Hardware Wii is FULLY bricked!

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to point out that the topic title makes it look like everyone's wii is going to have an issue for whatever reason :P

I've seen some stupid stuff on this website. I've seen some REALLY stupid stuff on this website. That just ranks in the top as one of the most stupid posts I've seen. I think one would have to be quite a few steps past mentally handicapped to make that assumption from the title.

[useful post]

OP, installing a new SM overwrites priiloader. priiloader is patched into the SM, and is not a standalone program; making an overwrite to the System Menu (such as upgrading/downgrading) overwrites the portion that contains priiloader, meaning it's gone until you reinstall it.

You have, someone correct me if I am wrong, no way to boot into BootMii@IOS without being able to boot into a way to access HBC or an app that can access it.

Why you would install a stub is beyond me, as that is NEVER a good idea, ESPECIALLY when that IOS is the SYSTEM MENU IOS. A stub is useless; imagine having a desk covered with cups, most of which have water in them, but some are empty, which would be the stubs. You'd be better off not having them there (in almost every single case), but best scenario would be having them replaced with a cup filled with beer instead (or, in the case of the Wii, a patched and non-stubbed IOS). Why you would also install SM 2.2 is beyond me, but I'm not going to go on about it, because I'm sure you regret it enough without having people point out how critical of a mistake you made.

Your only options are booting a game with SaveMiiFrii and installing an updated SM (which SHOULD work fine, if I am not mistaken, I've been out of the Wii scene way too long to guarantee anything though), installing a drive-chip capable of autobooting a disk that has a newer update on it, or buying an Infectus/Progskeet and building a new NAND and flashing it with your Wii keys (or, better yet, contact DeadlyFoez and pay him to have it shipped to him and fixed, provided you have the keys. He has the necessary hardware and is the biggest person on GBAtemp, arguable the entire world, to do this for people.)

If you never made a NAND backup, that last option is completely out, at which point SaveMiiFrii or a drivechip are going to be your only options at hopefully getting it to work.

Like I said, I've been out of this shit too long to promise anything, but for SMF you only need a GC controller (which you can put back together afterwards), and an autoboot capable drivechip shouldn't be too expensive; not as expensive as a new Wii at least.

[/useful post]

Also, OP, should you get this fixed, or buy a new Wii if it can't be, don't do something risky like this without asking people here and/or checking Google and WiiBrew first. Not only is a few hours of waiting and doing other things in the mean time cheaper than a new Wii or the time wasted by fixing it, but you'll learn from every single question you ask. You might be called a noob by some people by asking if something is a good idea or not, sure, but you'll get a lot more flak for doing something stupid and asking how to fix it after the fact. For what it's worth, future knowledge, it's almost never a good idea to touch an IOS below slot 200. You've got 54 slots to install cIOSes in, though one of them (254) will be filled with BootMii@IOS. Having every single SM IOS slot installed with a valid and patched IOS isn't a bad thing; it's rather good, in fact, as it does ad a slight level of brick safeguarding, should you have priiloader installed (and at that, there are always people that advist against priiloader, but had you had it installed, you could change your SM IOS to something like 249 so you could boot like normal and reinstall IOS20, or boot straight to the HBC. Just food for thought.

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow you totally posted an entire essay to rebuttle one line of thread :O

I've seen some stupid stuff on this website. I've seen some REALLY stupid stuff on this website. That just ranks in the top as one of the most stupid posts I've seen. I think one would have to be quite a few steps past mentally handicapped to make that assumption from the title.

[useful post]

OP, installing a new SM overwrites priiloader. priiloader is patched into the SM, and is not a standalone program; making an overwrite to the System Menu (such as upgrading/downgrading) overwrites the portion that contains priiloader, meaning it's gone until you reinstall it.

You have, someone correct me if I am wrong, no way to boot into BootMii@IOS without being able to boot into a way to access HBC or an app that can access it.

Why you would install a stub is beyond me, as that is NEVER a good idea, ESPECIALLY when that IOS is the SYSTEM MENU IOS. A stub is useless; imagine having a desk covered with cups, most of which have water in them, but some are empty, which would be the stubs. You'd be better off not having them there (in almost every single case), but best scenario would be having them replaced with a cup filled with beer instead (or, in the case of the Wii, a patched and non-stubbed IOS). Why you would also install SM 2.2 is beyond me, but I'm not going to go on about it, because I'm sure you regret it enough without having people point out how critical of a mistake you made.

