Hardware Wii no longer reads any game legit or not.

Warren_303

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
What would happen if I sent my Wii in without the copy of the game?
ph34r.gif

Because I want my laser repaired...but I don't own the game.

D:

I don't think that will be a problem, you can always tell them that you rented a game such as Brawl and tried three different unscratched copies with no success.
They shouldn't question the customer like that anyway, I would seriously doubt that they would ask if you own the game that doesn't work.

Just talk to support by email at the website that was mentioned above. http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/repair/re...orm_us_ssbb.jsp

If your having trouble with the backup launcher... then that is a different story.

Warren_303

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
radionds said:
Guys I had the same problem, my wii wasn't reading any game (legit or not), than I changed my laser then it starts to work fine, but my Super Smash Bros Brawl DVD9 is not working anymore, when I put the disc inside the wii, it makes like 3 clicks and show the message " the disc could not be read" and the big "?"..

Does anybody know how to fix that?
I tried to clean the lens but it didn't work.
Thanks.

Is it the original Brawl game or a backup?

If you have a modchip installed the original most likely will not work however the backup will. Some security feature they added to the game, to prevent the purchased game from working with a modchip installed.

If your Wii is not modded then I would contact Nintendo support as I mentioned above. ^

radionds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Warren_303 said:
radionds said:
Guys I had the same problem, my wii wasn't reading any game (legit or not), than I changed my laser then it starts to work fine, but my Super Smash Bros Brawl DVD9 is not working anymore, when I put the disc inside the wii, it makes like 3 clicks and show the message " the disc could not be read" and the big "?"..

Does anybody know how to fix that?
I tried to clean the lens but it didn't work.
Thanks.

Is it the original Brawl game or a backup?

If you have a modchip installed the original most likely will not work however the backup will. Some security feature they added to the game, to prevent the purchased game from working with a modchip installed.

If your Wii is not modded then I would contact Nintendo support as I mentioned above. ^
My wii is modded, and the SSBB is a backup game, I made everything, burn with the layer braker and those stuff.
Before I change my laser, it was working perfectly but after that, it's not reading SSBB anymore..

Warren_303

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm just going to install Flatmii that way I don't have to worry about the laser problems anymore. It would still be cool to have a working laser though so I can use all of my burned games.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: I used USB Loader for about 3 months and tried a burned game and its all working again. Kinda weird, I suppose the mod chip's soder points just went back into place or something.

Oh well at least its all working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right... +1