Hardware Wii Shop November 2012 update

mgman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, hey guys, I was wondering if I could get some help, please. I haven't updated my Wii Shop Channel in a long time and found out there's a November 2012 update (my shop version is the one right before this update). Of course, my Wii is softmodded.

I read from various different sites about how to install the Wii Shop Channel update offline, but it's kind of confusing. So I was hoping someone can clarify this, please:

-Some sites say to install both the channel update WAD and to install the IOS62, while others say the IOS62 isn't necessary. Which is true?
-Following that, is there a guide that explains how to update the shop channel without getting it done via the Wii system update(I don't want to damage my Wii of course)?

Thanks, I really appreciate this.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just use ModMii to update your Wii Shop Channel. It will output easy-to-follow instructions specific to you. To answer your other question, IOS62 is not used by the Wii Shop Channel nor required. It's for transferring things from one's Wii to one's Wii U, if I remember correctly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack