rolled a 3 for the stat, didn't pick it as a prime attribute, and have been rolling natural 1's on every single check. I'll just have my cousin pull the chip off the clip and install it directly when he gets off work. This is the last "clip-on" solution I ever try. You have to ask yourself if you want something that works for now but is going to eventually fall off, or something that's most likely going to continue to work for as long as you own the system.

But on a positive note, injecting seems to work 100% for me now that I've switched from XP to 2003. Not sure what it was, but apparently it's not hardware-specific, I have injection working properly with Sonic 3 now and I'm using an Athlon XP 3200 for a CPU (yeah, I need to build a new PC, and as soon as an AMD emulates the R5000 at full speed in MAME, I will -- in other words, I'm waiting for something to run Gauntlet Legends at full speed).

UPDATE: Well, my cousin was too afraid he'd mess it up, so after watching a video on Youtube that made it look deceptively easy, I decided to just solder the mod chip myself. To make a long story short, it works. It's definitely not as neatly done as the one in the video, but the wires are on good and it's working properly.

Mario Kart still wouldn't load though after I got it soldered, but having watched the video, I knew the LEDs were lighting up the way they're supposed to. So, now I decided to check a GC backup (Soul Calibur II). That ran alright. So, apparently the problem is with the new Memorex discs (my GC backups are on older Memorex, before they changed to the pattern with all those square dots all over the place). Guess the pattern isn't all they changed, so I suggest avoiding Memorex (and to think I used to swear by them). I went and bought some Sony -Rs at K-mart and reburned the game. Works fine now. I went and grabbed the 1.6 update disc because it did stutter loading a disc once, it updated fine so that should no longer be an issue. So, the irony is, maybe the clip was working properly all along and if I had burned Mario Kart to a Sony to begin with, none of this would have been necessary. Consider the clip vindicated as it probably was working right in the first place. Oh well, at least I greatly increased my experience with soldering (and I can be certain the chip will NEVER fall off,
laugh.gif
)

@bathingapebape: You get the d2pro config disc at www.d2pro.com (the chip's official website). Just click on "Resources" and you should see it. It's a very small download, takes a little while to extract though because it's been padded to official GC iso size (it's going to look like a GC game when you put it in, though it resembles a C64 app once it loads). You operate the features with the reset button (which may seem awkward, but since the Wii doesn't come with a GC controller, that's the only way they could be sure it works for everyone).

miezu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Romania
I bought my Wii some time ago and it was already modded. I guess it's a PIC chip don't really know which. If I buy a D2Pro how can i install it and do I have to get rid of the PIC? And if I must how do I do it?

phoresis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I -finally- got the replacement Wiiclip...stupid international shipping.

Anyways, installed it the exact same way I installed the first (defective) one I got and it works! My wii sports loaded fine, and it recognized my Metroid Prime copy and booted that fine. But I don't have a GC controller handy so I couldn't get past the warning screen to actually play the game...grr...don't have any other backups yet, lol.

But I somehow ended up with 2 extra screws after reassembling the wii...everything's fit, flush and stable, though. Guess that's what happens when it's sitting disassembled for 2 months waiting for a replacement wiiclip and I've forgotten where things go, lol.

Thanks OzMod, I had my doubts after my first one didn't work, but you came through.

Btw, would it be better to lay the Wii on its side (with clip side up) to avoid it possibly falling off?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I seem to recall something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @cearp, And that one old guy is AncientBoi.
    +2
  • Minox @ Minox:
    Some guy walking from the south of the UK to the north only to get arrested towards the end of his trip lol
    +3
  • Minox @ Minox:
    Best part is that he's done it a couple of times lol
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I agree with him but for better or for worse it's just not accepted in society anymore
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol the comments are mostly siding with him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember years ago while vacationing in Florida, was walking along the beach, and come along a group of naked people sunbathing, wouldn't have been bad but I had my 9yr old daughter w me. I didn't know then that they have nudist beaches down there. (St. Petersburg, FL) Not sure if still do, was 20 yrs ago.
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I'm surprised there's no religion where you're always naked. and people arguing that it's their religion to be so, as it's how god created us
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Nowadays religion is used as a manipulation tactic to get more people in.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf most religions end up being naked
    +1
  • Minox @ Minox:
    Iunno, nudists while a bit bonkers tend to seem more sane than cults/religions
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I always wondered where do they keep they're wallet and car keys?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's the old way of we aren't animals we have materials to make us decent way of thinking
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Hey, if there's a giant elephant with four arms telling me what to do, I'm going to listen.
  • Minox @ Minox:
    @BigOnYa Attached to the shlong, duh
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Or up their behind like they're smuggling drugs, idk.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Must be super painful.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol, instead of Fanny pack, they have the Shlong pack.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Who said us "Nudist" aren't sane? Were we "Born" with clothes? :mellow:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Fanny pack, that applies to women. ;)
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    honestly I think they just have those little hip packs
  • cearp @ cearp:
    exactly
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kind of like how thugs keep their guns in purses
  • cearp @ cearp:
    or maybe a very professional looking leather briefcase
    cearp @ cearp: or maybe a very professional looking leather briefcase