PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dr99 said:
if i have 3.3 firmware will trucha disks not load with the backup loader or does this only apply to modchips?

I think thats modchip related , but im not 100% sure on that - someone else may confirm this.

jinkssick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just want to say thank for your incredible work, and of course to the people who actually created all this. I am a serious newbie but managed to get it all to work with your instructions. Only thing I just wanted to ask.

-Can I play NTSC Isos on my PAL Wii? (will it brick only if I tell it to install the NTSC update?).

-I havent been able to play normal DVDs on my Wii? I thought it was just installing DVDx and thats it?

-After patching, will it make any difference on payability if it was a FULL Iso or a scrubbed one.

thanks again

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jinkssick said:
Just want to say thank for your incredible work, and of course to the people who actually created all this. I am a serious newbie but managed to get it all to work with your instructions. Only thing I just wanted to ask.

-Can I play NTSC Isos on my PAL Wii? (will it brick only if I tell it to install the NTSC update?).

-I havent been able to play normal DVDs on my Wii? I thought it was just installing DVDx and thats it?

-After patching, will it make any difference on payability if it was a FULL Iso or a scrubbed one.

thanks again

Firstly - well done on getting it working and congrats.

- You can play NTSC ISO's on your PAL wii and yes only the updates will brick it so dont install any of them - id use brickblocker before burning one of them discs - imagine some friends coming round and one clicking yes by accident when ur out of the room for a second
wink.gif

- The version of DVDx at present when combined with the Cios_fix wont play the DVD's like a movie - you need to install it a different way for that , but then you lose the ISO loader option ... for now its a choice im afriad.

- No difference should be seen whatsover in playability.

Hope that helps.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=107...t&p=1478516

WiiGator said:

So this is for those who did not update to 3.2?

If not, what firmware is he referring to?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tichinde925 said:

See where he said 'I will explain what you need to do when the release is there'
what he means by that in non technical terms is that he will explain what you need to do when the release is there.

I know its a bit technical the way he spins it in his coding language , but i hope my explanation helped a little.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
Tichinde925 said:

See where he said 'I will explain what you need to do when the release is there'
what he means by that in non technical terms is that he will explain what you need to do when the release is there.

I know its a bit technical the way he spins it in his coding language , but i hope my explanation helped a little.

lol that was cold.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
noobwarrior7 said:
lol that was cold.

Im in a sarcastic mood - he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, but i suppose in his defence he was on the right thread so ill have to give him that much.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so what we're saying is that we wont need to patch ISO's anymore in order for them to work on 0.3? what about all the stuff i installed like the CIOS and DVDx? will i need to get rid or will the new version still run with it installed?

sorry, i can't be bothered reading through all the pages to find out lol. thanks to all whom reply
smile.gif

EDIT: actually looked one page back and it says to install cIOS_fix. and if it doesnt work then uninstall everything and reinstall except cIOS36.

but it looks like Beta2 isnt even out yet so i shouldnt be worrying about it just yet?

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
there will be no beta 2. v2 was skipped because of the method used to load backups broke nearly the whole loader except of 2 games. so wiigator decided to skip one version number and go on with an other method in v3.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mikeyt1998 said:
.... it says to install cIOS_fix. and if it doesnt work then uninstall everything and reinstall except cIOS36.

QUOTE(knowitall599 @ Oct 20 2008, 10:29 PM) You do not need to uninstall both.

You do if the cIOS_fix doesnt work initially ...

how many wii's have you tested this on to know you dont have to uninstall both ?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mikeyt1998 said:
but it looks like Beta2 isnt even out yet so i shouldnt be worrying about it just yet?

and as Screemer explained above about the version 2 ... had you read the very first thread , it says this :

Q : What version is the new loader ? some say 0.2 some say 0.3 ??
A : version 0.2 was released for beta testing and had lots of issues so was scrapped and the beta testers are now working on version 0.3

NEARLY ALL ANSWERS ARE IN THE FIRST PAGE !!

