Hacking Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers :

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
sentinel5000 said:
Hi, well I finally got home and wanted to play some Rockband. The wii was disconected, I conected it and the first game I tried was Rockband (Original not backup) obviously runing it the correct way (not with the loader, no point in that I think since its original). I noticed that on all the songs I played the songs were skiping, like freeze in some parts and then resume playing at a diferent part of the song.

Im on Gamma. Any Ideas on this?? Thanks in advance!

Well, anyone else has experience this with their original Rockband game??

roids

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have the NTSC-U 3.3u wii Backup Launcher v.3 Gamma
Games i've trierd: Okami, SWTFU(star wars), Guitar Hero WT and Guitar hero Aerosmith.
Media: Nexxtech DVD-R
burned with: imgburn at various speeds x4, x8, x2

stevenrushing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the deal, I am not a tech newbie, and I follow directions well. I jack around with everything I own, from NAS's, to my old xbox, to my iphone, to netbooks and now my wii. I have had my wii open with the homebrew channel for months and months now, but over the last three days I have been trying to get the wiigator backup loader to run. Basically I have three wii's in the house, two upstairs and one downstairs and I am sick of going upstairs to get my games that my kids "borrowed". Not sure of the legality, but we all live in the same household so whatever.

Anyway, I have installed more ios's and cios's than I can count, and have installed countless wad's and followed 4 different instructions. I have tried all of the different instructions with multiple ios's and am just stuck. I have probably put 10-12 hours into this, and read 100-200 different pages of forum threads. I feel like I have bloated my wii too much, and need someone who knows how to get me back to square one and get wiigator's backup installer working for me.

I can't get the cios to install. It is the only thing that won't install! I can get wads to install, I can get other ios's and cios's to install. But I can't get the cios instaler for backup to work. It tells me to press a, and I press a and nothing ever happens, no matter the steps I have used before. Currently I am on system 3.2u, but have tried it from 3.3u and others.

The person who can walk me through the whole process via im or something get's $40 via paypal! email me at [email protected]. Thank you so much for this software and support forum.

Steven

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok have you downloaded the zip in my signature ?
If not, can you download that ?

I have a feeling you didnt have the 0000001 folder on your SD card and its trying to download from the internet and failing.
Can you double confirm the version and how did you get from 3.3 to 3.2 ?

I dont want anything with regards to cash for helping you if i can get u to resolve this , but if you are insistant on donating and i help resolve , id like you to donate 1/2 to Forsaekn for the efforts he is putting into his present project and 1/2 to waninkoko ... assuming i can help that is.

I may have a lot of questions , but we'll get there one way or another.

stevenrushing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have downloaded the zip in your sig, and another zip that had the numbered folder which eliminates the need to download. I followed your directions exactly all the way to where i do the cios installer, which just sits there. "press a" and I press a, and wait, and wait, and press a again, and wait and finally I am frantically pressing a over and over =)

List of files I have downloaded. Assume that I have followed the directions either in these read-me's, or that I have followed the directions from the places I got the zips from. =)

[3587]WAD_Manager_v1
0.3 gamma
3-1.3u_Update_Fix_____WITH_______IOS16.zip
backuplauncher0.3_gamma1
Wii 3.3u Update Fix
Wii Fix Tools
WiiBackupv0.3b
WiiGatorGamma03

Also, I downgraded from 3.3u to 3.2u using Any Region Changer.

Thank you for your help. We get this working and I will donate to you, and you can split if you wish... We can do this over this thread over a period of time, or I can call you on my dime, or we can instant message, or we can email. Don't want to hijack this thread with my personal issue if that is inappropriate.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well others may have a similar issue and reading resolutions may help them as well.
So i just want to get things clear - you have downloaded

WiiGators Backuplauncher 0.3 Gamma with install instructions
and followed the guide http://www.iol.ie/~taz/WiiHowToGamma.html

You get to Stage 2 step 1 and it doesnt install the cIOS at all ? and you have the 000001 folder on your SD card in the root folder ?

stevenrushing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly my issue. And it is the same with all other installers - they all work up to the cios installer, which just doesn't do anything. Some say to install this or another wad before, and then install a wad with a different custom wad manager... everything always works fine until I get to the cios installer.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok ... can you try running any title deleter and make a list of the all the IOS files you have on your machine and list them ?
If you have ios249 can you try removing it and then try installing the cIOS ?

stevenrushing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ios's in order, top to bottom, left to right:
16, 51, 10, 37, 36, 14, 33, 35, 34, 28, 22, 31, 30, 21, 20, 17, 15, 13, 12, 11, mios, dc, ios9, sysmenu, ios4

I have previously deleted ios249 - same result

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok , so cIOS 249 isnt installed on your system - and for some reason it refuses to install.
IOS51 ... did you do the 'safe update' for the the shop channel at any stage or did that one get installed when you updated to 3.3 ?

