Hacking Wii Game Manager

Jhongeek

Trophies
XP
Country
pccfatman said:
Due to the fact that I have no time to work on this project I have decided to release all the source files. Do with them as you will, I release them with no restrictions. If you use it I would ask that you give me credit for the portions you take, but if you don't meh whatever.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O98F8C60

Keep in mind this was my first .NET project. The source code is a mess. It is not written efficiently and most programmers will notice that immediately.

Thanks for the support through development and I hope you guys enjoyed it.

Ed

any help with the password thanks

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jhongeek said:
pccfatman said:
Due to the fact that I have no time to work on this project I have decided to release all the source files. Do with them as you will, I release them with no restrictions. If you use it I would ask that you give me credit for the portions you take, but if you don't meh whatever.

Keep in mind this was my first .NET project. The source code is a mess. It is not written efficiently and most programmers will notice that immediately.

Ed

What password? There is no password on the archive

Jhongeek

Trophies
XP
Country
pccfatman said:
Jhongeek said:
pccfatman said:

Ed

when you open the file it asks for a password

i took screenshot to show http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9899/wiiil.png

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jhongeek said:
pccfatman said:
Jhongeek said:
pccfatman said:

Ed

Cancel that box, go to project, project properties, signing --- turn off the box that says "sign the assembly"

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi!

If someone could add this feature it would be awesome:

Being able to convert .iso game with these settings:
D :\wbfs\Title [GAMEID]\GAMEID.wbfs

And being able to automatically rename or move .wbfs files if there aren't named this way.

For example if you have:
D :\wbfs\GAMEID.wbfs
D :\wbfs\Title [GAMEID].wbfs
D :\wbfs\GAMEID_Title\GAMEID.wbfs

You'd be able to rename or move it (without converting again) in order to get:
D :\wbfs\Title [GAMEID]\GAMEID.wbfs

Maybe with the help of the script rename_game_folders-title_[id]:
http://code.google.com/p/cfg-loader/downlo..._folders-title_[id].zip

Jhongeek

Trophies
XP
Country
pccfatman said:
Jhongeek said:
pccfatman said:
Jhongeek said:
pccfatman said:

Ed

Cancel that box, go to project, project properties, signing --- turn off the box that says "sign the assembly"

thanks

cmacker7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I m very new to this but I was wondering if theres a way to make it so I dont have to kind of reinstall game manager every time i want to use it. I have to repopulate the fields every time i run the program I apologize if Im missing something very straight forward

schooluser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got experience with visual basic, as far as I'm concerned this is still Ed's baby, so I won't be changing any of the about info or removing his credit anywhere from within the program, but I will be spending time working on this to give it the options everyone wants. I do have a full time job with overtime, and plenty of people pushing for time with me, so it may not be nearly as fast as Ed's initial releases were, and I'm not even officially taking over the project from Ed, so if you want to make your own version feel free. As far as bug reports concerning my work or Ed's up to this point, feel free to post them, but please don't post them multiple times, and I will try to work them out, but adding features will be my main concern as with XP this thing works beautifully, and I haven't really experienced any bugs.

Since it isn't my project these won't be official releases, so I will just be adding an extended version number after the current minor version number for mine, until I've added all the features and customizability that I'm wanting to add, at which point I will ask Ed and all concerned if they want it to be an official release.

Thanks Ed, I hope I do you proud.
yaywii.gif

schooluser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wraithe1 said:
How do you add notes about the games? I am sure it is something simple that I am just missing.... Additionally, I would like to offer up the theme I made for wii game manager.

Final Fantaxy XIII - Lightning

The only notes I see are on the game info tab when you double click a game name. Those are added by the Titles/XML link that says download updated wiitdb.xml

wraithe1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the main window of Wii Game Manager (list A or B) Scroll all the way to the right. It is the very last column (GameID, Game Title, File Size, Est. Size, File Type, Region, Directory, Filename, Notes). I assumed this was where we could add our own notes like custom settings if needed for a certain game to work with the loader (eg Metroid Prime Trilogy & USB Loader GX settings about alt. dol).

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wraithe1 said:
In the main window of Wii Game Manager (list A or B) Scroll all the way to the right. It is the very last column (GameID, Game Title, File Size, Est. Size, File Type, Region, Directory, Filename, Notes). I assumed this was where we could add our own notes like custom settings if needed for a certain game to work with the loader (eg Metroid Prime Trilogy & USB Loader GX settings about alt. dol).

Notes was a field I added originally to show if the associated text file was missing or if theree was no entry in titles.txt for it. It was never intended to be an editable field.
Ed

woutie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
People, I need help here please!!!

I have my Wii softmoded with the USB loader and so far have been burning backed up games to disc and then install via the USB loader onto the USB HDD connected to the Wii.
I believe you can now, with this software copy games directly to your USB HDD from your PC.
The USB HDD have been formatted using the Wii so I don't know what format that is now, it is all working fine on the Wii anyway.

My problem is that your pogram does not see my USB HDD at all, it does show up in Windows Disk Management though but with no disk label e.g. A,B,C,D,E,F...?
bfc288drhibb.jpg

No matter what options I choose in the program my USB HDD does show up at all?
vljtqteru6d.jpg

Hope somebody can help troubelshoot this issue with me, I'm lost here!!

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
woutie said:
People, I need help here please!!!

I have my Wii softmoded with the USB loader and so far have been burning backed up games to disc and then install via the USB loader onto the USB HDD connected to the Wii.
I believe you can now, with this software copy games directly to your USB HDD from your PC.
The USB HDD have been formatted using the Wii so I don't know what format that is now, it is all working fine on the Wii anyway.

My problem is that your pogram does not see my USB HDD at all, it does show up in Windows Disk Management though but with no disk label e.g. A,B,C,D,E,F...?
bfc288drhibb.jpg

No matter what options I choose in the program my USB HDD does show up at all?
vljtqteru6d.jpg

Hope somebody can help troubelshoot this issue with me, I'm lost here!!

reformat it in windows to FAT32 to assign a drive letter, then if your using WBFS use a PC based app to format the FAT32 to WBFS not a loader

woutie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was gonna do that from the start but this particular drive (WD Passport 160GB) can't be formatted to FAT32 in windows. Or should I say that my WinXP did not give me the option for FAT32 only NTFS?
Can I reformat the drive to NTFS and then use the Wii Manager to format to FAT32, since I don't really know what WBFS is? (Newbie)

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
woutie said:
I was gonna do that from the start but this particular drive (WD Passport 160GB) can't be formatted to FAT32 in windows. Or should I say that my WinXP did not give me the option for FAT32 only NTFS?
Can I reformat the drive to NTFS and then use the Wii Manager to format to FAT32, since I don't really know what WBFS is? (Newbie)

you can format any size drive in Windows, just not by use their crappy integrated shit, use Easus Home(its free) to reformat your drive if thats the route your taking

woutie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there anyway now that I can backup the 51 games I already installed via the Wii itself, or would I need to do that all over again just this time via my PC?

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
woutie said:
Is there anyway now that I can backup the 51 games I already installed via the Wii itself, or would I need to do that all over again just this time via my PC?

If you formatted the drive using the Wii, it is formatted WBFS, use the open menu and choose the option "open WBFS drive" list a or b is your choice.
You will then be able to see the games and back them up to your pc.

Ed

wraithe1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or you can format it to NTFS, create a WBFS folder on the root and drop your wbfs files directly onto the drive. you can use FAT32 if you want, but there is a 4GB filesize limit... meaning dual layer games (metroid prime, sakura wars, super smash bros. brawl) won't fit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3