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
game compatibility?

on the maschell.de compatibility list it says this for Zelda Tp

Game Title /////////// Zelda - Twilight Princess
Working /////////// YES
Backup Loader Compatible /////////// Playable.
Working /////////// NO
Backup Launcher 0.1 Compatible ////////// Warning Screen for Wrist Strap is shown, then freezes when the screen goes black

if thats hard to grasp the site is here... http://maschell.de/mediawiki-1.6.10/index....bility_List_PAL

right at the bottom (obviously) it looks like the updated launcher makes it not work for some reason... and mines doing exactly that. black screening after the wrist strap shows. surely 0.3 will have this fixed but i'd just like a way round it now if anyones got one?

manuel88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Hi Guys I have (Mario Super Sluggers) At first The game showed up with the Green Screen and I have AV Cables but After some Shots The game stared But Now I cant make it run again. Only If I put the option that says Force PAL60 thats the only way But it comes out B/W. I used Backup Luncher thats how it works but Now I used both Wannikokos and WiiGator and NoTHING Happends Just The Green Screen. That's weird Right?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
manuel88 said:
Hey Hi Guys I have (Mario Super Sluggers) At first The game showed up with the Green Screen and I have AV Cables but After some Shots The game stared But Now I cant make it run again. Only If I put the option that says Force PAL60 thats the only way But it comes out B/W. I used Backup Luncher thats how it works but Now I used both Wannikokos and WiiGator and NoTHING Happends Just The Green Screen. That's weird Right?

What cIOS are you using ? and what backup launcher ?
I think the latest versions get around your issues if you want to try them and get back to us ?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mikeyt1998 said:
game compatibility?
on the maschell.de compatibility list it says this for Zelda Tp
right at the bottom (obviously) it looks like the updated launcher makes it not work for some reason... and mines doing exactly that. black screening after the wrist strap shows. surely 0.3 will have this fixed but i'd just like a way round it now if anyones got one?

I took a look about and didnt see someone post a fix for that issue but ill keep my eyes open for it now.
I think 0.3 will have this resolved and there may even be a work around for it now ... have u tried taking the batteries out of the remote while it loads ?
I think that worked for one game though not sure why.

manuel88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
manuel88 said:

What cIOS are you using ? and what backup launcher ?
I think the latest versions get around your issues if you want to try them and get back to us ?

Well The cIOS That I using is CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad And Im Using Backup Luncher 0.1 The One With the red thing in the top that says Backup Luncher 0.1. That'S The One I used and it worked. Also I used Backup Loader channer 1.6 and the one at the HomeBrawChannel But still it only comes out with the green screen. I used Backup Creator to parch the ISO that's it bUT it works if I used the Force PAL60 Just like that But I dont get it If I did it before why is that happening now?. I hope You can tell me What to do Cuz Im staring to see my life Black and White Cuz I like this game. Just let me know what to do and I will do it. Sorry cuz My English I know Its fuck up lol.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you mean whilst it loads the actual game from the launcher or just from the wii remote part?

and who the heck could have thought of that in the first place... so many random fixes lol. i'll have to find a way to play it. i got tp original but i just think its great to play things that you shouldnt be able to XD even if it does wear out the laser...

anyways thanks for lookin about for me
smile.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
manuel88 said:
Well The cIOS That I using is CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad And Im Using Backup Luncher 0.1 The One With the red thing in the top that says Backup Luncher 0.1. That'S The One I used and it worked. Also I used Backup Loader channer 1.6 and the one at the HomeBrawChannel But still it only comes out with the green screen. I used Backup Creator to parch the ISO that's it bUT it works if I used the Force PAL60 Just like that But I dont get it If I did it before why is that happening now?. I hope You can tell me What to do Cuz Im staring to see my life Black and White Cuz I like this game. Just let me know what to do and I will do it. Sorry cuz My English I know Its fuck up lol.

Try downloading the zip file in my signature - it has the latest files in it - yours are a little bit old - theres instrucrtions on how to install (in English - sorry.... but translate if you wish) and it should be easy enough.
All you really should need to do is replace the boot.dol in the appz/iso loader folder with the new boot.dol and install the new cIOS_fix.wad file using the wad installer
Might be worth installing the backup channel as well , then reboot the wii and try your games again- should get you working in colour i believe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64