404 Error: Member Not Found
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The goal of the FAQ is to have it eventually link to the appropriate threads for all of the common questions and problems people have. This way instead of having to search the board, which alot of people seem to have problems doing, we can simply say CHECK THE FAQ! With luck a mod will wander by and decide to sticky this thread for awhile.

D

Deleted User

Thanks for your effort gathering all those things/threads into a really informative and easy to use FAQ!

T

tomservo6

Now that there's a new Twilight hack for the new menu, I thought I'd try out homebrew for the first time. I just have a couple of questions/clarifications. And yes, I have searched the forums and Googled stuff but have found different answers.

1. Nintendo obviously doesn't like the whole homebrew thing. When installing through homebrew channel, can you uninstall via the normal Wii menu and still be safe? I read somewhere that you should do it through wad manager since uninstalling like normal will leave remnants behind that gets sent to Nintendo. Or is that just with wads?

2. Nintendo Channel now requires you to have the "games played" sharing thing turned on to access the DS download service (which I don't want to lose). So when playing homebrew, does it send something about that? And if so, would I get cut off from something? I haven't bought anything through the Nintendo store and don't have a Nintendo account so should still be anonymous but I just want to be safe.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I think this whole ordeal is now n00b proof... There should be a post it stuck on the main page of this site that points you to some of this good stuff... That way when they finally do stumble on something mentioning softmod/backup/homebrew or similar they won't ask some real over asked questions.. but what the hell... alot of us like helping out as we can... you guys are just incredible with the way things are being handled compared to the start of this whole project...

Great job!
grog.gif

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the brick-prevention parts have a lot of poor (ambiguous etc.) wording...I might work on it later if someone else doesn't get around to it.

but make no mistake, its a grand creation in my book.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The more working on it the better. Its too much info for any one person to hope to sanely and accurately cover. That's why i went ahead and linked it into the main wiki and the forum. The input/edits of knowledgeable and respected members is always welcome and encouraged. Now if we could just get a sticky until the FAQ becomes common knowledge

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet