Gaming Wii Motion Plus A Scam? You Decide.

toguro_max

Trophies
Website
toguro_max.sites.uol.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
SFenton said:
The hardware itself is quite accurate, and I enjoy it. I consider it a scam, however, in the fact that there is barely any software to support it.

This.

QUOTE(JinTrigger @ Jan 20 2011, 05:59 AM) The Motion plus is not a scam...just under supported....but what else is new

And also this.

Scam? Not in terms of "innefective" add-on, but it definetly could use some more support from developers, even if it's not a "necessary" use, just a "supported" use (like, ugh, Zoo is doing sometimes).

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely have to agree with everybody else here, you obviously have never played a WM+ game. There's no way you could do the Frisbee golf in Tiger woods without WM+, it follows your every move 360 degrees.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the idiot is obviously a troll notice he posts 1 line and doesn't return
rolleyes.gif

Multiskin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
i think there is a youtube video where a guy uses a wii zapper (the gun thing) and a kinect to play call of duty in pc, it worked well so if the next wii used it... (thing that i think won't happen because nintendo is always making new things, they wouldn't copy anyone like micro$oft and $ony)

Jordy_San

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Like others before me have ointed out, it's nto a scam. It's just severly undersupported.... now.
I wanna bet y'all $30 that you will think otherwise when NINTENDO (aka, the guys who made the M+) releases the new Zelda: Skyward Sword (full M+ support)

C wut i did thar?

ciris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the hardware a scam? No because it does what its supposed to. However the Scam is Nintey not including Wii Motion Plus control as the standard right from the get go instead of a F%^&in add-on.

Either they purposely made it this way to milk more money or someone in their R&D/Engineering Dept realized that true 1:1 control was lacking and made an add-on to fix the mistake.

I think they made a mistake but realized they could capitalize on the situation and turn it into a money maker in their favor.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ciris said:
Is the hardware a scam? No because it does what its supposed to. However the Scam is Nintey not including Wii Motion Plus control as the standard right from the get go instead of a F%^&in add-on.
blink.gif
Nintendo is integrating it into the newer wiis, have you ever heard from the wii remote plus? It has the same size and weight than the original one but with motion plus inside! And you can get it in different colors, here a picture:
news_2010_09_30_wiimote-plus-2.jpg

I have a wii remote plus and the controls are even better than the original motion plus!

ciris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
ciris said:
blink.gif
Nintendo is integrating it into the newer wiis, have you ever heard from the wii remote plus? It has the same size and weight than the original one but with motion plus inside!
I have a wii remote plus and the controls are even better than the original motion plus!

I should have been clearer in my earlier post. I know they are integrating the tech now, but the point I was making is that "Wii Motion Plus" should have already been a standard component of the controller since system launch. Do you understand what Im saying? Ninety sold millions of wiis before they finally integrated "wii motion plus" into and as the standard controller.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I comprehend your language, but I do not -understand- because your argument is not valid. The development of the Wii MotionPlus was closely tied to the release of an affordable MEMS gyroscope, which was not available at the Wii's launch. Keep in mind that the SIXAXIS' gyroscope provided only a single axis of rotation, which was fine for a device that was, by its nature, limited in positions to hold it, however the Wii Remote is so flexible that it practically needs a 3-axis sensor.

D

Deleted User

You're a bit of a troll, aren't you?
I could list a whole load of reasons about MotionPlus showing the Wii Remote in 3D Space, but since this is blatant trolling, I won't.

ciris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fat D said:
The development of the Wii MotionPlus was closely tied to the release of an affordable MEMS gyroscope, which was not available at the Wii's launch. Keep in mind that the SIXAXIS' gyroscope provided only a single axis of rotation, which was fine for a device that was, by its nature, limited in positions to hold it, however the Wii Remote is so flexible that it practically needs a 3-axis sensor.

Valid point in regards to an affordable MEMS gyroscope and why they went the other route, but how much more would it have cost to have it from the begining?

We know that the wii is basically a gamecube 1.5 with motion controls. Ninety is smart business wise and was the only company (correct me if Im wrong) selling their hardware at profit right out of the gate. The MEMS probably wasnt an affordable solution at the time if it ultimately meant cutting into their bottom line. I can only speculate: I don't know if Ninety were developing or using tech from other companies and just couldnt get a deal for the tech and instead opted for the latter. Who knows...

Good point Fat.

neotank19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's a total scam and should have been included at launch. Sadly nintendo will get me with this scam as you have to have it to play the new zelda game.

neotank19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm that might work except I can't stand buying 3rd part accessories. I'm seriously thinking about doing a "walmart swap" with my old wiimotes. You know buy the new ones and return my old ones haha. Then I shall be the scammer!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Economy was better under Trump, according to Fox News.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I don't give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if your shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    A Far Right news service company
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if our shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +2
    @Veho, didn't need any news. Just going to the store and buying groceries is a constant reminder.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @Veho, didn't need any news. Just going to the store and buying groceries is a constant reminder.