Hacking Wii Games and MIOS Updates

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was playing around with WUFE earlier to get a broad range of system WADs, when it occurred to me: What practical implication is there for including MIOS updates on a Wii DVD?

Granted, not everyone has a constant internet connection to the Wii, but why would a game like Guitar Hero III have it?

Logic states it would make updates run smoothly if you cover all bases and roll them out with every game. However, the infrequency of MIOS updates doesn't really warrant rolling them out with every game, as it appears we're only up to version 8 after two years of the Wii's release.

Anyone care to weigh in?

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
teq said:
linkinworm said:
isnt MIOS for gamecube compatability?

Exactly.

I just found it odd the way they roll out updates.
am i corrent in saying, in a fashion, your supprised that they dont include newer MIOS updates? it wouldnt need to be updated would it? because every game iv come across works fine

edited to make more sence

nanika

文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
I was playing around with WUFE earlier to get a broad range of system WADs, when it occurred to me: What practical implication is there for including MIOS updates on a Wii DVD?

Granted, not everyone has a constant internet connection to the Wii, but why would a game like Guitar Hero III have it?

Logic states it would make updates run smoothly if you cover all bases and roll them out with every game. However, the infrequency of MIOS updates doesn't really warrant rolling them out with every game, as it appears we're only up to version 8 after two years of the Wii's release.

Anyone care to weigh in?
Updates in all seem to only be on first party games, or WiFi games, and if I remember correctly, Guitar Hero III uses WiFi. As for MIOS updates, the only reason Nintendo need to release them, as far as I am aware, is to block stuff like the Gamecube Action Replay.

bushing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
teq said:

Anyone care to weigh in?

Well, here's a partial answer: http://hackmii.com/2008/06/genie-into-bottle-mios/
(So, as with many other cases, they're trying to force you to accept security updates by bundling them with other updates)

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bushing said:
Well, here's a partial answer: http://hackmii.com/2008/06/genie-into-bottle-mios/
(So, as with many other cases, they're trying to force you to accept security updates by bundling them with other updates)

Figured as such.

In retrospect, I was looking at it as if they were picking and choosing updates, when in fact, they've included every single one to date.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1