Have you tried (and you probably have) installing cIOS_Fix.wad (which is also ios249) and then installing the new cIOS after that ?

The loader runs on ios249 and not being able to install that means you wont be able to move on.

If you google cIOS_Fix and see if you can install that one and if not ,
i would suggest trying to update your system fully to version 3.4 then use this http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118446 and try to re-downgrade your system using steps 1 AND 2 and once complete try the cIOS for gamma again.

stevenrushing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have in fact installed the cios fix wad multiple times (and deleted 249 out again a few times). The ONLY thing I haven't tried, I think, is upgrading all the way up to 3.4, as you just suggested, I have seen so many places though where it says that this is a bad idea... they say things like "just cuz you can do this doesn't mean it is a good idea". I will try this if you think it is the only way, or the best way...

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i had a system today that was on version 2.1E and it refused to install anything.
I fully updated it to 3.4E and i followed Emperors guide and used his files to downgrade again to 3.2
I then installed everything perfectly.

It worked for me , and no hitches or glitches , but the wii i was working with had never been online and never manipulated in any way.

I havent seen an issue like yours before so im not 100% on why its doing it or how it will react , but from what i can tell an upgrade will sort out a lot of wii issues , and downgrading afterwards will bring it back to a normal version 3.2U for you - install SHOULD work after that ... but again its hard to tell when that error is so strange.

ohh and your right - normally id say DONT EVER UPDATE , but you sound like you have tried pretty much everything i would suggest to get this going and it hasnt worked and you have done your research ... this is really an effort of last resort so fingers crossed and best of luck.

I have put his files here : http://www.iol.ie/~taz/wii/eoc.zip with a HTML version of the read me to make it easier to see

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sometimes updating to 3.4 removes the twilight hack from your system or stops it working.
The new files there gets it running as long as you dont power the wii down ( rebooting is ok)
Powering down removes it again and you have to re-install it.

Twilight wasnt on the one i did , so i followed that , im assuming u will need to do the same.

Oli181

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having trouble getting some codes to work with tales of symphonia. Any one know what exactly to do?
When it loads it says its "SD codes found, Applying"

Edit: could it be that i used brick blocker on the iso?

stevenrushing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, 3.4 installed, homebrew channel still works perfectly... performed step one successfully, and wii is performing step two right now... still running cios downgrader. You should have seen the issues I was having before! My homebrew channel was corrupt for a couple of days... I would load something, anything, and the loading bar instead of going red from left to right, it went transparent and didn't do anything. I tried reistalling homebrew channel but that gave me errors, finally I realized that the homebrew channel on brewology was old, and I had to find a new one. =)

So to clarify, I do steps 1 and 2 only, and then move on to cios installer?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yup - though his files contain all you need and a step by step guide as well , i just got my system back to 3.2 and then installed as i knew - people have confirmed his was works as well and he uses the channel i created (but i prefer the other channels ... shhhhh dont tell me)

stevenrushing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I did the wad via 3.1, then the ciosfix.wad via the custom wm, then I did the iosdg, and the custom iosdg, all successful. Then I went on to the cios install for backup, the one on THAT zip, and had same error, or rather, no error at all.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok - can you try the DOL installer from my zip , - basically wipe your SD card now and put ALL of the files from my zip that say PUT ONTO SD CARD onto your SD (back it up first) and try the cIOS installer from that ?

stevenrushing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same same from your zip... Is there a log file somewhere that would be useful? also, just so you know, I have downloaded your zip multiple times to make sure I didn't get a bad download...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh cool that Bodycam games out
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ratings for it are calling it bad, but it looks cool. Damn 48/100 rating.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    looks are deceiving
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea people always down vote games anymore seems like, good or bad, bunch of haters
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, review bombing?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah seems like people hate on original ideas anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh were sorry our small dev team can't shit out a cod clone every 6 months
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly positive on steam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Eew, you use steam, I'm down voting you cause you not using or playing what I like.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yes and epic and gog, sleep with me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gay
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Homophobic
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, whats wrong with steam?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nothing, I was just teasing
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He's a big tease trying to take my booty
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No, I don't wanna make ancientboi mad, I know you two already have a thing going
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He divorced me once I threatened him with the fbi
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2,
    he also fucked uremum despite being gay
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah so did you and I want back child support pay enjoy the lawsuits
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, im virgin
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: