Hacking wii repair disc? what happened

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering that myself a few days ago. Maybe it was all a fake? Maybe the 2 people that have copies are cock suckers and don't want to release it? Maybe it is/was totally useless?

No idea why that image was never posted to Usenet/torrent sites. (did I miss it?) If not, WTF is the hold up? If you search around, there was alllllllllllllll sorts of hype about it and screen shots the week people found out about it but then nothing.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if it was bushing that has it, that's probably how he's figuring out the entire Wii system... just using that repair disc with all it's neat little Nintendo features...

If it were released as an ISO, so many people could be on his level, and then he wouldn't be needed...

Just a guess though!!

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
zidane_genome said:
if it was bushing that has it, that's probably how he's figuring out the entire Wii system... just using that repair disc with all it's neat little Nintendo features...

If it were released as an ISO, so many people could be on his level, and then he wouldn't be needed...

Just a guess though!!
cant release copyrighted code

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
zidane_genome said:

Just a guess though!!
Do you think bushing learnt so many things only with a disc ? The disc is a maintenance disc, it allows you to delete channels and stuff like this, it doesn't have any great features and bushing won't release it as he never released any copyrighted code. He even released a proper Wii iso template without any piece of copyrighted code by recoding the Nintendo apploader.

Secondly, you can see some screenshots here : http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Backup_Disc

Do you really think Nintendo would produce discs that could help the hacking ? I mean, a disc which would show informations like the common key, the complete Wad format ? Making a disc with interesting information like that is completely pointless as Nintendo already have every informations about the Wii.

Last thing, this disc is an utility, used by techs to transfert VC/Savegames data. Why would it contain any interesting information ?

No seriously, I can't imagine that a disc made by Nintendo can help bushing in any way.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It could contain a way to access the file system in the Wii natively... who knows! It could allow the Wii to be completely unlocked, and allow code to be run without the TP hack!

Without the actual disc to test, no one will ever know...

Hell, for all we know, it could bypass Starlet, and allow us to softmod the DVD drive chips!

And for those reading, this is SPECULATION, not fact...

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The disc is very basic in the way it accesses the Wii.

It provides no additional functionality from what we are able to achieve with homebrew software.

EDIT: There's really only one questionable item on the disc: "Install Dev Certs".

I haven't been able to find an explanation for it.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
teq said:

It provides no additional functionality from what we are able to achieve with homebrew software.

EDIT: There's really only one questionable item on the disc: "Install Dev Certs".

i think the dev certs are

CC.sys CERT.sys SPACE.sys UID.sys located in the sys folder. anyone correct me if im wrong

edit, what channel is HABA?

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
zidane_genome said:
It could contain a way to access the file system in the Wii natively... who knows! It could allow the Wii to be completely unlocked, and allow code to be run without the TP hack!

Without the actual disc to test, no one will ever know...

Hell, for all we know, it could bypass Starlet, and allow us to softmod the DVD drive chips!

And for those reading, this is SPECULATION, not fact...
Yeah, but unreliable speculation. It is a disc for simple techs. I said simple techs, even me could be hired at Nintendo to repair Wiis. And bushing said some peoples were very close of the DVD library access exploit on hackmii, so the exploit isn't related to the gay fish disc.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linkinworm said:
teq said:

CC.sys CERT.sys SPACE.sys UID.sys located in the sys folder. anyone correct me if im wrong

HABA is the Wii Shop Channel.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linkinworm said:

HABA is the Wii Shop.

If those are dev certs... why isnt additional functionality available?

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
teq said:
linkinworm said:

HABA is the Wii Shop.

If those are dev certs... why isnt additional functionality available?

additional stuff like what exactly? also while looking about, i think the wii upon boot,(upon NAND boot access) access the wii shop(as you stated that the title was the wii shop why would this be needed)
CODE
.B.D........................HABA................................................
................................................................................
................................................................................
sorry its kinda messed up, i had my hex set up in cells of 18 but yea that was in the "nandboot" file. B.D? anything or just some random crap?
grammer and stuff might be a lil off cos its almost 5am. im off to sleep now

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is how the Wii Shop Channel constantly shows newly released games on its icon.

It's the only channel for which Wii24Connect isn't required in order to recieve updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious