Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two quotes here:

Hooya said:
xzxero said:
person3412 said:
Isn't this the same thing we said about wii menu 3.4 though? I'm sure this time (even if in the next years of the future) we will find another way to get around this, and again it should be better! I've actually thought, if we maybe replace the "maintenance mode" maybe we could replace it with "hack mode" or something of that nature. And instead of pressing minus, plus, and A, JUST pressing A. And when you press minus, plus and A, it goes into "normal mode"

There's ALWAYS ways around things, they at least have to try to stop us, if they don't, will get even MORE advanced into the wonderful hacking of Wii (WHW) It seems to me it'll only be a little harder than figuring a way around 3.4.

New software = New glitches, New glitches = new hacking methods.

Somebody PLEASE try to correct me. (:
us?
what have you done for the wii scene?

Probably just one hacking guide less than you. People who come here like to feel like they're part of the scene even when we're not. Get over it.

QUOTE(person3412 @ Sep 29 2009, 06:07 AM)
I know it was a stupid thing to say, I know all about how it works, trust me. I'm just saying that it's just like saying "there's always loop-holes"

Thank you for correcting me by the way. (:

Like I said, thank you for correcting me. (: I expected someone to try to prove me wrong. Also try not judging a book by its cover for once. (: I know a lot more about scripting that you would expect. You're talking with the nerd who's memorized from the first file that starts on a Wii, to the last file that "closes" on a Wii. I know everything about why it's there, what it stands for, how it works, why it's safe/unsafe to modify, and can tell it to you in reverse.

Yyhhggtt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
flusflus89 said:
That's what Nintendo says about the 4.2 update:

"This update provides behind-the-scenes fixes that will not affect features but will improve overall system performance."

Source: http://wii.nintendolife.com/news/2009/09/w...date_42_hits_us

Well, they didn't even try to come up with any extra functionality as an excuse this time. The homebrew-oblivious costumers seem wary of this update too.
what dickasses
an update made specfically made to kill homebrew.
that hurts nintendo.
we all know deep down you guys @ nintendo headquarters all use snes9xgx and usbloadergx on the daily.
"To encrease the Wii's Performmence"? They mean to make the Wii less wanting and losing money to people not wanting it..

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, given the change in IOS basis, there is a distinct possibility that performance has improved. They could have easily just updated the system menu with no change in IOS if they just wanted to eliminate homebrew. (They've done it before.)

flusflus89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think this update should put an end to that flame wars on wether WiiConnect24 is good or bad. I mean, it was a surprise attack released by Nintendo on all regions at once. Any homebrew user naive enough to leave WC24 on could've been screwed.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
flusflus89 said:
I think this update should put an end to that flame wars on wether WiiConnect24 is good or bad. I mean, it was a surprise attack released by Nintendo on all regions at once. Any homebrew user naive enough to leave WC24 on could've been screwed.
Where did you get the idea that this is an automatic update? You have to manually click the button in the Wii mail for it to update. WC24 is still 100% safe.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
nknave said:
Just rename boot.dol to boot.elf in your computer and it should do the trick
blink.gif

I think that wouldn't work. Why don't you try out with DolTool v3?

FenrirWolf said:
It doesn't, really. Since they can't ever patch boot1 there shouldn't be much stopping a new revision to BootMii even with boot2v4 installed. And if you're REALLY adventurous you could try getting a boot2v2 wad from any game disc and install that. But beware that doing so could very well be a one-way ticket to a turbobrick.

It can't be done, I think. I have tried many times with the Boot2v2 extracted from the Twilight Princess and you'll only obtain an instalation error: -1017.

QUOTE(nknave @ Sep 29 2009, 01:14 AM)
Ok, like I mentioned before, I'm about to put my wii to the test.

One thing that bothers me is the NEW IOS36 and Boot2v4 on my LU51 Wii
blink.gif

Anyways, I'm going to manually install all but Boot2v4 just to make sure I can hack it and DOWNDATE.

Now, since my Wii is not an original Boot2v4, if I install this update, can I downgrade with Wad Manager back to original (Boot2v3)?

Sounds Scarry to me.
ph34r.gif

Read the text above,

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
flusflus89 said:

I shut that off about after one day of owning the Wii. thing got WAY too hot for my tastes.

hvsep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It isn't going to auto update on me right? ;_;

I've never gone through one of these system menu changes. I got my Wii like 2 months back. XD

KiiNG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may be wrong, but didn't Crediar completely leave the scene, and take his source code with him? I distinctly remember reading that he would absolutely not be updating anymore.

Oh Really?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
flusflus89 said:

WC24 can't automatically install an update without you confirming it so if someone did update, it's their fault.

Okami Wolfen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
flus: Actually, I don't think Nintendo can "force" or "surprise" update you. They can only inform you of the update and pressure you into it by not allowing certain services (Nintendo WiFi Connection, Shop Channel) until you update.

hvsep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would shut my router off and go into the Wii to disable WC24 but I'm too tired atm so I'll be a man tomorrow and risk turning it on with my router on!
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @K3Nv2, afaik yeah but I also don't think that it runs on home grade routers like openwrt/dd-wrt does. OPNsense runs on full-on x86 PC hardware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sadly openwrt seems to be dying for support unless it's just. Anew name
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like made by the same devs different architecture
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idk, I mean it had a new release back in March https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/releases
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Not sure how recent hardware it supports though
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean for 1st party routers iirc linksys use to support it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ahhhh that I have no idea
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    pretty cool though if so
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or from what ive heard ways to set custom imgs for 1st party routers so locked down now days
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    OPNsense VM and specs and specs of system it's running on. https://imgur.com/a/S9wgGUD
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I've turned more features on in OPNsense lately and it's getting kind of high on RAM usage, I see. Probably bump that up to 4GB soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wanna make a 8core router with support for 20gbps doesn't even sound that silly lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I only have 1 gig internet but internally I have 10 gig connectivity for everything on my lan lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    fiber connection from my desktop PC back to my core network switch
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    2 port HPE SFP+ PCIE NIC in my desktop and all of my servers
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    silly shit
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    eventually this desktop is going to act as a server too, just for the hell of it. Because this PC is WAY fucking overkill for how little I use it.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    And once I do that, my desktop OS that I interact with is just going to be a virtual machine and use GPU passthrough to connect everything
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send it to me ffs
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No because it's my desktop lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    The most use this PC is getting right now is 979 Chrome tabs open right now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    This is my desktop there are many like it but it is mine alone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Enabled PPPoE on router now no wifi connection lul
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Anyone knows
    where is Juan?
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Anyone knows where is Juan?