Your only options are booting a game with SaveMiiFrii and installing an updated SM (which SHOULD work fine, if I am not mistaken, I've been out of the Wii scene way too long to guarantee anything though), installing a drive-chip capable of autobooting a disk that has a newer update on it, or buying an Infectus/Progskeet and building a new NAND and flashing it with your Wii keys (or, better yet, contact DeadlyFoez and pay him to have it shipped to him and fixed, provided you have the keys. He has the necessary hardware and is the biggest person on GBAtemp, arguable the entire world, to do this for people.)

If you never made a NAND backup, that last option is completely out, at which point SaveMiiFrii or a drivechip are going to be your only options at hopefully getting it to work.

Like I said, I've been out of this shit too long to promise anything, but for SMF you only need a GC controller (which you can put back together afterwards), and an autoboot capable drivechip shouldn't be too expensive; not as expensive as a new Wii at least.

[/useful post]

Also, OP, should you get this fixed, or buy a new Wii if it can't be, don't do something risky like this without asking people here and/or checking Google and WiiBrew first. Not only is a few hours of waiting and doing other things in the mean time cheaper than a new Wii or the time wasted by fixing it, but you'll learn from every single question you ask. You might be called a noob by some people by asking if something is a good idea or not, sure, but you'll get a lot more flak for doing something stupid and asking how to fix it after the fact. For what it's worth, future knowledge, it's almost never a good idea to touch an IOS below slot 200. You've got 54 slots to install cIOSes in, though one of them (254) will be filled with BootMii@IOS. Having every single SM IOS slot installed with a valid and patched IOS isn't a bad thing; it's rather good, in fact, as it does ad a slight level of brick safeguarding, should you have priiloader installed (and at that, there are always people that advist against priiloader, but had you had it installed, you could change your SM IOS to something like 249 so you could boot like normal and reinstall IOS20, or boot straight to the HBC. Just food for thought.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you fix it yet? You can try the free savemii method if its an older Wii with the GC ports and the old dvd drive that reads dvd-r. You'll need a restore disc. I think you can find one on wiibrew. (at least used to be there) and a gamecube controller.
1. you take apart the GC controller and take the d-pad out. Then reassemble the controller.
2. plug the controller into port 4
3. put the restore disc in to the drive
4. Hold Up,down,left and right on the GC pad.(that's why you take the d-pad out.)
5. Turn on the wii while holding all the directions on the GC controller.

If all goes well it will install the system menu.

If you don't have the ports and dvd-r friendly drive you're fucked.

Good luck!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There's always the "send to DeadlyFoez" option, but at this point in time, I believe the costs of repair and postage back and forth exceed the costs of just getting a new Wii. To save it, one would require a programmable modchip and a NAND backup from earlier to flash the NAND externally OR another broken Wii that could be used as a NAND donor... but I digress, the Wii's dead and the topic can be locked, as it's filling up with idle banter slowly. :P

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Just wanted to ask you guys to chill a bit :)

It's obvious that Wii is bricked beyond usual easy repair, but there still might be somebody here that could offer a help, or help Bobesh8 in one way or another, so don't go into offtopic, and discussion about title or grammar/terms etc.

Reactions: Qtis
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed 2.2U as the system menu and was reinstalling IOS20 with the stub version.
I have Priiloader installed and BootMii as IOS.
I turn on the wii with really nothing! No black screen, no message, no everything!
Even when powering on and holding reset to get to the priiloader menu, still nothing.
HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLP!
Why would you install 2.2?U shouldve used modmii and get 4.1.
you wouldn't have to do all of that if you used a csm file an not a wad. wad themes are dangerous.
I installed a theme as a wad with modmii on 4.1J...My wii still works...ModMii isnt dangerous, definitly other things are though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Economy was better under Trump, according to Fox News.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I don't give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if your shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    A Far Right news service company
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if our shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +2
    @Veho, didn't need any news. Just going to the store and buying groceries is a constant reminder.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @Veho, didn't need any news. Just going to the store and buying groceries is a constant reminder.